Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What kind of gamer are you?

This is a discussion on What kind of gamer are you? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; The question may sound weird but I've been thinking about it since a friend asked me the other day. "What ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

What kind of gamer are you?

The question may sound weird but I've been thinking about it since a friend asked me the other day. "What kind of gamer am I"? I've never really tried to label myself as any kind of gamer, but if I had to I'd probably say I'm a single player gamer. Most of my games are single player, and the few multiplayer/co-op games I have I play with friends and family but not as much.
    I would say I'm as far as a competitive gamer one could be. In most of my online games my Death/Kill ratio is lower than 1.0, meaning I get killed more than I actually kill people. And after thinking about it I realized that I don't really play to win, and I don't really mind if I get killed as long as I can actually finish a match. Granted, all the MP games I play either have Trophies related to them or I don't take seriously, but I've never felt that urge to win, or to be first. I must sound like a loser, but it's weird because in single player games I try to get as close to completing the game to %100 as I can.

I guess playing so many JRPGs during my childhood actually made me a milder guy, because I remember being really competitive -and my parents tell me so- when I was really little. I don't think I could seriously enter a gaming contest, a fighting game tournament, or a FPS competitive match if I have to directly compete against others, because I would focus on taking my time and getting everything...

So, I really want to know, what kind of gamer are you? Are you a mixture of genres, are you an adventurer, a platformer, a shooter? Or maybe you don't know? But in the end that's what amazing about the gaming community, the different kinds of people you can find!

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 6 - Silver

Personally I've always been into single player games. I love games like Batman Arkham series, and Uncharted. I used to love RPG's, and was an avid fan of the pre-ps3 Final Fantasies, (except for 11 as I never played it). Though I hated FFXIII, i am hoping to get interested in the series again, and am going to pick up both Elder Scrolls at some point..
    I will always favour single player games with a good story and good gameplay that over something such as CoD or Battlefield where it's all about the multiplayer. But as a rule, I like most types of games, but action/adventure is defs my favourite genre. Short of a few select titles - Resistance, Darkness... I hate FPS's though.
    I have however recently started playing games online, which I never used to do. I love Uncharted 2's Multiplayer, I like LBP [when it works...] and RE5 mp - though this versus mode is really shitty, I do like the co-op story. I don't know whether I'd have ever got involved with multiplayer games had it nor been for trophies, but I'm glad I gave some a chance, definitely.
    As a little kid I used to enjoy playing through games like Streets of Rage with my brother, but I always had more of an interest in games than he did anyway, I just kinda kept it going...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Me & Ming @ The Stash

I like all kinds of genres of games. I have seemed to lose interest in fighting & racing games this gen, but picked up interest in RPGs & shooters. The best way to describe what kind of gamer I am is console gamer, I really dislike PC gaming, using a keyboard & mouse to game is very awkward for me.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Buy my book, Alteration

I think I prefer single-play with cooperative play as a second. I feel like I can accomplish more without another person hindering me, and when I do play with others, I prefer it to be cooperative, for whatever reason I don't know. I love Uncharted 3 co-op, LBP is awesome MP, Portal 2's cooperativeness was pretty cool, I have a soft spot for LEGOs, and Rayman Origins is one of my top 3 games of 2011. Even with that, I still find myself playing those games alone, just to play without having to worry over a friend. Given my favorite games are Jak 3 and Arkham City, my SP focus is pretty there.

I also have a weird habit when I game: I can't follow guide videos directly. I'll use videos, but if I see one, I don't, er, CAN'T reenact it. I just look, go, "Hey there's a spot!", then just try it in my own way. My inability to mimic videos is what keep me from my Arkham Asylum plat. I use collectible vids just fine, but otherwise my habits take over.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 9 - Gold

For me I'm into all kinds of games, Here's a few examples of what I've got in my collection or what i've had

Adventure - Uncharted, GTA, Assassin's Creed
    Platform - LittleBigPlanet
    Shooter - Call of Duty, Battlefield
    Racing - Burnout, Midnight Club, Gran Turismo
    Stealth - Metal Gear Solid, Hitman
    Fighting - Mortal Kombat, Soul Caliber
    Sports - FIFA
    Music - Guitar Hero, DJ Hero
    RPG - Elder Scrolls, Fallout
    And more....

So there I have a variety of different games which means I'm not someone who only likes to play shooters or only likes to play adventure games but likes to play both. I'm happy with playing single-player and multi but favour single-player more like in Call of Duty I actually like to play through the campaign as well as multi-player

Local Drunk

I don't really know, never thought about it. I just like playing games.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm a adventure, sport(NCAA football), fps/3rd and fighting single player. Sometimes compete online.
    -----------------------------------------------
    "He's no good to me dead."

Lvl 6 - Silver

I do like the occasional FPS... but nothing like Call of Duty... just not my gig I prefer the single player experience of games like Half Life and Bioshock... although I am in fact enjoying Bulletstorm right now... mostly RPG and platform\adventure gamer here

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

im more of a shooter and rpg gamer. more engaging to me then anyone else

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 7 - Gold

I like a mixture of genres. I'll even play racing games if I can find one I really enjoy but it's typically a genre I stay away from. You won't often see me playing Survival/Horror games either, just something I've never really been into. I definitely used to play a lot more RPG's a couple years ago than I do now but when I find one I tend to enjoy it. Without a doubt I'm more of a single player gamer. I'll experiment with some online play but I've always, and probably will always, prefer the single player experience.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'll play almost everything except puzzle games, not because I suck at puzzles, it's just that they don't interest me.
    I've really been getting into PC Gaming this year, and I am loving it more than consoles. Mouse/Keyboard combo wasn't hard to master. I thought it would be hard to aim and move, etc. But I am doing really good for just starting.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    I don't really know, never thought about it. I just like playing games.
    This^^^^^^

Lvl 6 - Silver

kind of gamer i am - mostly play rpgs and fighting games ever since i starteed playing games - also play some fps but it usually depends on what kind of fps it is - also anything that gets me i will play
    betray someone to understand my reason (everyone should take a hear)

Plats
    YouTube

Check Those Corners

FPS, RPGs, Racing, Sports. I hate puzzle games. For example, I love Batman Arkham Asylum, but the puzzles make me not want to play anymore which is a bad thing. I love games like Half Life and Call of Duty and only Halo 1, 2, and Reach. Im more of a FPS overall though.

The One and Only

I'm a casual gamer that likes single player content more than multiplayer content, but I would settle for both. My main genre used to be racing games before I got the PS3, but since I got the PS3, I've spread my range of games quite a bit. Now I'm into racing, action/adventure, and sometimes FPS. Casual gamer who likes earning trophies = a DaRe_xLw.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 7 - Gold

Action/Adventure - GTA2, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, GT:IV
    Platform - LittleBigPlanet
    Racing - Burnout 2 throught to Paradise, Gran Turismo 3 and 5, Formula 1 (Every Game since 95'), Karting (Sonic etc.)
    Fighting - Mortal Kombat (All since beginning)
    Sports - FIFA (09-12)
    RPG - Final Fantasy X

I hate shooters and stealth sort of games, and only seem to like one RPG. Very much a Racing Game liker with a bit of Grand Theft Auto mixed in!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    I like all kinds of genres of games. I have seemed to lose interest in fighting & racing games this gen, but picked up interest in RPGs & shooters. The best way to describe what kind of gamer I am is console gamer, I really dislike PC gaming, using a keyboard & mouse to game is very awkward for me.
    This^^ except i like PC gaming
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I mainly play co-op games and some multiplayers, I play single player games when I need a break from the craziness ( at times ) fighting for weapons, ammo, collectables etc.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I guess im a single/shooter player, i mostly enjoy survival horror games (dead space franchise,dead island etc).
    I like cod and killzone 3multiplayer but only when ihave a bit of spare time.
    I also like fallout,borderlands free roaming games where i look everywhere and get everything.
    Not a big fan of racing or sport games but got nothing against them.

Lvl 4 - Silver

i like all games, in all genres and all aspects
    i am a perfectionist / completionist (which also means i am a Collector, both striving for 100% in-game and 100% games, like earning the money to buy and try all games when i can)

i'm kinda laid-back, but really focused...i thoroughly enjoy every story and form of game-play i come across as an equal
    games have been a part of my life since i was a young kid, and...are as important to me as life's blood..i'll get emotionally deep into each individual portion of The Gameverse and protect them with the greatest caution

i guess the best way to describe as a term would be...Casually Dedicated..?
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast