Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

[RIP] My "Launch Day" PlayStation 3 [2006-2012] (Got a few Questions)

This is a discussion on [RIP] My "Launch Day" PlayStation 3 [2006-2012] (Got a few Questions) within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Uncle_Carlos The PS3 to PS3 transfer is easy to do right? And I guess I'll use a ...

The Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Carlos View Post
    The PS3 to PS3 transfer is easy to do right?

And I guess I'll use a RJ45 cable...?
    It's easy, yes, and yes it just uses a normal RJ45 Ethernet cable. I only said that because the data transfer will transfer all of your game data and other content in addition to your game saves, so it can take several hours, depending on how much stuff you have.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ONUOsFan View Post
    It's easy, yes, and yes it just uses a normal RJ45 Ethernet cable. I only said that because the data transfer will transfer all of your game data and other content in addition to your game saves, so it can take several hours, depending on how much stuff you have.
    Okay, that's sounds good to me.

I would be happy enough to get a hand on my GT5 save (duh, obviously! hah!) and my GF's Skyrim save, she would be VERY VERY happy

PRO Member

Okay, that's sounds good to me.

I would be happy enough to get a hand on my GT5 save (duh, obviously! hah!) and my GF's Skyrim save, she would be VERY VERY happy
    That's all well and good however, I would still do PS+ first and upload your GT5 save as it will only take a few minutes to get PS+ activated and another 30 seconds to upload your save file. Then you can hook up the 2 PS3s and transfer everything.

It's totally your call but, speaking from experience (prior to PS+) I lost several game's save files due to my PS3 being stolen.... there's no way to recover that, haha. I had to start over on Lost Planet 2, Prototype, InFamous, Uncharted 1, and - I think - a few others to get the Plats; Still working on LP2 from time to time and have finally gotten back to where I was.

A little redundancy won't hurt as much as losing hundreds of hours of your time

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    That's all well and good however, I would still do PS+ first and upload your GT5 save as it will only take a few minutes to get PS+ activated and another 30 seconds to upload your save file. Then you can hook up the 2 PS3s and transfer everything.

It's totally your call but, speaking from experience (prior to PS+) I lost several game's save files due to my PS3 being stolen.... there's no way to recover that, haha. I had to start over on Lost Planet 2, Prototype, InFamous, Uncharted 1, and - I think - a few others to get the Plats; Still working on LP2 from time to time and have finally gotten back to where I was.

A little redundancy won't hurt as much as losing hundreds of hours of your time
    Thanks for your replies!

I just got an awesome news... my GF was pissed as she could have lost her Skyrim game, and she was even more sad when I told her about my Gran Turismo 5-near-platinum-save that she called a local gamestore here. For 50$CAD, he will fix my phatty PS3 and transfer my data to my new one... 50$CAD only!

I think I'm blessed haha

Thanks for your support guys, you're amazing!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

wow lucky man its tricky as swapping hdd if you have no idea what to do... great help tho for that guy iv fixed 3 ps3 fat boys now from death...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah can't wait to get my hands on a brand new Slim PS3. I'll get the 320GB bundle w/ Uncharted 3 fort 249$CAD.

I think it's quite nice even if I'm not a fan of PS3 sold in "game bundle"...

Check Those Corners

I got my 80 gig fatty from early 2008 still running hard. I have a 160GB drive so I can replace the old one if it runs out, but yeah, their are lots of good guides on youtube you should check out. My friend tried a guys guide in 2009 and it was suppose to last 2 months, but is still running. So, you should have plenty time to get those saves onto you drive. Good luck mate

Plats-O'-War!!

Yeah can't wait to get my hands on a brand new Slim PS3. I'll get the 320GB bundle w/ Uncharted 3 fort 249$CAD.

I think it's quite nice even if I'm not a fan of PS3 sold in "game bundle"...
    R.I.P PS3

BUT, you can't go wrong with the UC3 bundle!!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The Brand New Slim PS3 is bought!

The two friends (the new & the YLOD) are going to the doctor today Can't wait to see if it'll work.

I'm praying, so I can get my GT5 save back

Lvl 2 - Bronze

My GT5 save is SAFE !!

Subscribed to PlayStation+ and then, tried to make a transfer but keep getting a 80010038 Error. I can't backup either.

So I put all my game saves on PS+ then deleted them and re-tried to transfer and backup... Nada.

I'm really pissed right now... I don't want to re-download all GT5 patches and other stuff... Is there a way? I keep getting the 80010038 error with both "Data Transfer Utility" and "Backup Utility".

I searched for any corrupted data in the Game Data & Blu-ray data... nothing.

What can I do?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm in the same boat as you mine YLOD'd the other day I took it apart and did the heat gun fix and its been working but my Tax return is coming next week so I will be getting a PS3 with it. All though my GT5 trophies are only at 83% hahaha
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

That error stands for copy protected save files if I'm not mistaken on that. You could google it up to be sure.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah well... I put them on PS+ and an USB stick...

Got them on my brand new PS3 and everything is fine.

Everything is 100% fine! My GT5 save is okay, and my GF's Skyrim game is okay too AND I got a brand new PS3

PRO Member

Yeah well... I put them on PS+ and an USB stick...

Got them on my brand new PS3 and everything is fine.

Everything is 100% fine! My GT5 save is okay, and my GF's Skyrim game is okay too AND I got a brand new PS3
    Outstanding! I'm very happy to hear that and thanks for following up; it's always nice to hear success stories.

PRO Member

Well, you can get your PSN account back, but the game saves will be gone if your put your old HDD into the new PS3, unless you back up the game saves, but some are copy protected, so you could use PS+ which avoids copy protection, or if you didn't already have a back up( I don't think u did), try to do a quick YLOD fix and transfer the data from one PS3 to another which avoids copy protection and you do not have to use PS+ either....., but your old PS3 and your new PS3 have to be working at the same time.....

Youtube.Com/Kc1597
    Signature By Djunglist (Sigs and Beyond)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bmj14772 View Post
    Outstanding! I'm very happy to hear that and thanks for following up; it's always nice to hear success stories.
    Man! You could not believe how relieved I was when I copied my GT5 save, and "tried" it for the first time! When I saw Lv. 36 A-Spec and Lv. 40 B-Spec... my GF yelled "YEAH !!" and I was speechless haha!

Quote Originally Posted by kc1598 View Post
    Well, you can get your PSN account back, but the game saves will be gone if your put your old HDD into the new PS3, unless you back up the game saves, but some are copy protected, so you could use PS+ which avoids copy protection, or if you didn't already have a back up( I don't think u did), try to do a quick YLOD fix and transfer the data from one PS3 to another which avoids copy protection and you do not have to use PS+ either....., but your old PS3 and your new PS3 have to be working at the same time.....
    I don't know if you read the thread but...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm really pleased to see that you got it all fixed - it gives me hope too. My fatty died a couple of weeks ago, only 3 days after I got my Skyrim plat! I've still got a budle of saves for games I'm in the middle of, not to mention my LBP2 disc to try and rescue from the old machine. I got lucky, my phone contract was up and I needed to get a phone for my wife. Ended up with a new laptop and a 160gb slim for only 10 month than I was already spending! No idea what I would have done otherwise!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My Condolences mate!
    I have a PS3 Slim that I bought slightly after release, would cry if it died on me!

Again, condolences! and hold your tears!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

yeah you can use the same account and anything you downloaded from PSN can be re-downloaded on your new ps3

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ouch, srry for your loss. But man i pray to God that you can recover your GT5 save. It's a i really respect. I don't have it myself, but man 3 trophies away. I would be so mad.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast