Bring ur old ps3 back to life...

This is a discussion on Bring ur old ps3 back to life... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hi guys well my lil story goes like this i learned how to recover ps3 systems few weeks back all ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Bring ur old ps3 back to life...

Hi guys well my lil story goes like this i learned how to recover ps3 systems few weeks back all good felt cool when i did my own after update loop (yay tar sony make me start al over).. But i went to a friends hows yesterday he had an old fat boy like mine befor my hdd upgrade i said ill have a look at it for him.... So i got it home had a five min lil play got it all going sweet as again looked at the system it (VERSION 3.15) Never been on the net or updated ... what do i do???????

1: I can update to 4.11 if poss and give back ...to play new game titles
    2: I can not update leave it give it back but i think most new games wont even go. old ones do ..
    3: I could offer him money to part with his old ps3 off him...

Guys any ideas what i should do lol ???

oh yer it has outher os opshion .. tehehe

PRO Member

I'd probably ask him what he wants done with it.
    He might find the Other OS option useful and that's why he hasn't updated.
    Just ask him.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Yer hes an old man got it for his kids years bac and it died . so he just went and got a new slimy straght away.. it was collecting dust for years till i grabbed it to try my skillz out and dammm i have sum lol .... now my skillz need a fresh ps3 thats never seen a net cable..tehehe

Lvl 3 - Bronze

oh yer nuda thing i tryed drakes 2 worked sweet tryed need for speed hotpersuite said needs update to play im gessing ill find most games need to have updated ps system softwear to run... anyone understande or can shed sum light on subject for me ... i just dont wana give bac a ps3 that dont play all games (say yay i fixt it but you can play jac..)but he has to ps now lol umm i duno

PRO Member

well you could always offer him some money for it, two ps3's could come in handy for some of the harder/more annoying online trophies aha

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sweet guys scored the ps3 for nufn he said he didnt need two...Now to do sum hunting round for info on other OS maybe.. anyone have any links tips?? noob to that stuff

Lvl 2 - Bronze

If you are noob to the other OS, I wouldn't recommend it. Just count your blessings that you have a second ps3.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yer gota learn sumwhere but ithink that virgin ps3 i will put up for sale ....