Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Seriously? Who decides how much trophies are worth?

This is a discussion on Seriously? Who decides how much trophies are worth? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by LOWBOY3 Just finished looking at the Syndicate trophy list and saw there were no silver trophies but ...

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by LOWBOY3 View Post
    Just finished looking at the Syndicate trophy list and saw there were no silver trophies but a hell of a lot of bronze and a few golds. I think some of those trophies could have been silver or prob a gold and it makes me wonder. Who decides how much a trophy should be worth? I'm pretty sure its the developer but the way they determine a trophy's worth, It's like they don't care or are some sort of sadist. Like a game like demon souls, where I personally think that all trophies should be gold in that game because that game is just naturally hard, where games like DC universe, you do 1 race and you get a gold trophy, and Batman: Arkham City. I think completing all the campaigns, challenges, NG+ should warrant a gold but you only get one gold which is basically a "sub-plat" if you look at it because after doing everything, challenges, NG+, campaigns, you'll get the gold, with the plat following right after that. I'm not mad its just that some trophies should warrant a higher reward
    those of us that are in the top 20 are given special access to Trophiestus, the God of Trophies. He comes to us asking how many and what trophies we would like for each game.
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

thats why it counts to look at someones platinum list rather than their platinum number

Vive La Révelation!

Haha, I’ve thought about this several time while working on the Demolition man trophy It’s definitely deserved a gold standard.
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Negator

lol oh ok, you could have just said you were comparing it to achievement points, thought it was like a whole other grading system
    It is a different grading system, this isn't based on 360 Achievement values.
    Last edited by DarkFox's Piss Bucket; 03-06-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

man there is this trophy in bfbc which requires to get 10000 online kills and its only silver
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    those of us that are in the top 20 are given special access to Trophiestus, the God of Trophies. He comes to us asking how many and what trophies we would like for each game.
    lmao nice one man, dont think im gonna ever get a chance to talk to him

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    It is a different grading system, this isn't based on 360 Achievement values.
    Oh yeah i noticed that a lil late though

Legend...Nuff Said

They probably put them all on a map and throw darts at it to see what gets the trophies, like the scene in The Wizard.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    They probably put them all on a map and throw darts at it to see what gets the trophies, like the scene in The Wizard.
    lol yeah no thought at all

PRO Member

lol oh ok, you could have just said you were comparing it to achievement points, thought it was like a whole other grading system
    It is a whole different system, Helyx posted the point values of each trophy as it pertains to your trophy level.

For example:

Level 1 - 0 pts
    Level 2 - 200 pts
    Level 3 - 600 pts
    Level 4 - 1200 pts
    Level 5 - 2400 pts
    Level 6 - 4000 pts
    Level 7 - 6000 pts
    Level 8 - 8000 pts
    Level 9 - 10000 pts
    Level 10 - 12000 pts
    Level 11 - 14000 pts
    Level 12 - 16000 pts
    Level 13 - 24000 pts
    Level 14 - 32000 pts

And the developer decides how many points each game is worth based on what value they want to assign trophies, retail games vary from as low as 980 to as high as 1490 (atleast based on the last time I looked) for all trophies including Plat.

I will repeat this, contrary to what anyone on this board tells you, there is little correlation between the 360's system of every retail game being worth 1000 points and PSN's system, the fact that trophies have a fixed value but achievements don't introduces such a fuck-ton amount of noise that its impossible to have any logical correlation.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

the problem is not the worth of the trophies, its just stupid that a demons souls plat should count the same as the hanna montana plat !!! some people have like 60 plat trophies and of those plat 30plus are of games like hanna montana , zuma , iceage , up or whatever , when maybe some one have 40 plat in game like Darksouls COD series GODwar Bioshock , my point is that the game should have a different score base on the difficult of the game perse

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Ramieh View Post
    the problem is not the worth of the trophies, its just stupid that a demons souls plat should count the same as the hanna montana plat !!! some people have like 60 plat trophies and of those plat 30plus are of games like hanna montana , zuma , iceage , up or whatever , when maybe some one have 40 plat in game like Darksouls COD series GODwar Bioshock , my point is that the game should have a different score base on the difficult of the game perse
    Demon's Souls is so easy, a caveman could do it.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Ramieh View Post
    yeah i totally agree im playing bfbc now and it takes about 150-200 hrs to platnium and it should be more than fking 3d dot heroes or someshit.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    yeah i totally agree im playing bfbc now and it takes about 150-200 hrs to platnium and it should be more than fking 3d dot heroes or someshit.
    3D Dot Game Heroes is a respectable platinum, even if done post-patch.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    3D Dot Game Heroes is a respectable platinum, even if done post-patch.
    well you get my point hannah montana then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12