Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Seriously? Who decides how much trophies are worth?

This is a discussion on Seriously? Who decides how much trophies are worth? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just finished looking at the Syndicate trophy list and saw there were no silver trophies but a hell of a ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Seriously? Who decides how much trophies are worth?

Just finished looking at the Syndicate trophy list and saw there were no silver trophies but a hell of a lot of bronze and a few golds. I think some of those trophies could have been silver or prob a gold and it makes me wonder. Who decides how much a trophy should be worth? I'm pretty sure its the developer but the way they determine a trophy's worth, It's like they don't care or are some sort of sadist. Like a game like demon souls, where I personally think that all trophies should be gold in that game because that game is just naturally hard, where games like DC universe, you do 1 race and you get a gold trophy, and Batman: Arkham City. I think completing all the campaigns, challenges, NG+ should warrant a gold but you only get one gold which is basically a "sub-plat" if you look at it because after doing everything, challenges, NG+, campaigns, you'll get the gold, with the plat following right after that. I'm not mad its just that some trophies should warrant a higher reward

Negator

The game is worth a total of 1.230 points, which is pretty standard.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Ive thought this plenty of times on several games,especially if (like you say) its something pretty difficult and you get a bronze and you think what you just did for said trophy justifys a silver/gold.but i dont let it bother me anymore nor has it really bothered me,so long as i enjoy the game,thats all im arsed about.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

From what I know, Trophies does cost money. By that logic one would assume bronze are the cheapest while platinum are a must or are an optional for PSN games, But if we compared it to Xbox360 those are worth 1000 Points. On other subject I actually believe that Trophies does have a ''price'' take a look with Xbox360, Every game has 1000 Archievements points used to buy on Xbox Live Market. Those 1000p arent free and Actually cost money for Developers or Publishers or whatever. The same with trophies, that's why not every PSN game has a platinum and Why not every PS3 game has more than 1 golden trophy.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Thats new to me. Where you hear about that point system?

Quote Originally Posted by john3007 View Post
    Ive thought this plenty of times on several games,especially if (like you say) its something pretty difficult and you get a bronze and you think what you just did for said trophy justifys a silver/gold.but i dont let it bother me anymore nor has it really bothered me,so long as i enjoy the game,thats all im arsed about.
    Yeah man, it still get me thinking though, just like hearing other people feedback

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by LOWBOY3 View Post
    Thats new to me. Where you hear about that point system?
    He might just know from experience. That's how I know that most games have 1,200 or 1,230 points (games with s, at least). Some have 1,185, and even fewer have 1,170, but nearly all have 1,200 or 1,230 before DLC.

PRO Member

well I would like a job determining how much a trophy is worth, all I require is a mere 150k a year standard bonuses and holidays and of course early termination fee of 5 year salary

PRO Member

I always thought it was 1500 points

*runs off to check a trophy list for a plat game without DLC*

Yep, 1,230 points including the plat.... although, Spare Parts only has 1,140.

I'm pretty sure that Sony decide the minimum/maximum point required for a game to include a plat, but the developers decide how the trophies are distributed and what's required to unlock them.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Lvl 2 - Bronze

How do you guys determine a trophy list point value? I would always look at it as "ok the game has 50-51 trophies so its cool"

Negator

Each trophy type has a point value:

Bronze - 15
    Silver - 30
    Gold - 90
    Platinum - 180

The rest is simple addition.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by LOWBOY3 View Post
    How do you guys determine a trophy list point value? I would always look at it as "ok the game has 50-51 trophies so its cool"
    Once again I'll try to explain it to you. If you compare PS3 Trophies with 360 Archievements, the income has to be 1000 Points Score per game BUT ps3 has platinum trophies so an Average score of a Full trophy list including it's platinum trophy must be around 1200 Points Score or more. Now why most Trophy list have around 45-55 trophies or why other games have less than 40 trophies or even Terminator Salvation have just 11 trophies ? The more quantity of trophies usually means a lot of bronze trophies and less Silver and Golden trophies. So taking it as example it will give us this result 50 Trophies = 1200 Points. So you can expect at least 30 bronze trophies or more, and few Silver trophies and almost always just 1 Gold Trophy. Now remember trophies have their own respective value on the trophy list and your psn account. Expect values like :

Bronze : Between 15 or 30 Points
    Silver : Between 35 or 50 Points.
    Gold : 100 Points.
    Platinum : (I think myself those doesnt have a value but many people says it have around 200 Points or more.)

One last thing, Trophies many times are not classified regarding it's difficulty or how tricky it is but how long can it took you to get it.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    From what I know, Trophies does cost money. By that logic one would assume bronze are the cheapest while platinum are a must or are an optional for PSN games, But if we compared it to Xbox360 those are worth 1000 Points. On other subject I actually believe that Trophies does have a ''price'' take a look with Xbox360, Every game has 1000 Archievements points used to buy on Xbox Live Market. Those 1000p arent free and Actually cost money for Developers or Publishers or whatever. The same with trophies, that's why not every PSN game has a platinum and Why not every PS3 game has more than 1 golden trophy.
    They don't cost money and you can't spend achievement points.

Legend...Nuff Said

Why would trophies cost money? That doesn't make any sense.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidFox View Post
    They don't cost money and you can't spend achievement points.
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Why would trophies cost money? That doesn't make any sense.
    They don't, unless you're pathetic like some people and pay other people to do games for you.

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    Once again I'll try to explain it to you.

Bronze : Between 15 or 30 Points
    Silver : Between 35 or 50 Points.
    Gold : 100 Points.
    Platinum : (I think myself those doesnt have a value but many people says it have around 200 Points or more.)
    If you're going to attempt to "explain" something, don't guess. My post above yours has the proper values.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Syndicate has the exact same number of trophies to Ghostbusters. 4 gold and the rest are bronze, no silvers. Go for gozer's most wanted and tell me it's worth only a bronze trophy.. so yeah, some trophies are just ridiculous and don't correlate to their value.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    Syndicate has the exact same number of trophies to Ghostbusters. 4 gold and the rest are bronze, no silvers. Go for gozer's most wanted and tell me it's worth only a bronze trophy.. so yeah, some trophies are just ridiculous and don't correlate to their value.
    Same thing for All Ruined in Dragonball Raging Blast, it's my understanding that 1 bronze trophy, (and possibly the Silver for Battle Bonus Complete) are the main reasons why the plat in that game is so rare. I can certainly vouch for their difficulty myself as I was working on All Ruined for months (while doing other aspects of the game) before it finally popped, and Battle Bonus Complete was difficult for me as you are required to do some wall crashes and counters, which if the computer opponent doesn't do what you need him to do, within the 3 minuite time limit, you're out of luck and have to try and get all the bonuses all over again.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yeah I don't really get it either, with some games they seem to realise it though and change it to a silver or a gold trophy in the next game such as: Infamous (collecting the blast shards), bronze in the first one and gold in the second one.
    Same with Fifa (playing 500 matches with your virtual pro), silver in Fifa 10 and gold in Fifa 11.

Seems to me like they sometimes just throw darts to decide what kind of trophy you get for it.
    Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Each trophy type has a point value:

Bronze - 15
    Silver - 30
    Gold - 90
    Platinum - 180

The rest is simple addition.
    lol oh ok, you could have just said you were comparing it to achievement points, thought it was like a whole other grading system

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I knew bronze were worth 15 points, didn't know the rest. And I figured that since your rank is based on points and not the number of trophies you have then each game would have pretty much the same number of "points" that they're allowed to use and divide up among the game. Take Terminator Salvation for example. 11 gold and 1 platinum, easiest game you can ever beat. Is it "worth" 11 gold? No! Absolutely not. Now take a game that runs out 50+ trophies, most of them being bronze trophies, and maybe one gold. These games are usually followed with time consuming collectible trophies and impossible endings; usually the best games to play and most fun as well. These games' golds are usually worth it, and often you will find yourself earning a bronze that feels like a silver (sometimes even a gold) and a silver that feels like a gold. But all in all, you're earning roughly the same number of points for each game you 100%.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I think the question is more how they decide which colour a trophy is going to be? I know most games I've played will give you silver and/ or gold trophies for simply finishing the game, whereas you may have to take a real diversion from the main plotline for a couple of hours to get a bronze trophy. I'm playing Dragonage II on and off at the moment, getting the Exorcist trophy meant finding three unmarked hideouts, countless fights tougher than the ones in the main story line, then a rock hard boss battle for a Bronze trophy, yet opening 50 chests gets you a silver! You basically get the trophy for making sure you have a rogue in your party all the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast