HELP how do I move my profile with its trophy to my new PS3?

This is a discussion on HELP how do I move my profile with its trophy to my new PS3? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; My old PS3 is starting to give me problems. So I'm going to buy a new PS3 soon, but I ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

HELP how do I move my profile with its trophy to my new PS3?

My old PS3 is starting to give me problems. So I'm going to buy a new PS3 soon, but I don't know how to move my old profile and the trophies to the new PS3. Can someone help me out here? thanks

Regional Manager of War

Synch your trophies first, than make a new account. When making a new account instead of choosing new account choose "existing account". After that just put your email address password and your good to go.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Synch your trophies first, than make a new account. When making a new account instead of choosing new account choose "existing account". After that just put your email address password and your good to go.
    This
    and to move all of your saved data, use an ethernet cable.. just delete all your music and other stuff to save you time

Sig by Smashguy

illegal in 9 countries

If you've got PS+, copy all of your game saves online. If you don't have PS+, consider subscribing for a month - Online Storage is the only reliable method of getting protected saves from one PS3 to another. Unprotected saves can be copied to a USB drive, so that's another option.

Game saves are all you really need, the rest can be reinstalled from disc or redownloaded from the PS Store.

On the new PS3, create a new User, Sign up to PSN and select Existing Account. Punch in your current account's details, download the save files from PS+ and you're set to go.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Wow that was easy just need to go online to retrieve all the trophies. Thanks a lot guys for the help and explanation, I really appreciate it.