Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

How to spot a "trophy hacker"

This is a discussion on How to spot a "trophy hacker" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I used a saved game for FUEL after playing it for over a month and being stuck in the middle ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I used a saved game for FUEL after playing it for over a month and being stuck in the middle for a week. You can bite my shiny metal ass.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Just to be clear on the GTA IV hacking. It is possible to earn Fly the co-op after getting the Wanted trophy. That is not proof of hacking because they are separate trophies and can be done in either order. Fly the co-op is pretty damn tough and it was one of my last trophies because I put it off for so long.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by juliuspleezer View Post
    Just to be clear on the GTA IV hacking. It is possible to earn Fly the co-op after getting the Wanted trophy. That is not proof of hacking because they are separate trophies and can be done in either order. Fly the co-op is pretty damn tough and it was one of my last trophies because I put it off for so long.
    I also wrote in the description in order to hack wanted you have to have never played GTA IV online ever. I tested it out on a sub account and it works you get wanted a few seconds after you get Off the boat trophy . I will make changes to the description to avoid confusion.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    400 - 800 hours for SOCOM, that's insane. Don't see the point in hacking trophies, it's pretty sad. If I can't plat a game legitimately then I'm not going to plat it, full stop end of story.
    Doing it legit... MAYBE.. But doing it with a boosting group for the plat. It doesn't take more than 200 hours.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Doing it legit... MAYBE.. But doing it with a boosting group for the plat. It doesn't take more than 200 hours.
    By that post, it sounds like you think boosting isn't a legitimate way of getting trophies. I can't say I agree on that, espeically if no one even plays the game anymore and there's no other way of getting the trophies. Hacking is no-no though.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Oh thats easy, all hackers have a giant penis painted on their forehead.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

INTJ

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Oh thats easy, all hackers have a giant penis painted on their forehead.
    Haha. Yeah pretty much. Once I see a hacked plat, I'm like what's the point really? Play your damn games because they're fun. EARN your s because they're fun. This is a fantastic thread Admiral. I've actually met a few people on this forum who didn't know how to spot them. They're actually pretty easy to spot and it's quite disgraceful if you ask me, but whatevs. Thanks for this thread.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Lvl 5 - Silver

I didn't know Trinity Universe or WET could be hacked but, then again, I don't hack my games so it doesn't really matter to me haha.

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't see why someone would hack a trophy. I mean, what's the point really? Obviously you don't like the game you're playing enough to put in the time to Plat it so why would you hack the trophies? Just to get 100%? Seems silly to me
    Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GenCapGaming

Hesitation Equals Regret

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Letifer View Post
    I don't see why someone would hack a trophy. I mean, what's the point really? Obviously you don't like the game you're playing enough to put in the time to Plat it so why would you hack the trophies? Just to get 100%? Seems silly to me
    Exactly, it's totally pointless.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Im pretty sure that NGS2 recieved a patch in reference to the "watch someones video" glitch. & the threads ive read about it state that it did not work even (pre-patch) for the Gold-Complete all Team Missions trophy, which along with beat the game on Master Ninja is the hardest trophy in the game. I was determined , mine only took 1 year 8 months & 3 days ( & alot of swearing)

Trophy Guide Grand Master

You should add Demon's Souls to your list as it is a hackable game very similar to SOCOM....If you get into a game with someone who has the platinum, they can drop all the necessary items from their inventory you need to unlock trophies in your game...As soon as you pick them up, BAM trophy....You can get 10+ trophies in under a minute or so that would have normally took a shitload of hours to unlock... Sadly. most of the people on our site have earned their Demon's Souls Plats in this fashion.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I really donít mind trophy hacks.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

look i know its only trophies , but why let the cheats away with it on this site . presumably the only reason they cheat is so everyone will go " wow ... arent you amazing " when they see the leaderboards . so remove them ! we all know who they are , look at the top . it would only take a few minutes to delete them and then the leaderboard would be fairer and the sad idiots are not being rewarded .

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    By that post, it sounds like you think boosting isn't a legitimate way of getting trophies. I can't say I agree on that, espeically if no one even plays the game anymore and there's no other way of getting the trophies. Hacking is no-no though.
    I don't know how you came up with that conclusion by what I said. In no way do I think boosting is cheating or a illegitimate way of earning a trophy. Because there are a ton of games that REQUIRE you to boost because it is IMPOSSIBLE otherwise. But my response was that it'd take 400-800 hours if you did it without boosting and if you ultimately suck at Socom.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    You should add Demon's Souls to your list as it is a hackable game very similar to SOCOM....If you get into a game with someone who has the platinum, they can drop all the necessary items from their inventory you need to unlock trophies in your game...As soon as you pick them up, BAM trophy....You can get 10+ trophies in under a minute or so that would have normally took a shitload of hours to unlock... Sadly. most of the people on our site have earned their Demon's Souls Plats in this fashion.
    That's not really cheating or hacking. Since those items can be dropped to players to help them across their journey and stuff. Now if you do the duping glitches and stuff, different story. You'd need 3.5 play throughs unless you do the dupes...
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    I used a saved game for FUEL after playing it for over a month and being stuck in the middle for a week. You can bite my shiny metal ass.

You weak azz niggs

That's not really cheating or hacking. Since those items can be dropped to players to help them across their journey and stuff. Now if you do the duping glitches and stuff, different story. You'd need 3.5 play throughs unless you do the dupes...
    Yeah man. That's what he's talking about.

Real Life Alchemist

People buy platinums? That's pretty sad :'( I wish I had the patience to plat some more of my games like FF13 or my PoP collections!

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    You ought to talk to a certain individual here, since he's an expert in hacking
    Man, you're one subtle person, ain't ya?

But seriously, this is a good list, and should be stickied. Maybe this will convince less people to hack and teach a lot of people a bloody good lesson.

I've explained that too many times already. Don't bother.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

If you ask me, just about every EA game hack should be considered ok, to a very certain extent! Not the entire game, just any trophy to do with online. It seems this is really one thing EA just can't seem to get right. I wish I could hack Tattooed Millionaire for Mercs 2, then I would actually finish the game. So, for any EA game that is hacked to bypass a ridiculous trophy, I will be able to look past. But the hack for Fuel and Socom, nope, that is a disgrace.

Also, keep dropping those dimes, I want to see who these hackers are. Does glitching count as hacking? Hmmm?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast