Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

How to spot a "trophy hacker"

This is a discussion on How to spot a "trophy hacker" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; will someone remove warfighter from leaderboards . at least 20 games are hacked and he has already been barred from ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

will someone remove warfighter from leaderboards . at least 20 games are hacked and he has already been barred from the *** website

Lvl 6 - Silver

if i cant platinum the game i will leave it, as i have alot as one can see that i didn't plat. i don't know why people do hack trophies

Vive La Révelation!

I like to think I have patience when it comes getting platinum’s. but I would never be able to spend 400-800 hrs on a game… so folks I can honestly say you will never see Socom Confrontation in my platinum bar
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    That's not really cheating or hacking. Since those items can be dropped to players to help them across their journey and stuff. Now if you do the duping glitches and stuff, different story. You'd need 3.5 play throughs unless you do the dupes...
    If those items being dropped are from another persons save file and those drops unlock your trophies, it is no different than unlocking trophies on SOCOM from someone else's save file. You didnt put in the work necessary to unlock the trophies and can unlock the trophies in a matter of seconds.

Regional Manager of War

Im considering on adding Star Wars The force unleashed since the glitch makes the game super easy and Demon Souls for the fact since dupping weapons and souls is cheating. Also having people drop weapons for you is considered cheating since you did nothing to acquire them, boosting is usually used on games with dead online servers like AVP or glitchy servers like Fear 2, or a ridiculous task like win 1000 matches in Chronicles of Riddick(Servers are dead to).
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 03-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Well I'm proud to say I used cheats on; Uncharted 2, The Force Unleashed 1, Wolverine & Duke Nukem I also used a glitch on Wolfensteins MP to reach rank 50 after one match. If there's a way to use cheats in a game without disabling trophies, especially for the hardest playthroughs, then I'll continue to use them.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post
    Well I'm proud to say I used cheats on; Uncharted 2, The Force Unleashed 1, Wolverine & Duke Nukem I also used a glitch on Wolfensteins MP to reach rank 50 after one match. If there's a way to use cheats in a game without disabling trophies, especially for the hardest playthroughs, then I'll continue to use them.
    Well at least your honest about it, i'll give you that. Most people wouldn't admit to something like that.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by stevencrowson View Post

Banned

Using a walkthrough makes a game super easy... so is that cheating too? Using someone elses work so you can breeze through a game? I bet you used google to get your Trivial Pursuit platinum.

Now that I'm aware of all these glitches I might have to start using them.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR View Post
    Using a walkthrough makes a game super easy... so is that cheating too? Using someone elses work so you can breeze through a game? I bet you used google to get your Trivial Pursuit platinum.

Now that I'm aware of all these glitches I might have to start using them.
    Using a walkthrough makes certain games super easy, Uncharted, inFamous, Heavy Rain, and MW2 are a few examples. Using a walkthrough for NGS2 master ninja, Vanquish challenges, UMVC3 Missions, and GT5 Vettel challenges can help you do them but it doesn't make them "super easy" If you were a betting man than you are correct I used a guide to get the Trivial Pursuit Platinum, but there is one key difference between using a walkthrough and a "usb save". Using a walkthrough will help you reach your goal and make it "easier" and at the same time spoil the game for yourself. Using a "trophy glitch" to earn something you put no effort into all when it takes others hours to achieve that goal you do it in a few seconds.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by BEAMER231 View Post
    There are loads more games that can be hacked like Little Big Planet 2, Gran Turismo 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 there are more games but i can't remember them atm. People hack the trophies using a jail broken PS3 on those games and they can also make the trophy earned times look legit. Also alot more people are buying platinums now (Another person makes a new user on PS3 and doesnt create a PSN account and then they will get the platinum/hack the platinum. Then they will sell the platinum to whoever wants to buy the platinum. Once someone has brought the platinum, the person has to give their PSN details to the person that has earned the plat/hacked it, so then they can sync it to the buyers account).
    Are you serious? Buying a plat? That is the dumbest thing i ever heard. The people who sell are smart and the people who buy are less than smart lol. If you cant get em, dont get them and dont worry bout it because at the end of the day, no one is gonna care about your 2 bits of data.

But seriously, whats the point of spotting a trophy hacker? Are you really gonna waste your time looking to spot one instead of playing a game or earning trophies yourself? I mean its good to know which games are hackable but actively looking for them, spotting them out, that's a waste of time. Let's say you do spot one, how in any way or form does that help you. Don't think you can report them. I say just ignore them and keep earning yours

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Yeah man. That's what he's talking about.
    he was talking about the dropping of items, not duping. Both 2 different things. But both save you a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    If those items being dropped are from another persons save file and those drops unlock your trophies, it is no different than unlocking trophies on SOCOM from someone else's save file. You didnt put in the work necessary to unlock the trophies and can unlock the trophies in a matter of seconds.
    From another person's character. Not save file, unless you can now copy over the save files.... You would still need to put in the time to beat it 3.5 times. Now like I said before, doing the dupe. Different story. Instead of having help and still taking 50+ hours to platinum the game. You can platinum the game in 10-20 hours.

Still, not hacking or cheating unless you feel the need to do everything solo and not take advantage of the game's features.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have the socom confrontation platinum legit (loved the game) and tbh it doesn't really bother me that ppl have hacked it, its sad that their ps3 life has resorted to glitching and cheating to succeed. I'm relatively close to gran turismo 5 platinum as well and will feel the same when i get that

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    he was talking about the dropping of items, not duping. Both 2 different things. But both save you a lot of time.

From another person's character. Not save file, unless you can now copy over the save files.... You would still need to put in the time to beat it 3.5 times. Now like I said before, doing the dupe. Different story. Instead of having help and still taking 50+ hours to platinum the game. You can platinum the game in 10-20 hours.

Still, not hacking or cheating unless you feel the need to do everything solo and not take advantage of the game's features.
    Yeah pretty much this. It's impossible to find out if anyone had actually done this or not...

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Dude. I wasn't talking about you at all What you babbling about lol
    i know who your talking about but i will not post the name.. lol

Lvl 9 - Gold

Only one ive seen before is a friend who has all the call of duty original trophies in like, 15 minutes of each other.
    GTA IV and GT5 plat hacks would be annoying since it detracts from how much time/effort/grinding is involved i dont really know much about the other games difficulty though.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    i know who your talking about but i will not post the name.. lol
    I will
    View Profile: shadowsoldier36 - PS3 Trophies Forum
    Should be named and shamed

Lvl 5 - Silver

i actually have someone on my friends list that always tries to get me to gameshare saying look at how much higher of a level i am then you,well im the level i am cause i earned it not from hacking

Sig and avatar by beam

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    I will View Profile: shadowsoldier36 - PS3 Trophies Forum Should be named and shamed
    thats why i like aussies. 50% of the time, they will say what am thinking.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    thats why i like aussies. 50% of the time, they will say what am thinking.
    I'm actually a Kiwi

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast