Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

How to spot a "trophy hacker"

This is a discussion on How to spot a "trophy hacker" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Simpo64 I'm actually a Kiwi Masquerading as an Aussie. I think I must the only one who ...

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    I'm actually a Kiwi
    Masquerading as an Aussie.

I think I must the only one who didn't know about that guy hacking his trophies, mainly because I've never looked at his trophies.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i like to mock my younger cousin who only has 2 plats because his Modern Warfare 2 plat was "save file USb hacked" and his unacharted 2 plat was "cheats on Crushing" glitched
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Simpo64 View Post
    I'm actually a Kiwi
    Kiwi huh? Interesting. I have to add them on my list. Your right under.......(am thinking)..........but next to Canadians.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Alright, I'm really curious... why is Sengoku Basara on the list as being hackable/glitchable? It just says "coming soon" and no one in the thread listed it as hackable...
    Not that I'm particularly keen on knowing how, as I've put in over 100 hours on it already, and I'm perfectly happy to put in another 100+ once my "new game backlog" slims down a bit, but I can't imagine how you could glitch it, unless your can save file glitch the game. Getting everyone to max level, recruiting all allies... I can't see how that can be hacked except through save file exploits, if that even works.

Quartercircle Forward.

Why aren;t people like this guy ----> xAlienWare's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies banned from the site? So, Sub says sometimes Sony sends corrupt timestamps. I won't argue, because I have no idea of how the system works, but come on... This guy has tons of hacked plats (he even once opened a thread about it, which obviously got deleted).

Why can't these 12 year olds be removed from the site?

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Why aren;t people like this guy ----> xAlienWare's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies banned from the site? So, Sub says sometimes Sony sends corrupt timestamps. I won't argue, because I have no idea of how the system works, but come on... This guy has tons of hacked plats (he even once opened a thread about it, which obviously got deleted). Why can't these 12 year olds be removed from the site?
    i just saw that profile. how can anyone platinum WKC 2 in 2 weeks?

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    You mean one day. They were all gained on Feb 23, so yeah hacked. Same with WKC1 all on Feb 3

Quartercircle Forward.

Yep, apparently with hacks you can.

Just look at most of his games... Most plats he got within just a day (and I'm talking about 40-60hrs to plat games) and some plats he got within minutes

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

PRO Member

I personally despise people who hack trophies. In a whole, it takes away every reason to have leaderboards or competition, because ther eis always someone out there who has a platinum you find too hard to obtain. Thank God i still have the satisfaction of achieving trophies for my personal satisfaction... but the more i hear about hacks ( like say COD MW2 for example ), it just reduces my drive to want to play. If its unfair i dont want to be apart of it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I've seen people with the platinum of Star Ocean achieved in 0 seconds LOL, also Metal Gear Solid 2 platinums achived in 3 hours, which is impossible cause you need 5 playthroughs to collect everything.

Regional Manager of War

By this weekend I will have this thread finished completely . I am separating "usb save glitches" and "jailbroken/purchased trophies"

@aexuz - Thanks for the info defintly going to add it in the "jailbroken" section because its not a usb save glitch.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech
    Just look at most of his games... Most plats he got within just a day (and I'm talking about 40-60hrs to plat games) and some plats he got within minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aipher
    You mean one day. They were all gained on Feb 23, so yeah hacked. Same with WKC1 all on Feb 3
    whats strange about that list is that i had never seen a person with hacked trophies for sports or END OF WAR. kinda like how some ppl who brag about having 100% every game they played. throw in some sports(2K, Live or something). some ppl most really suck at gaming if they have to hack hannah montana.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

XxAgExOFxJoHNxX's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies ... ban from" your gam... card.com leaderboard " for trophy hacking

Lvl 6 - Silver

LOL @ hacking to earn platinums.... Like if I knew how to I would hack to get free games and such but there is no point in hacking trophies...

Earning trophies is like a scavenger hunt and I always loved those as a kid, thats the only reason I try for trophies... and the reward is just some personal satisfaction..

the people mentioned above yea should b banned... lol how can you earn multi plats in 1 day?

Lvl 4 - Silver

I don't care if someone has hacked their trophies... I mean i collect trophies because i enjoy the challenge etc. I'm not collecting to brag about my trophies (unlike them?).

The real question is how do they hack their trophies? I've been thinking about it a lot. Not that i would hack trophies. and i don't see the benefits of hacking trophies other than telling their friends or in some forums that they have this much plats

My point is that i don't care if people is hacking their trophies. I just want to know why they do it!
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aexuz View Post
    I've seen people with the platinum of Star Ocean achieved in 0 seconds LOL, also Metal Gear Solid 2 platinums achived in 3 hours, which is impossible cause you need 5 playthroughs to collect everything.
    And not just that, you have to play like 500 VR Missions which are very hard some of them.

I don't see the point in hacking trophies. What do you get out of it? NOTHING.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

thats why i like aussies. 50% of the time, they will say what am thinking.
    In my case it's a lot more.

And agreed Simpo, he should be named and shamed. If hackers want to screw up the leaderboards and shame trophy hunters they'll bloody well be named for it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Why aren;t people like this guy ----> xAlienWare's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies banned from the site? So, Sub says sometimes Sony sends corrupt timestamps. I won't argue, because I have no idea of how the system works, but come on... This guy has tons of hacked plats (he even once opened a thread about it, which obviously got deleted).

Why can't these 12 year olds be removed from the site?
    Lol I personally dont care about trophy hackers they could do it if they want, it wont bother me but damn! I saw his trophy list for WKC II. How do plat a game like this in less than an hour, and expect no one on the site to notice?

Come on man, Hack Responsibly

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LOWBOY3 View Post
    Lol I personally dont care about trophy hackers they could do it if they want, it wont bother me but damn! I saw his trophy list for WKC II. How do plat a game like this in less than an hour, and expect no one on the site to notice?

Come on man, Hack Responsibly
    Lol, he did the WKC2 for US/EU and the one for JP.... Pretty funny but sad. Too good of a game to hack it 2x without really even playing it once...
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Regional Manager of War

Its quite sad if you think about because most people buy games for the experience and fun first, trophies are usually second imo. If your a hacker its all about the trophies. Sometimes I wish the trophy system didn't exist but I love this site to much

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast