Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

How to spot a "trophy hacker"

This is a discussion on How to spot a "trophy hacker" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I remember when I first started coming to the site, a PSN user named duck360 i think it was, was ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I remember when I first started coming to the site, a PSN user named duck360 i think it was, was on the top of the leaderboards. I read something when PSN raised the trophy level cap that talking about duck saying that more than one person was using that account and they admitted to hacking some games to get the plat. Is that the reason why they are not on the leaderboards anymore.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by LOWBOY3 View Post
    I remember when I first started coming to the site, a PSN user named duck360 i think it was, was on the top of the leaderboards. I read something when PSN raised the trophy level cap that talking about duck saying that more than one person was using that account and they admitted to hacking some games to get the plat. Is that the reason why they are not on the leaderboards anymore.
    No it will be because they havent signed up to the site again after the reset, no cheaters have been removed from the leaderboards as far as I know

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by DoomHorror View Post
    I used a saved game for FUEL after playing it for over a month and being stuck in the middle for a week. You can bite my shiny metal ass.
    Oh man. How I could go on one...and the people on this site who know me, know I can go on one. You're a pansy...damnit, here we go. It took me a month to get through Riddick single player. Just SP! I now have about 80 hours of MP to do before the . MP is dead too. I've put in a lot of time and effort in JUST finding people to play MP with. Even still, we don't always boost. We actually play legit games. If you don't like to do things legit, get the hell off of PS3 trophy sites. You make me sick. I'd like to do something to your shiny metal ass...kick it straight to hell!

Ok, that wasn't a bad rant.

@Admiral - '08 Prince of Persia can accept save files. Easiest way to spot is look at the Light Seed trophies. If they are earned within seconds or a few minutes, they used the save file. Those are actually the hardest trophies to get in that game. I think a few other trophies pop with the save file too but, the Light Seeds are the big indicator.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't see how people like to do this, it just kills the fun. for people that do this, I'm not judgng you, it's just that your killing your own fun.
    also, most of this plats are manageable to get on your own, without even a guide!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    Why aren;t people like this guy ----> xAlienWare's PS3 Trophy Profile - PS3Trophies banned from the site?
    Haha, I just browsed through his trophy list, and saw he had the DW7 plat. Since that's one I plan to earn eventually, I thought I'd check to see if he'd earned it legit, since it seems that he used to actually play his games, or he'd hack the trophies over a few months (check his MW3 trophies).
    But for DW7, he's got these two trophies \/

Toggle Spoiler

unlocked out of order. You can't complete all the Kingdoms' stories before completing the individual Kingdom stories, lol. If you're gonna hack, at least try to make it look slightly believable, even if it's just unlocking them in the right order... geez.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It's pretty pathetic if someone has to buy a platinum.

PRO Member

Yes I never understood buying someones accomplishments ? its like a boxer comes along and pays another guy to get him some wins I mean it makes no sense to me, what are you buying ? A fake sense of ability ?

PS420

I agree...buying a platinum is the worst, but hacking is just as bad. Why? So you can be higher up on the leaderboard? What a dumb reason. I will have to agree with Admiral in that trophies are a nice way to extend gameplay and have a fulfilling sense of completion. It truly is sad.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I agree...buying a platinum is the worst, but hacking is just as bad. Why? So you can be higher up on the leaderboard? What a dumb reason. I will have to agree with Admiral in that trophies are a nice way to extend gameplay and have a fulfilling sense of completion. It truly is sad.
    Awesome comment, the reason why I play video games ontop of the fact that there fun

I added a few more descriptions for a few more games and I will add another game which will make people ask, really.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I got someone in my psn list that platted fuel in about 15minutes, so thats quite obvious I think

Final Fantasy XIV Guru

Please don't attack me, but.. why doesn't Terminator Salvation have a reason? Is it just a cheap Platinum to get?

Signature created by: DaRe_xLw

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizationXiLL View Post
    Please don't attack me, but.. why doesn't Terminator Salvation have a reason? Is it just a cheap Platinum to get?
    Because hakced plats and piss easy plats are two different things...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Can a hacked plat have no time stamps? There is a guy on my PSN friend list with a MvC3 plat and most of the trophies have no time stamp.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by System H View Post
    Can a hacked plat have no time stamps? There is a guy on my PSN friend list with a MvC3 plat and most of the trophies have no time stamp.
    Those are two different things if you see this

earned this on December 13, 1901 that is simply a error with the servers and thats not the persons fault because it could happen to anyone

but if you see this

Prototype

AU
    Noob earned this 4 months ago on November 12, 2011 at 10:35 am
    Achieve a rating of Gold or better in all Events.

PT
    Noob earned this 4 months ago on November 12, 2011 at 10:12 am
    Achieve a Platinum Medal in all Events.

Basically any timestamp you see that contradicts itself because the above mentioned is impossble to do if you played the game legitimately

MK Plat = Overrated

Add Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom to that list.

Way to spot: All five bosses have completion trophies for them. Since they are one of the first trophies you see, you can see that they were earned within a couple of minutes of each other. Impossible to do legit. However, pretty much all of the trophies are earned within a 1/2 an hour while using the game save.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Because hakced plats and piss easy plats are two different things...
    Nice. Never heard it put that way.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I have once used a trophy hack on fuel,the only other time I would want to use a trophy is for games that have online trophies that you get any more can't I.e Fifa 09 (this maybe the next game I do the trophy hack for just so I can get the online trophies I missed

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizationXiLL View Post
    I'm guessing that all the trophies will have the same time stamp on them like all the others seem to do.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS

Tomb Raider (91%), Killzone2 (83%)

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I couldnt agree any more with this.You have hit the nail on the head for me

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by jarethgeason View Post
    I have once used a trophy hack on fuel,the only other time I would want to use a trophy is for games that have online trophies that you get any more can't I.e Fifa 09 (this maybe the next game I do the trophy hack for just so I can get the online trophies I missed

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast