Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

How to spot a "trophy hacker"

This is a discussion on How to spot a "trophy hacker" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Introduction This thread is only to inform people how to spot a person who has used a "trophy hack", I ...

Regional Manager of War

How to spot a "trophy hacker"

Introduction

This thread is only to inform people how to spot a person who has used a "trophy hack", I am in no way trying to get people to use exploits or glitches to earn trophies. I am also not trying to get the admins to make the leader board legit because that will take to much time and people have lives outside of this site. As a proud trophy hunter I look at my collection knowing I did everything there with persistence, patience, and skill. This thread will show you how certain "trophy hacks" contradict on how the person earned the platinum, actually cheated. One important note about the average "trophy hacker" they have almost no patience when it comes to using the method to obtain the platinum. Allow me to explain once they use the method they will immediately use it again to obtain another trophy. If I am breaking any site rules with this thread please inform me and I will close the thread or a mod can shut it down. Lets begin

Suggested Threads

Rate the platinum collection
    Name the most impressive platinum above you
    Pick the Plat your Jealous of
    Rate the new plat

USB Save Glitches

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

Toggle Spoiler

This section is for games where you can use in game cheats and still unlock trophies in the process with certain workarounds. Unfortunately there is no way to spot anyone who does this,so this is only for informative reasons.

Glitched Games

Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 04-28-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Regional Manager of War

These are all assumptions and nothing is fact, its just sometimes certain time stamps are really fishy at times. I will post more if it is allowed, also this is a work in progress
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 03-03-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

With COD maybe they tried veteran first & got stuck on the last bit then tried it with another save on regular to see how to do it.
    Just saying.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff1 View Post
    With COD maybe they tried veteran first & got stuck on the last bit then tried it with another save on regular to see how to do it.
    Just saying.
    I have a few friends on my list who use these exploits and I don't judge them for that because that is what they want to do. This thread is only information on how to spot anyone who has used a glitch to obtain a platinum trophy. These are all assumptions I am making and nothing is guaranteed. Thanks for pointing out that you can start a new game and still have the progress of another difficulty
    Last edited by Admiral_Awesome91; 03-03-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Roo Commander

400 - 800 hours for SOCOM, that's insane. Don't see the point in hacking trophies, it's pretty sad. If I can't plat a game legitimately then I'm not going to plat it, full stop end of story.

Lvl 6 - Silver

GT5 is also a hackable plat i saw one use it on youtube i think..

Lvl 4 - Silver

There are loads more games that can be hacked like Little Big Planet 2, Gran Turismo 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 there are more games but i can't remember them atm. People hack the trophies using a jail broken PS3 on those games and they can also make the trophy earned times look legit. Also alot more people are buying platinums now (Another person makes a new user on PS3 and doesnt create a PSN account and then they will get the platinum/hack the platinum. Then they will sell the platinum to whoever wants to buy the platinum. Once someone has brought the platinum, the person has to give their PSN details to the person that has earned the plat/hacked it, so then they can sync it to the buyers account).

Regional Manager of War

lol this is a work in progress and I am only pointing out the most common ones usually the "usb saves". I recently found out about people buying trophies which is a disgrace if you ask me but that's what they wish to do. Also sometimes its obvious to point out who buys platinum trophies.

You weak azz niggs

You ought to talk to a certain individual here, since he's an expert in hacking

Chuck Norris Approved.

Honestly really who cares? I already know the posts that will follow " I work hard for my platinum" and so on. Welcome to life and the real world my friends, if there is a way to avoid doing the work to get something for free people will do it. Hell look at the welfare system we have in the states. Maybe 25% of those cases are legit.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    You ought to talk to a certain individual here, since he's an expert in hacking
    I DONT hack any of my platinums nor buy any platinums. I was just telling everyone how the people hack and buy platinums. You can even look at my trophy list, do i have GT5, GTA4, SOCOM, FUEL, COD Classic, LittleBigPlanet 2 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 plat? No i dont. Hakoom sells platinums and also duck360 was selling Dark Souls Platinum.

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by BEAMER231 View Post
    I DONT hack any of my platinums nor buy any platinums. I was just telling everyone how the people hack and buy platinums. You can even look at my trophy list, do i have GT5, GTA4, SOCOM, FUEL, COD Classic, LittleBigPlanet 2 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 plat? No i dont. Hakoom sells platinums and also duck360 was selling Dark Souls Platinum.
    Dude. I wasn't talking about you at all What you babbling about lol

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BEAMER231 View Post
    There are loads more games that can be hacked like Little Big Planet 2, Gran Turismo 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 there are more games but i can't remember them atm. People hack the trophies using a jail broken PS3 on those games and they can also make the trophy earned times look legit. Also alot more people are buying platinums now (Another person makes a new user on PS3 and doesnt create a PSN account and then they will get the platinum/hack the platinum. Then they will sell the platinum to whoever wants to buy the platinum. Once someone has brought the platinum, the person has to give their PSN details to the person that has earned the plat/hacked it, so then they can sync it to the buyers account).
    there is a lot of trust for doing that, you could lose your account

Sig by Apokolypz

Regional Manager of War

I hope no one breaks out lol this thread is only so people know that there are cheaters out there and I honestly do not lose sleep nor do I let this run my life. People can buy and hack all they want because I know I play my games for fun and hunt for trophies because it is fun.

Lvl 6 - Silver

ngs2 can be hacked?!? lololol

Lvl 6 - Silver

You can unlock trophies by watching replays of other people

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmourne89 View Post
    ngs2 can be hacked?!? lololol
    Unfortunately it can, I have ran into a few people(no names) who have figured out how to get the platinum in a day. Not sure how

Lvl 6 - Silver

uncharted can be hacked also

Lvl 10 - Platinum

kinda interested how some of these can be hacked since i have a few myself, dont really understand why people hack trophies since they dont do anything, if you got some sort of reward for each platinum i could understand but they really dont matter

The One and Only

You can pretty much identify a hacker easily by the time it took them to obtain a trophy compared to their first trophy and such for any game. I like seeing people who hacked games I platted legitimately. (To make it clear, I don't hack and have no knowledge on how to do so).

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast