Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Valve Cuts PS3 and PC Versions of CS:GO Apart

This is a discussion on Valve Cuts PS3 and PC Versions of CS:GO Apart within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; If they want constant updates, they can't have the PS3 interlinked with the PC... Unfortunately reality of playing in someone ...

PRO Member

If they want constant updates, they can't have the PS3 interlinked with the PC... Unfortunately reality of playing in someone else's backyard, they can't launch patch updates instantly and you don't want to introduce a fragmented market if you can avoid it.

Once again I chuckle that people make this about the PC master race.

Get off your high horse and get a life.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    console version left in the dust while pc version is dominant (Team fortress 2)
    Really? Cause they both play the same to me. But can't really stand the game anyways so no loss on my end.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Really? Cause they both play the same to me. But can't really stand the game anyways so no loss on my end.
    They both play the same, but the PC version has alot more content now... ALOT more.

Granted the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority of the content doesn't influence anything of any importance *coughhatscough*, but still the PC version has a larger wealth of content.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    They both play the same, but the PC version has alot more content now... ALOT more.

Granted the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority of the content doesn't influence anything of any importance *coughhatscough*, but still the PC version has a larger wealth of content.
    cough weapons maps gameplay modes cough

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

Which is exactly what I was referring to. I could care less about extra, and useless content.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Which is exactly what I was referring to. I could care less about extra, and useless content.

the weapons arn't useless, infact i rarely see the stock weaponry anymore unless it's a new player.

my fan, tomislav, cloak and dagger, bonk bat, and more are irreplaceable.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    the weapons arn't useless, infact i rarely see the stock weaponry anymore unless it's a new player.

my fan, tomislav, cloak and dagger, bonk bat, and more are irreplaceable.
    Yeah, but that doesn't make it a really different game... And lets be honest the new weapons are a small amount of content compared to the costume additions.

Its like saying since I got the Valkyrie and Chakram in Mass Effect 3 and haven't used anything else, its a completely different game from the standard edition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12