Warren Spector Revealing Another "Epic" Project

This is a discussion on Warren Spector Revealing Another "Epic" Project within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Gaming Everything Blog Archive Warren Spector revealing “epic” new project at the end of the month The image ...

INTJ

Warren Spector Revealing Another "Epic" Project

Gaming Everything Blog Archive Warren Spector revealing “epic” new project at the end of the month

The image above, which has been sent out to various members of the press, is teasing an upcoming reveal from Warren Spector. Spector will be sharing the first news about his “epic” new project.
    Come on, this has to be Epic Mickey 2, right?

Warren spector is one of the best in the buisness, made Deus ex, theif, epic mickey, etc.

also destroyer of childhood dreams

Platinum Procrastinator

Was Epic Mikey any good? I never followed up on it after it was released and forgot all about it until now. If he is making Epic Mikey 2, I may need to check into the first game as I plan on picking up the good Wii games over time.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Was Epic Mikey any good? I never followed up on it after it was released and forgot all about it until now. If he is making Epic Mikey 2, I may need to check into the first game as I plan on picking up the good Wii games over time.

yea it's good

only problem is camera issues

Kiwi Defender

Will it be multiplatform, though? Never got a chance to play Epic Mickey nor Thief, but Deus Ex is pure secks, and I only hear great things about Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    yea it's good

only problem is camera issues
    The kind of issues that can even make gameplay suck.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

they accidentally released a press release earlier that said it's multiplatform with co-op (mickey and Oswald, Mickey has the paint powers and Oswald will have his own unique abilities)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    No, it wasn't... Epic Mickey was completely unoriginal, boring, and tiresome to play.

The gameplay was awful, made it almost unplayable. It doesn't live up to the concept art either, and I have a feel thats not Spector's fault, but Disney's. It was very clear there were two major directions for that project... A dark "Nightmare-before-xmas-esque" interpretation of a Mickey adventure, one that was very different from your typical Disney tale. Another direction was a much more light-hearted romp much more akin to a Mario game.

What ended up was somewhere in the middle, and it was very disappointing.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.