Can anyone advise me?

This is a discussion on Can anyone advise me? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I got a strange question and need some advises. Let assume that you bought and upload the game "Resident Evil ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Can anyone advise me?

I got a strange question and need some advises.

Let assume that you bought and upload the game "Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition" into PS3 with the understanding that this gold edition includes a few additional chapters and perk.

Now, my question is that are you still able to play or get these special perk by loading a "normal" Resident Evil 5 game disc?

Can anyone advise me?

Retired

I don't think so, but don't count on me.

Lvl 6 - Silver

The original RE5 disc had all this extra content on the disc originally, but in order to access it I think you need to have a jailbroken (firmware 3.55 or lower) ps3 and download some patches, which you may not even be able to do anymore due to Mega upload etc being shut down...wouldn't advise it anyway, jailbreak ps3 is a waste of time...

In order to access the extra stuff on the gold disc, I think you need to complete the main quest first and it will open it up. I Have had both versions, selling the original to buy the gold version for the extra dlc at a cheaper price. It has been a while since I did this though but I'm pretty sure just complete the main quest and it'll access it all under the ' extras ' menu at the bottom of the main menu. Hope this helps
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks for the advise, Nookie. However, my question is rather the opposition. I would like to downgrade from gold edition to normal one instead. However, do not know whether can I still play or access the perks and additional chapter by using the normal disc after installing the gold edition.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I see, sorry for the confusion. In that case, I can't help you much, but to be honest, I doubt it.. hope you get it sorted
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Is your gold edition disk or psn?? If its gold disk and you try to play the add ons with the standard Re5 disk it won't work. Just stick with gold. Why would you try downgrade if you still want to play the dlc?

IF YOU NEED TROPHY HELP JUST ASK ME. DO NOT SEND A BLANK FRIEND REQUEST