Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amazon can Kiss my A**

This is a discussion on Amazon can Kiss my A** within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I have to vent. I've had Dark Souls on pre-order with Amazon for $57 with the Collector's upgrade since May. ...

PRO Member

Amazon can Kiss my A**

I have to vent. I've had Dark Souls on pre-order with Amazon for $57 with the Collector's upgrade since May. I had it set to deliver to work like normal, but I ended up having release-day off so I had them change it to my home address yesterday. Well the rep that changed my address also deleted my release-day delivery. Now they claim that they are unable to reinstate the release-day delivery for this pre-order. Instead they want me to cancel my order and reorder it, losing the slightly reduced price and the Collector's edition upgrade which is no longer available. They offered to let me keep the price with free shipping on release day, but no upgrade. I told them to piss off. I'm about to cancel over $500 of pre-orders with them. I've spent easitly that much with them in the last year.

Platinum Dohvakiin

How can they not be able to give you Release Date shipping. After all they are the ones who messed up. They can deliver it overnight, and just have it shipped the same day as Release Date Delivery is. It's not that hard. It's few freaking Key Strokes. I've never had this problem with Amazon. I've changed my address for Release Date delivery 3 days before the release date. With no problems.

Sig & Avi by:Stupot00
    PlatzReign Supreme
    MLB2K11 Trophy Guide

Currently Playing:Lightning Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: AW

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    They offered to let me keep the price with free shipping on release day, but no upgrade.
    why get the collectors when they pretty much digitized everything (That you can find on the net) and the only benifit is a steelbook case. it isn't worth it anymore.

they offered the lower price and free one day shipping, stop complaining.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    why get the collectors when they pretty much digitized everything (That you can find on the net) and the only benifit is a steelbook case. it isn't worth it anymore.

they offered the lower price and free one day shipping, stop complaining.
    Honestly, I don't really give a crap about the collector's edition. It's not the special. It's the point that they screwed up and are refusing to fix it. Yes, I'm stubborn. I expect to receive what I ordered and to have my original order commitment fulfilled. So no, I won't stop complaining. Their loss, I spend enough money on games and other crap and they won't see another dime from me.

INTJ

Every time i had a issue with amazon, they always fix it up very awesomely.

one time my catherine game didn't come the day it was supposed to (release day guarantee) and they refunded my shipping

2 weeks later after i got it and forgot all about it, they emailed me, still said sorry and gave me a 5$ gift card. they really care about their customers.

Whenever i can't get something from best buy (every other store here is a piece of shit, Gamestop is terrible and walmart isn't a good electronics store), i usually get it from amazon as plan b (I Prefer to get it now instead of waiting for it to come.) and they are amazing. only thing i hate is that they don't accept paypal.

PRO Member

I have to vent. I've had Dark Souls on pre-order with Amazon for $57 with the Collector's upgrade since May. I had it set to deliver to work like normal, but I ended up having release-day off so I had them change it to my home address yesterday. Well the rep that changed my address also deleted my release-day delivery. Now they claim that they are unable to reinstate the release-day delivery for this pre-order. Instead they want me to cancel my order and reorder it, losing the slightly reduced price and the Collector's edition upgrade which is no longer available. They offered to let me keep the price with free shipping on release day, but no upgrade. I told them to piss off. I'm about to cancel over $500 of pre-orders with them. I've spent easitly that much with them in the last year.
    that really sucks, sorry to here that. Maybe you could get them to throw in an official guide at a discounted price?

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Every time i had a issue with amazon, they always fix it up very awesomely.

one time my catherine game didn't come the day it was supposed to (release day guarantee) and they refunded my shipping

2 weeks later after i got it, they still said sorry and gave me a 5$ gift card. they really care about their customers.

Whenever i can't get something from best buy, i usually get it from amazon as plan b (I Prefer to get it now instead of waiting for it to come.) and they are amazing
    I agree with you. I've rarely had issues with them. Lately, I've had a couple minor annoyances, but this just ticked me off. They simply refused to fix the issue. I couldn't care less about the $3 off the regular price or the CE, but I'm a loyal customer and don't like dicked around and I'm extremely stubborn. They could have simply said "changing your delivery address will cancel your upgrades" or whatever. I'm going to call them on the way home from work and give them another shot to fix it (originally I was on the webchat thingy)... if they refuse.. then I'll cancel my account. The best thing about amazon in the past was the gaming coupons, but they don't seem to be offering those as much recently any how.

INTJ

oh yea i forgot one issue amazon didn't fix but that was because i didn't notify them about it.

didn't really care either, the contents wern't damaged, but the collectors box was and the shipping box wasn't. made no fucking sense

PRO Member

You have a legitimate complaint and if someone can't recognize that then to bad. Yes Amazon should fully fix this for you and apologize not expect you to accept a crappy outcome they like, man I would harass the hell out of them til they did the right thing!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Amazon honestly should fix their mess up! When you order something CE or not..you as a paying customer..are expecting your product to be delivered to you in the state that you ordered it. If you have already paid for it..send them a screenshot of the receipt, even if there is account history..you can use that to try and help you =) I don't use online for pre order so I don't know how that all works..but figured I'd try and throw in a few suggestions! =)
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

PRO Member

You did right by telling them to piss off! I hate shit like this, if they fixed it and made everything go back to the way it was then cool... but they didn't so I agree with what you did man

Lvl 9 - Gold

Did you talk to someone over the phone about this? Since amazon came out, I've only had 1 issue and it was fixed IMMEDIATELY.

Now I've only done 1 pre-order in my life and it went smoothly... Dunno how that'd work but only thing I can think of is the package was already set for the original address and you changing it will force them to find it and redo the address....

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    Did you talk to someone over the phone about this? Since amazon came out, I've only had 1 issue and it was fixed IMMEDIATELY.

Now I've only done 1 pre-order in my life and it went smoothly... Dunno how that'd work but only thing I can think of is the package was already set for the original address and you changing it will force them to find it and redo the address....
    No, I talked to someone over webchat. I'm going to call them on my way home from work and give them another shot to correct the issue. It's possible that they had the label and everything set for delivery last week. I wasn't able to change my address online and that's why I had them to it. But if that's the case, then they should have mentioned that this would affect my shipping speed or whatever else.

Lvl 9 - Gold

No, I talked to someone over webchat. I'm going to call them on my way home from work and give them another shot to correct the issue. It's possible that they had the label and everything set for delivery last week. I wasn't able to change my address online and that's why I had them to it. But if that's the case, then they should have mentioned that this would affect my shipping speed or whatever else.
    Webchat should of fixed it or atleast got your point across, but ya. I'd definitely call them. I had an issue with a guide I bought being ripped, so I did the whole online return thing and everything was fine till the next day. They shipped out the game instead of a replacement guide so I had them call me immediately to cancel that order and correct the regular order... Problem fixed in less than 2 minutes.

BTW Ps360, you spelled FORUMS wrong for your title. Unless you wanted it to say fourms....

PRO Member

Update: I called them on the way home. Guy offered me the same thing, the reduced original price and free release-day shipping. I said fine, but I want to be compensated for losing the CE upgrade... hoping for a $5 or $10 amazon credit. He offered me a $20 credit and applied it to Dark Souls.... so I'm getting the game on release day for $37. I am now happy with Amazon again Just wondering why the guy on the webchat couldn't be as understanding.

Kiwi Defender

Update: I called them on the way home. Guy offered me the same thing, the reduced original price and free release-day shipping. I said fine, but I want to be compensated for losing the CE upgrade... hoping for a $5 or $10 amazon credit. He offered me a $20 credit and applied it to Dark Souls.... so I'm getting the game on release day for $37. I am now happy with Amazon again Just wondering why the guy on the webchat couldn't be as understanding.
    See? That's the good thing about Amazon: they always fix their fuck ups. Next time just keep insisting and they'll agree to help you out.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platmate Ass Editor

yeah they did that to me with the pre-order of Red Faction: Armageddon.

I needed to make a slight edit to my Debit card which refused to process, so for some reason cancelled the order and I had to do it again. and I lost the 10$ promotion credit as well as a free code for Red faction: Battlegrounds.

"The artist has a duty to seduce the ear and delight the spirit"
    You can't spell sarcasm without RC

Did you .... ( _) ( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) put on sunglasses?

Platinum Procrastinator

Well that's good news then. I preordered Dark Souls as well through Amazon along with the collectors edition of Mass Effect 3 so I'm hoping I have no issues with them. However, if I do, its good to hear so many people say they've had excellent customer service through them.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Well that's good news then. I preordered Dark Souls as well through Amazon along with the collectors edition of Mass Effect 3 so I'm hoping I have no issues with them. However, if I do, its good to hear so many people say they've had excellent customer service through them.
    I haven't had an issue with Amazon, and I've ordered plenty of things through them over the years. Whether it was shipped from overseas, or domestically, pretty fast shipping.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Glad to see everything worked out for you =) And you got your game for cheaper!! =)
    All credit goes to Athena
    Got last.fm? http://www.last.fm/user/Metal_Queen666
    All credit goes to Auburn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast