Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Capcom stop it

This is a discussion on Capcom stop it within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Prosthetic It's really just like a game of the year edition; all the DLC on it. I ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetic View Post
    It's really just like a game of the year edition; all the DLC on it. I know it's bullshit that it's already on the disc but it's not as bad as all the re-releases of Street Fighter games that they do.
    Yeah but the point I'm making is that it should have all been available from the offset, without the need for the gold version. It was all on the disc. Whereas most stuff with dlc, is, well, downloadable content, not onthediscbutfuckitletsre-releaseitagainanyway content.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 8 - Gold

Absolutely ridiculous.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Actually what Pokemon does is release the same game twice on the same day. Every Pokemon releases two versions on day 1 with slightly different Pokemon and then a year or 2 later releases another one that combines the other 2 together. How is that an acceptable practice?

you can get the other version stuff on the other color and vice versa

it's great if you have a friend and you both get both versions. if you don't you can just meet up with people who own the other version at the tons of pokemon meetups and get the opposite color benfits with them.

don't see the problem here unless you have a problem with socializng with pokemon lovers.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition... RE5 had ALL the content that RE5:GE has on the disc, but they had locked it out. It's fucking bullshit.
    I'd imagine it's the same for all these UMvC3 discs they've done, though I've never played them to know...

I'm dreading RE 6, because I wanted it pre-order, but I KNOW that there will be some sort of 'gold edition' bullshit for this too!
    fuck you capcom.
    I don't really have a problem with GotY editions that come out a year or so later, but milking the fighting games has to stop.

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Go Blue Jackets!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsheale View Post
    lol, how many street fighter games are there?
    This has nothing to do with SF, it's UMvC3..

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    Street Fighter
    Street Fighter II
    Super Street Fighter II
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo Championship Edition
    Street Fighter Alpha
    Street Fighter EX
    Street Fighter III
    Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
    Street Fighter x Tekken
    Tekken x Street Fighter (The diffrence between this one and the one above it is street fighter x tekken is made by capcom while tekken x street fighter is made by namco)
    Don't forget
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
    Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha

I'm very reluctant to buy Street Fighter games now, because I bought Street Fighter IV a couple months after it came out, and as soon as I got it they announced Super Street Fighter IV. They promised to make it up to the people who bought the standard version, but so far nothing. They could have at least given us the option to download those extra characters and challenges.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Seth Killian already posted on twitter this was a photoshopped pic and if it ain't it will only be $15 for 8 new chars.I am taking a wait and see approach with this game just cause it may or may not come out and as far as a super punch a moon in the face hyper dynamic cooking time edition sf x tekken game it ain't going to happen it is a one game deal so all we have to do is wait the 6 months then buy the dlc if we want.The only thing i want to hear from capcom at e3 is a hd collection for onimusha and a hd collection for mega man legends oh and Nemesis mode for Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city as well to come out for the ps3 then i will gladly accept capcom peace offering if not then we burn it to the ground yo (Nerd Rage Mode activated) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm hesitant to get SF X Tekken because of this trend, I feel as if they'll add 8 new fighters and call it a sequel.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 7 - Gold

When it comes to the Vs series, the more the better. As long as Megaman X isn't in, Doom will be content. However this isn't the sad thing about Capcom. No one mention the fact that there's 12 on disc characters that will be released as DLC in Street Fighter X Tekken, though I've personally only seen Dudley, Elena, Alysa and Christie so I'm not sure about the other 8.

Despite all this, Capcom shall get my Bison Bucks. God bless you greedy little hearts Capcom, Doom loves ya.

Btw apparently this will be released as both a $15 DLC much like SSF4 Arcade Edition and as a disc much like Arcade Edition. Again word is that they're going to do the same with Street Fighter X Tekken by releasing those 12 characters that are already on disc. Doom loves ya Capcom, never change.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LAWLZilla View Post
    This has nothing to do with SF, it's UMvC3..
    .... It has everything to do with SF. Who do you think created SF and where the whole VS. thing came from? Lol
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    .... It has everything to do with SF. Who do you think created SF and where the whole VS. thing came from? Lol
    it obviously came from marvel

Just marking this down as a joke because some people can't take jokes from me

Monica Rial #1 Fan

Street Fighter
    Street Fighter II
    Super Street Fighter II
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo Championship Edition
    Street Fighter Alpha
    Street Fighter EX
    Street Fighter III
    Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
    Street Fighter x Tekken
    Tekken x Street Fighter (The diffrence between this one and the one above it is street fighter x tekken is made by capcom while tekken x street fighter is made by namco)

So it seems that no one, including you, mentioned arguably the "greatest" Street Fighter game ever.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    If people are sick of seeing a million Street Fighters then people should stop buying them. Can't blame Capcom for giving the masses a product they want. They wouldn't put it out if it was not going to sell.
    That goes for everything that game companies do that people claim they hate, but still throw their money away for it.

Things such as DLC that is programmed into the disc but you must pay extra for to play, getting the same game every year with minor changes each year, buying a game then being told to even play it you have to pay a monthly fee.

These things exist because people are telling the companies that it's what they want by giving their money away. You want these things to stop? STOP GIVING THE COMPANIES THAT DO THESE THINGS YOUR MONEY!

PRO Member

Source - How Capcom Hope To Become #1 By The Year 2022 | Siliconera

By 2022, Capcom’s Chairman and CEO, Kenzo Tsujimoto, aims to turn the company into the world’s #1 provider of digital content. 2022 is a decade away, and while ten years is a long time, Capcom already have short-term goals they’d like to accomplish in order to build up to this long-term objective.We’ve summarized these goals before. They boil down to:
    • Shortening the development times for games.
    • Consistently releasing sequels while releasing brand new titles as well.
    • Increasing development staff.
    • More social/online games for mobile and PC.
    • Release DLC (downloadable content) to give console games a longer lifespan.
    In a statement to investors, chairman Tsujimoto expounded upon each of these goals in a little more detail. Here’s a quick understanding of what each one involves, just to give you a better idea of what Capcom’s management have in mind.Shortening development times: Capcom hope to reduce development times from the usual 3-4 years to only 2.5 years. Speeding up development times will increase the cost of development, but Capcom believe that creating quality content quickly is vital to their ability to remain competitive.Consistent sequels while creating brand new games: Shortening development times will mean that games in popular brands will see more frequent releases, but Capcom also say they intend to keep releasing brand new games. While brand new titles with low awareness are unlikely to be a hit the first time around, Capcom say they will keep investing in new games and develop them into new sources of earnings.Increasing development staff: Over the next decade, Capcom plan to hire about 1,000 employees, adding over 100 developers every year. This is because advances in technology and platforms will demand increased development staff that are trained to keep up. Capcom plan to hire and train their own talent internally, and nurture the next generation of creators.More social/online games for mobile and PC: Capcom expect that the market for mobile content will double between 2012 and 2016, and that the PC online games market will increase by 126% during the same time. Thus, they will invest heavily in both these areas to take advantage of the market.DLC for traditional games: Unlike mobile and PC online, Capcom don’t expect to see an increase in the realm of packaged software. However, they do expect growth of about 26% in the packaged software category after factoring in DLC sales. In fiscal year 2011, Capcom made 2.8 billion yen ($35 million) in DLC sales. For fiscal year 2012, they expect to increase this number to 3.5 billion yen ($43.8 million).For the ongoing fiscal year (FY2012), Capcom hope to reach 105 billion yen ($1.3 billion) in net sales for the first time, and expect to see record high figures for all income categories, owing to a strong slate of upcoming titles such as Resident Evil 6,DmC Devil May Cry and the recently released Dragon’s Dogma.
    Looks like I was right about Boycott $ashcom.

That Southern B****

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisthemp View Post
    Source - How Capcom Hope To Become #1 By The Year 2022 | Siliconera

Looks like I was right about Boycott $ashcom.
    First off, a shocked wow. Capcom is full of themselves.

Capcom hope to reduce development times from the usual 3-4 years to only 2.5 years. Speeding up development times will increase the cost of development, but Capcom believe that creating quality content quickly is vital to their ability to remain competitive.
    Shortening development times means crappier games. I would rather wait on a game that has been fully tested and well developed then buy one they rushed to the shelves. Quality vs Quantity, duh.

Over the next decade, Capcom plan to hire about 1,000 employees, adding over 100 developers every year. This is because advances in technology and platforms will demand increased development staff that are trained to keep up. Capcom plan to hire and train their own talent internally, and nurture the next generation of creators
    Considering what ya'll have done to both the DMC and RE series, I'm hoping that those new brains ya'll plan on hiring have the intelligence to save your butts. And maybe, just maybe, the newbies will LISTEN when the fans say REAL ZOMBIES ARE INCAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND HIGHER FUNCTIONS! *clears throat* Sorry bout that.

Unlike mobile and PC online, Capcom don’t expect to see an increase in the realm of packaged software.
    This, this kills me with laughter. The future may be digital but packaged still is big money. I'm sure it will continue to be big money because there will always be places that have no access to the digital world.
    Last edited by Coug; 05-24-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: minor corrections
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Seriusly whow th fuck will expend another $ in the same game plus 1 Dlc every 3 months?

Capcom should burn in hell, DLC is an idea that compańys like Rockstar are doind it well (look that GTAIV Dlcs) but the rest is just give me some money
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eruyome View Post
    Seriusly whow th fuck will expend another $ in the same game plus 1 Dlc every 3 months?
    You give Capcom to must credit.

Today are 3 DLC useless Day one DLC.

Lvl 9 - Gold

this isn't funny anymore
    Ehm..............I think this was up for some months ago............yeah.............................we saw it coming.........but........your point.......we get it.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

The Deathly Rhythm

I forgot about this thread, Street fighter X Tekken is the last Capcom fighting game i'm getting from them, there getting worse than Activi$ion
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Coug View Post
    Considering what ya'll have done to both the DMC and RE series, I'm hoping that those new brains ya'll plan on hiring have the intelligence to save your butts. And maybe, just maybe, the newbies will LISTEN when the fans say REAL ZOMBIES ARE INCAPABLE OF THOUGHT AND HIGHER FUNCTIONS! *clears throat* Sorry bout that.
    Depends on the zombieverse. Even Romero had zombies that could fire guns and get limited human intelligence back...aka Land of the Dead.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast