Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Metal Gear Rising is crap

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising is crap within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Denaratuck They've now made it so that Raiden can toss around Metal Gears? I mean he was ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    They've now made it so that Raiden can toss around Metal Gears? I mean he was always pretty tough due to his cybernetic enhancements, but this is just too much now. I bet the next game will be Raiden versus Asura from Asuara's Wrath.
    Yo...Asura's wrath would be too much for Raiden to handle.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Buy my book, Alteration

And yet it's your kind that'll pre-order the CE.

Seriously though, why bash a game that's only had one trailer? Maybe the end-product is a masterpiece of storytelling, gameplay, and everything, but you'll be too busy sitting on your couch with a bag of low-fat Cheetos watching trailers on your laptop to add games to your hit-list of "what to not-get" to play it, all because you judged it by one trailer like a year before release.

Besides, trailers are just showcases, not actual products. There's a chance some of the content won't even make it in the final thing given it's this early-on. Trailers are a glimpse, not an immersion.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Vive La Révelation!

How about you wait until the game is released before you make a thread called “Metal Gear Rising is crap” :stare:
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Lvl 7 - Gold

how can you call a game rubbish just from a short trailer there where games that looked fabulous in the trailer and were rubbish and vice versa, and most of the things you said it seems you never played metal gear as you didn't know who they were. let the game come out than we can judge it

Lvl 9 - Gold

I agree and disagree with you.
    Yeah, for a Metal Gear game it looks weird.
    Yeah, I doubt it'll do justice to the series.
    Yeah, I wonder what were they thinking.

BUT...
    If you judge a game based from where it came and not from what it is you're surely gonna miss out on the fun and make a bad move. Same with FFXIII, people love to judge it because "it doesn't live up to the FF standards" and end up missing on a great, fun, innovative JRPG. Rising looks weird, yeah, but also fun as hell. The mechanics are quite nice, and I do love me some sword-slashing-action every once in a while. Plus you get nice graphics, a great soundtrack and I'm sure the controls are gonna be top notch as well.

Of course my opinion on the game is based off the trailers and demonstrations, but so is yours, so nobody can be right as of today.
    I am getting the game, but I respect your opinion as well. If you don't wanna play it, I don't really care. It's your loss, my friend.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

O.K. first off you cannot just hate a game that you have seen one trailer of. That is like judging a resturaunt based on a commercial you sawa for them. Also you realize that this "sociopathic cyborg creature" is actually one of the most important characters in the series, Raiden. In MGS4 he got all cyborgy and could do stuff like chopping people up. In MGS4 he was chopping up these giant robots and fighting people without any arms after he cut off his own to save Snake.

I am sorry I know it just sounds like I am trying to be the devil's advocate here, but there is a reason it is called Metal Gear Rising and not Metal Gear Solid. It is a spinoff. It is not suppoed to be like the rest of the games at all. You also said that the game is shit. You realise that PLatinum Games is developing this game and they are a highly respected developer. You may be familiar with a few of their games like Bayonetta and Vanquish. They have a history of over the top games which is what the Metal Gear plotline sorta already is.

Another thing I do not lik that you said is that this is a reboot of the Metal Gear franchise. You do realize that MGS4 came out in 2008. When the trailer says reboot it means a reboot of the original Metal Gear Soid Rising. A few years ago, Kojima Productions announced a new Metal Gear Game exclusively on Xbox called Metal Gear Solid Rising, and it was going to show how Raiden became all cyborgy. Then they realizes that th project was going nowhere so Kojima handed it over the Platinum Games and now the game is set after MGS4 to put more freedom in Platinum Games hand's.

The last thing is that you said the gameplay looks repetive..... This bugs me because if you look at any other "hack n' slash" type of game like God of War that gameplay can be repetive, but it never gets boring. So I do not understand how this would boring either seeing that they are practically the same except you have a sword and can slow down time and cop people up. I personally loved the part where Raiden through the Metal Gear Ray into the air. It really shows Raiden's badass side.

Now based on your thoughts it is clear that you may have not of ever played a Metal Gear game before so that is fine. To a person like me who ha played nearly every single one and loves the series and Raiden, I cannot wait for Metal Gear Rising. It is being made by a great team and will hopefully make the pplot more crazy than it already is.

Sig by Bladia

Retired Staff Member

Have you played it?

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Don't play it. Lols.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Opinions based from a trailer - Fantastic.

The game could be quite great regardless even if it has the Metal Gear name on it, and not true to the Metal Gear series.
    It does however not look as amazing as the original MGSolid Rising was.

INTJ

i like stating the obvious too

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    It does however not look as amazing as the original MGSolid Rising was.
    A game like that sounds impossible at this time, unless it would be under development for the PC (and had insanely high requirements).

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    i like stating the obvious too
    That's not as good as stating the obvious about old news though

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Dear Christmas! This dross again?
    Reading that insightful, mature well thought out critique i came to a remarkable conclusion.I want to punch you in the empty space reserved for your nuts. you are wrong on so many levels i'm having trouble understanding where to start so i will decline and allow others to do so.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    OP idiot? what does this mean? OP is an idiot?
    Like I say OP is an IMBECILE, IDIOT, BRAIN DEAD need elaborate more???!!!

You weak azz niggs

The title of this thread should be 'This Thread is Crap.' Where in the hell are these n00bs coming from now

The One and Only

Wait, the game's out already?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    The title of this thread should be 'This Thread is Crap.' Where in the hell are these n00bs coming from now
    Probably the same place the Big N00b Wave of 2010 did .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    And making the main character a sociopathic cyborg creature? I don't like it.

4 slashes it takes for the cyborg to kill a simple goon. It looks repetitive and i think this game would bore most people in the first 15 minutes.

I can't stand the part where a huge monster thing swings its giant arm at the cyborg and the cyborg manages to grab the arm and flip the entire monster over and continue to beat the shit out of it. That part is complete bullshit and is just ridiculous.

This game is overall stupid and shouldn't be under the Metal Gear name, if i was at least in charge of naming, i would have called it shit and threw it in the bin.
    How can you possibly hate so much on a game where you don't even know the name of the lead character?

Clearly you haven't played MGS4 either, otherwise you'd know there's an excellent scene in that game where Raiden (the cyborg ) does indeed beat the shit out of not just one, but 4 or 5 Metal Gears (huge monster things ), so his doing so in this trailer is actually nothing new.

You're being far too judgemental, given that the game has yet to be released. Come back once you've actually played it and are therefore in a sound position to actually criticise it...

Lvl 7 - Gold

My dinner I'm not eating until tomorrow tastes terrible!

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

judging a game before even playing it is a pretty dumb thing to do, i've seen alot of people see LBP for the first time and say "what's this shit" then they play it and eat their words.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast