Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Metal Gear Rising is crap

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising is crap within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by StewartBros Clearly you haven't played MGS4 either, otherwise you'd know there's an excellent scene in that game ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by StewartBros View Post
    Clearly you haven't played MGS4 either, otherwise you'd know there's an excellent scene in that game where Raiden (the cyborg ) does indeed beat the shit out of not just one, but 4 or 5 Metal Gears (huge monster things ), so his doing so in this trailer is actually nothing new.
    I recall him beating the crap out of many Gekkos and stopping Outer Heaven from crushing Snake, but I don't recall him fighting Metal Gears .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post

Okay so i don't know where to start, the fact that they have rebooted
    I stopped reading right there. If he knew his shit, he would know this is not a reboot.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Clearly you haven't played MGS4 either, otherwise you'd know there's an excellent scene in that game where Raiden (the cyborg ) does indeed beat the shit out of not just one, but 4 or 5 Metal Gears (huge monster things ), so his doing so in this trailer is actually nothing new.
    Raiden fights Gekko, not Metal Gears.

Honestly, the scene where he does flip over the Metal Gear is a bit over the top, he barely survived a one on one encounter with a Metal Gear in MGS4 so there best be a reason for this sudden change of ability in him now.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    Raiden fights Gekko, not Metal Gears.

Honestly, the scene where he does flip over the Metal Gear is a bit over the top, he barely survived a one on one encounter with a Metal Gear in MGS4 so there best be a reason for this sudden change of ability in him now.
    Well, he kind of stopped Outer Heaven on it's tracks, so it isn't that far-fetched lol.

Toggle Spoiler

My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Well, he kind of stopped Outer Heaven on it's tracks, so it isn't that far-fetched lol.
    And let us not forget

Toggle Spoiler

Considering this is set in the future, after MGS4, it's safe to assume that the technology behind said cybernetic enhancements is more than advanced enough for him to be able to lift a Ray.

Obviously OP has likely never played a Metal Gear title - otherwise he wouldn't be ragging on "outlandish" things happening in the trailer - the damn series is full of things like that.

And Gekko's or not, they were still, what, at least 3 times his size? And he swung them around - with his feet - like they were nothing.

It's really not that hard to believe he could pick up a Ray unit and flip it over. This is also, after all, the guy who single handedly

Toggle Spoiler

I'm also wondering just how many people in this thread actually watched the video they released a few months ago, explaining why the game took this turn? They tried to do a stealth game - they tried for ages - but it just would never come out right. Nothing they were doing seemed to really work.

It got to the point where they were actually going to cancel the entire game. Instead, they decided to give it a more action approach, and they turned to Platinum to handle the gameplay aspects. The game is still being written and worked on by KojPro as well - it's not a fully Platinum Games job.

I say - quit bellyaching about it for 5 minutes and actually give them a chance to get the game out there. Quit acting like there's no room in the series to expand to another genre - the series has gone from Isometric Stealth, to 3rd Person Shooter-Stealth, to Handheld Card Battle, to frikkin' tabletop RISK.

They do a game in the series with a character who, frankly, would benefit greatly from a more action-based title than stealth, and people freak out and start crying foul before even giving it a chance :/

The only thing I dislike so far, other than the fact that I hope the story, like Silent Assassin, isn't canon - is that stupid "Revengeance" title.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Lvl 9 - Gold

Whoops, simple name error there - I did indeed mean Gekkos and not Metal Gears per se. But still, Gekkos bear more than a passing resemblance to Metal Gear REX (the body) and RAY (the legs), and they're sometimes thought of as being mini Metal Gears in their own right, although they're not literal Metal Gears. They're even similar in combat terms when compared to traditional MG models.

Anyway, the name I gave may have been incorrect, but the fact remains that Raiden's destruction of a robotic war machine isn't something that we haven't seen before.

Nope, nothing

On a related note, I've never actually seen this full trailer before

I'm sure the one that was originally released was shorter than this?

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

Hmm.. well maybe I would have paid more attention to your thread if you had more detail and didn't constantly use profanity, but I can see where you're coming from.

I don't know what to expect of the game, but hopefully it isn't too bad.
    It's just a flesh wound.

PRO Member

LMAO n00b. How can you judge a game that you haven't played?

Sig by - ~ Avatar by - DaRe

Zombie Killin' Business
    Are you a Professional Zombie Slayer? Join now!

Side Project
    My (incomplete) checklist, and trophy guides.

The GGA
    Sig Battles, SotW, SotM, and more!

Got a YouTube Channel?
    Post it here!

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    On a related note, I've never actually seen this full trailer before

I'm sure the one that was originally released was shorter than this?
    You sure? This is the trailer they showed at the E3 if I'm not mistaken .

Toggle Spoiler

Korean Girl Group Groupie

You're well within your right to sit here and spew forth ceaseless negative opinions about Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance but to completely disclaim the game based on it's trailer and title alone is not exactly the best way to go about it, especially when you put it forth in a way that makes you seem uninformed, and overly negative for only the sake of only being negative. To actually turn this into something constructive I will give some input and responses.

Q: Who is working on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance since Kojima and his development studio isn't involved in the day to day production of the game?

A: Platinum Games has taken over the project and is responsible for everything that the trailer currently shows. They are responsible for such games as Mad World for the Wii, Bayonetta, and Vanquish which are all fairly unique titles that borrow elements from many different genres and create experiences that albeit often times are over the top, are really fun games that deliver heavily in solid action oriented game play. Something that the game appears likely to deliver, since the game is attempting to switch over from the genre of a stealth/gun based game play into an action/sword centered game.

Q: Why is the game called Metal Gear Rising?

A: It's called Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to clarify the actual name of the title (something I am sure that you might of caught if you watched the entirety of the trailer and perhaps looked up before going on your rant). The reason it has Metal Gear in the title, partially does have to do with brand recognition, but also because the game takes place in the same universe as the other Metal Gear games, with a protagonist who was featured in a previous Metal Gear titles. The term Rising was added, because it features Raiden and not Solid Snake (hense no Solid) and probably will be explained further in the actual game, but just as a marketing view it has the same number of letters as Raiden, and starts with the same letter, and isn't as obvious as simply calling it Metal Gear Raiden: Revengeance. The term "revengeance" being a nonsensical word in, and admittedly by Kojima himself, is a combination of the words revenge and vengeance, which are defined separately mean almost the same thing, but combined give you sense that the product is going to go beyond and above the norm of delivering a superfluous experience.

Q: Why in the cut scene is Raiden cutting people in half with one shot, but in the actual game it takes multiple slashes?

A: Well, to state the obvious answer first - it's a video game and trying to apply logical real world physics, consequence, and scenarios is something that almost no single game out there delivers. It's a game, and if everything died in one hit it would be boring - and if the cut scenes involved actual in game mechanics instead of being transition points for plot development and transition they'd be included in the actual game play and wouldn't be cut scenes.
    Another possibility is perhaps Raiden being a cybernetic enhanced ninja type, is attacking so fast in the game that he is doing it for the sake of showing off - a theme that previous titles from Platinum Games have done with their action to much fanfare and acclaim.

Q: Why is Raiden able to flip over "huge monster thing" by it's "giant arm" and flip it over.

A: It's a game, you want real life action, go join a paintball league, or sign up for local college English class, and learn other nouns that are not synonyms of fecal matter that you use to the point of nauseous repetition. Many of us like our games to have (to use a term you'd probably understand) "oh shit" moments, that resonate with us like being able to lift a metal gear.

--

So to touch on some other points you stated, since the game shouldn't have the Metal Gear name and doesn't belong in the series, and looks like complete shit to you - how would you fix it, and what would you call it? If your posts contained some kind of observational criticism and possible constructive solutions, they wouldn't come off as poorly written rants, that ask ridiculous questions that Google could answer for you and instead of leading to a vast majority of the responses being on how your opinion reflects so poorly upon yourself, would lead to a healthy discussion of what our expectations, and reflections on the title are based on the trailer, and the limited information available to us at this time. Instead we're left with a random rant about a game being "crap" before anybody outside of development has even played a test build, much less the finished product.

Until then, you can stick to your angry schtick and expect to get the same turned back on you.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    You sure? This is the trailer they showed at the E3 if I'm not mistaken .
    Really? I must have completely missed it :stare:

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It sounds like you haven't played MGS2 or MGS4. How can you bitch about the game having the metal gear name when you don't even know who the character is? Raiden is pretty damn important to both those games haha

Legend...Nuff Said

After seeing the trailer that game looks pretty fun. Looks like it has the Dynasty Warriors style of game play (I love those games). I'm looking forward to this release after seeing the trailer.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 8 - Gold

As we all know, I'm a big Metal Gear fan, but even I have my doubts about this.

Stealth > HnS

Snake > Raiden

That is all.

Well he did fight tons of RAY's when he was a little fairy in MGS2... I haven't played MGS2 in years, but didn't it turn out to be one big computer sim?

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Well he did fight tons of RAY's when he was a little fairy in MGS2... I haven't played MGS2 in years, but didn't it turn out to be one big computer sim?
    No, everything happened. Every blown RAY was actually blown. The Fatman trying to blow himself up did try to blow himself up. Fortune did spend most of her on-screen time shooting a giant railgun. The giant Metal Gear did crash on Washington. Ex-president Solidus was found death right next to the capitol building. So on and so forth.

Toggle Spoiler

Banned

For anyone who says that i can't critique a game because it isn't out yet, think about it. If they can't make the trailer look any good then what hope do they actually have? Given, there is a chance but i doubt it.

Legend...Nuff Said

Trailers aren't games. A bad trailer means nothing. If your not going to play a game solely on the basis of a trailer then that person has a problem.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Trailers aren't games. A bad trailer means nothing. If your not going to play a game solely on the basis of a trailer then that person has a problem.
    I'll try it but i still don't think i will enjoy it

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    For anyone who says that i can't critique a game because it isn't out yet, think about it. If they can't make the trailer look any good then what hope do they actually have? Given, there is a chance but i doubt it.
    Then you could put.... "Metal Gear Rising TRAILER is crap" as the title. And talk purely about the trailer and nothing else

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast