Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Metal Gear Rising is crap

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising is crap within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Anyone who supported MG:R betrayed the MGS franchise....

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Anyone who supported MG:R betrayed the MGS franchise.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Du wirst geil

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    I'm sorry but I hate this kind of b.s. Who gave you the authority to discount a whole majority of gamers because of their taste in games? So what if someone supports MG:R, that's their prerogative. It's fine if you don't like it, but to say they've betrayed the MG franchise? Get off your high horse there pal.

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerces2911 View Post
    I'm sorry but I hate this kind of b.s. Who gave you the authority to discount a whole majority of gamers because of their taste in games? So what if someone supports MG:R, that's their prerogative. It's fine if you don't like it, but to say they've betrayed the MG franchise? Get off your high horse there pal.
    lol, shut your ass.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 6 - Silver

God, once again I hear about MGS and MGR as if their one...... 2 different games, 2 different gameplay styles, 2 different motherfreakers freaking 2 different timelines in the name of freedom.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

Get bent...

Personally, I think the game is crap. Borrowed it from a friend, played it on the 360 and gave it back the next day.

However, if other people like it, so be it. It's not my place or anyone else's to tell someone what games they should/shouldn't play.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ezbeon View Post
    God, once again I hear about MGS and MGR as if their one...... 2 different games, 2 different gameplay styles, 2 different motherfreakers freaking 2 different timelines in the name of freedom.
    Why do people keep using "it's a completely different series" argument when Rising is canon to the rest of the MGS saga? That's the problem people have with it. If it was non-canon you wouldn't have these complaints as people wouldn't compare it to core MGS titles.

I'm a huge MGS fan and I've yet to buy the game. Gameplay is great, judging from the demo, but it's the story that I'm not that keen on especially since Platinum was in charge of Raiden's character.

With some good games coming up I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick up Rising since money is tight right now.

Angel of Death

lol, shut your ass.
    Yay, more arrogant people who have never heard of an opinion!

Anyway, I played the game at a friend's house. I liked it, but I also beat it while I was there. I wouldn't buy it for more than $40 strictly because of length. That being said, the Plat probably takes about 30 hours, so I may get it eventually.

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Why do people keep using "it's a completely different series" argument when Rising is canon to the rest of the MGS saga? That's the problem people have with it. If it was non-canon you wouldn't have these complaints as people wouldn't compare it to core MGS titles.

I'm a huge MGS fan and I've yet to buy the game. Gameplay is great, judging from the demo, but it's the story that I'm not that keen on especially since Platinum was in charge of Raiden's character.

With some good games coming up I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick up Rising since money is tight right now.
    The story was written by Kojima Productions' Etsu Tamari - Not Platinum. Platinum was in charge of gameplay - KojPro in charge of the story. It was the KojPro team in charge of Raiden's character - Kojima wanted Gray Fox, but he wanted this game to be his team's work, without him really interfering in it - Fox would have required he be involved more heavily.

Raiden was a better choice for them - that side of the game is, and has always been, Kojima Productions.

Also, the story is canon, but it IS still another series - same way Metal Gear Solid is a different series to Metal Gear - it's a side series that continues the story.

A better example: It's like Lord of the Rings in comparison to The Hobbit - same world, same story elements, same characters and a continuation of a story, but following the path of another set of characters from within that world. Or the Silmarillion in comparison to Lord of the Rings - all side stories that take place in Middle Earth, and are related to the events of the series, but aren't about the main cast.

LotR is related to The Hobbit - but it's not "The Hobbit 2".

Rising is related to Metal Gear Solid, but it's not "Metal Gear Solid 5". It's not "Metal Gear Solid" at all, really.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Have played this game 3-4 hours and did not like it much to start with but kinda like it now , I am playing more for story than the game play , its a pretty cool story so far but the sword play IMO does get a bit old but if the story continues to be good even great , it will be a decent game
    Have finished the game now and the story turned out to be crap and so is the game , do not buy this
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

No Game No Life

Well I understand if people dislikes the game but saying that we betrayed the Metal Gear franchise because of supporting MGR, that's complete bullshit. gtfo
    Last edited by RaveNScythE18; 03-04-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    The story was written by Kojima Productions' Etsu Tamari - Not Platinum. Platinum was in charge of gameplay - KojPro in charge of the story. It was the KojPro team in charge of Raiden's character - Kojima wanted Gray Fox, but he wanted this game to be his team's work, without him really interfering in it - Fox would have required he be involved more heavily.
    I interviewed Hideo Kojima in Dubai ~ The Arab Gamer - Gaming from the Arab World

TAG: Wow sounds interesting. Can’t wait. Now this next segment is dedicated to my readers/viewers. They have some interesting questions they wanted to ask you. The first question is Metal Gear Rising related. Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 4 was sort of a family man, he was mainly fighting for Rose and his son. Yet in the latest Metal Gear Rising trailer you see him killing people relentlessly like a mad dog, what happened?

HK: [laughs] Well originally I had planned a story for Raiden. It would take place before the events of MGS 4 and would explain a lot of his story and how he became a cyborg. Then the project was taken over by Platinum Games who then became in charge of Raiden’s character. They wanted to create a story after the events of MGS 4.

TAG: Ah, so they basically made him the crazy Jack we saw in the trailer.

HK: Yea, they wanted to take that direction.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

So they hi jacked Kojima's character and did what they wanted with raiden hmmm
    now I see why the fanboys are complaining
    ill play this when it cost 20 bucks or so
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

дурак

That's fucking stupid, and you know it. I love the Metal Gear franchise, It's one of my favorites, if not my favorite. I still hold the other games in very high regard. But goddamn, the fans can be pretty childish when something that isn't EXACTLY like their beloved Metal Gear Solid games comes out. Get your head out of your ass.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 9 - Gold

I still haven't played the full game (gonna wait for a price drop as I always do), but I did play a couple hours at a friend's house and loved it. Of course I skipped all the cutscenes since I don't want spoilers, but gameplay-wise it was amazing.
    I also got the soundtrack and it's really, really good.
    I realize some people are pissed because the story is canon, but Kojima seemed well happy with the game. That's enough reason for me to buy it.

If you don't like the game, that's all fine and dandy, but people who bash on others for liking it (especially fellow Metal Gear fans) are just salty.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 1 - Bronze

metal gear rising

alright so the game is pretty fuckin awesome. Granted its kinda short, but there are VR missions that you unlock throughout the game, 20 of them. They are not very easy. The combat system is amazing. and i have played the whole franchise. Its going to be a very hard platinum to obtain. I definitely recommend playing it, and good luck.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post
    Well, well, we'll i hate to be one of those people that say 'I told you so' but this game really is shit. You people didn't take me seriously, now you've all wasted money, congratulations.

I gave a detailed analysis of this game, so it's your own faults for still buying it.

Sig and Avatar By djunglist

My Youtube interview done by KingSuperOne(subscribe)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SAMFW-gDNs

Lvl 9 - Gold

I can't hate on a game ive not played...

I won't be getting this though simply because I don't like the style of play, hack n slash. I stick to the titles with Metal Gear SOLID in the title. Next one for me will probably be Ground Zeroes

Du wirst geil

lol, shut your ass.
    Practice what you preach

Currently Boosting: Borderlands 2
    Add me with requests for boosting.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I come back on this site for 30 seconds and see this shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2BSm...eature=mh_lolz

THE LINK ABOVE IS A PILE OF SHIT, PLEASE DON'T CLICK ON IT. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Turns out Rising wasn't a bad game. Though it was more of a hack and slash type of game, I thoroughly enjoyed it as its own separate game. Besides if you weren't too happy with this being a Metal Gear game, I am sure Phantom Pain will definitely make up for it.. OCELOT!!

Sig by
    DaRe_xLw

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast