Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Metal Gear Rising is crap

This is a discussion on Metal Gear Rising is crap within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Okay so i don't know where to start, the fact that they have rebooted a very good franchise or the ...

Banned

Metal Gear Rising is crap

Okay so i don't know where to start, the fact that they have rebooted a very good franchise or the fact that it doesn't matter this is a metal gear game it still looks like pure bullshit. Okay so from what i have read Mr Kojima didn't have much to do with this, so it was obviously his staff that made this bullshit. Now I'm not arguing that because Hideo Kojima didn't make it then it must suck, No thats a stupid fanboy comment, I'm arguing that this game is crap no matter how you look at it.

Just looking at the trailer I'm already eagerly waiting for it to end. Just looking at it, what were they thinking? whats with all this slicing people in half bullshit? And making the main character a sociopathic cyborg creature? I don't like it.

Now the name Metal gear rising, what the hell is wrong with the people who named this? The name sounds like another crappy transformer movie and the font they use in the trailer looks like it as well. To me it sounds like they are trying to piggy back on the Metal Gear name and get as much $ as possible. Instead of naming it a completely different name they decide to completely ruin the former series and no doubt receive hate from people who actually like the current Metal gear games.

The fighting style in this game looks horrible. In the cutscenes they show simple slicing people first shot, then they show gameplay and it all goes to shit from there, 4 slashes it takes for the cyborg to kill a simple goon. It looks repetitive and i think this game would bore most people in the first 15 minutes.

I can't stand the part where a huge monster thing swings its giant arm at the cyborg and the cyborg manages to grab the arm and flip the entire monster over and continue to beat the shit out of it. That part is complete bullshit and is just ridiculous.

This game is overall stupid and shouldn't be under the Metal Gear name, if i was at least in charge of naming, i would have called it shit and threw it in the bin.

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

I gotta say your rants are pretty entertaining

Lvl 6 - Silver

Are there any games you DO like man?
    Few points though:

'And making the main character a sociopathic cyborg creature?'
    - That's Raiden. He's been in the series since MGS 2. Played a huge part in MGS 4... And was a cyborg ninja in that too

'
    I can't stand the part where a huge monster thing swings its giant arm at the cyborg and the cyborg manages to grab the arm and flip the entire monster over and continue to beat the shit out of it'
    - That's a Metal Gear. The main enemy in the games since the original Metal Gears, so again, kind of integral.

But I do agree with you, the game does look like it sucks. Though who knows, might be amazing when it's finally released...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Parmigiana View Post

Okay so i don't know where to start, the fact that they have rebooted a very good franchise or the fact that it doesn't matter this is a metal gear game it still looks like pure bullshit. Okay so from what i have read Mr Kojima didn't have much to do with this, so it was obviously his staff that made this bullshit. Now I'm not arguing that because Hideo Kojima didn't make it then it must suck, No thats a stupid fanboy comment, I'm arguing that this game is crap no matter how you look at it.

Just looking at the trailer I'm already eagerly waiting for it to end. Just looking at it, what were they thinking? whats with all this slicing people in half bullshit? And making the main character a sociopathic cyborg creature? I don't like it.

Now the name Metal gear rising, what the hell is wrong with the people who named this? The name sounds like another crappy transformer movie and the font they use in the trailer looks like it as well. To me it sounds like they are trying to piggy back on the Metal Gear name and get as much $ as possible. Instead of naming it a completely different name they decide to completely ruin the former series and no doubt receive hate from people who actually like the current Metal gear games.

The fighting style in this game looks horrible. In the cutscenes they show simple slicing people first shot, then they show gameplay and it all goes to shit from there, 4 slashes it takes for the cyborg to kill a simple goon. It looks repetitive and i think this game would bore most people in the first 15 minutes.

I can't stand the part where a huge monster thing swings its giant arm at the cyborg and the cyborg manages to grab the arm and flip the entire monster over and continue to beat the shit out of it. That part is complete bullshit and is just ridiculous.

This game is overall stupid and shouldn't be under the Metal Gear name, if i was at least in charge of naming, i would have called it shit and threw it in the bin.
    I don't know why you are hating on this game.. It hasn't even came out yet so I don't think you are one to judge.. come back when it's released and I may just take you seriously..

Kind regards,

someone who will appreciate Rising.

Sig by
    DaRe_xLw

NSFW

Now you're doing it again... bashing a game solely on your impression from the trailer. I know you're the angry parmigiana or something, but lighten up. Try to be positive for once, so I can see with my own eyes, that you actually have a sense fairness to your rants. The threads you've been posting is just needlessly bashing two games and a console, that hasn't come out yet, angry replies to people, that disagrees with you and bashing a console which I bet you don't even own or have ever tried. None of the threads have had any valid points EVER!!! You just angrily bash things you don't now anything about and expect us to care. I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I don't think the message has come through your head yet. Not the message I've said, not the message anybody has said. You just put on your blinds and pretending we love you.... you are a sad person.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

PRO Member

what is it with some of the new people we have joining the forum these days where the hell are they comming from..the gutter cause thats what I think about your rant pal it's rubbish..until a game is released and actually been played like keldog stated shut your mouth and think of other ways to welcome yourself to the forum cause so far people think your a jerk.

Change is mediocre

Again with the "This game sucks bro but I have yet to actually pick up and play it because it isn't out yet" posts. Would you really, really appreciate the game if it were a blatant rip off from past games that actually did add nothing to the franchise other than the new game? If it were just the first game that got re-released outside of the collection? This is, wait for it, something new and different than the rest of the series. Honestly, it is better if developers do this and actually advance a franchise instead of milking the regular style of Metal Gear Solid.

I don't know how you can base your entire judgement on a trailer, that's a bad thing you know. Look at Dead Island's trailer. It had nothing to do with the real game and generally people bought because of the trailer, but when they played it some didn't like it, and some loved it. Your judgement and rant is invalid.

Lvl 8 - Gold

As much as this guy hates on a lot of things I kind of agree on this MGR thing. The first trailer they showed for Rising was really promising. Kojima said the game's going to include stealth and that the player will be able to chose how to play. He called the new stealth "hunter stealth", meaning the player actively seeks out targets instead of just trying to sneak by.

Then they completely revamp the game and go in a completely new direction. No stealth, just pure action. They even set the game AFTER MGS4 to give the new team room to work with when it comes to storyline.

If this game was not canon I would not have a problem with it. It looks like it will be a fun game to play, like the AC!D series. Making it canon (which I hope will turn out not to be true) changes the view people have of the series. Pretty soon you'll have people wanting more action and MGS won't be what it always was, a stealth action series.

So in conclusion, I think the game looks fun, I just don't want it to be canon.

And yeah, that "big robot" thing is called a Metal Gear Ray.

Legend...Nuff Said

Metal Gear: Return of the Troll

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Nope, nothing

*I think Metal Gear Rising will be crap

There you go, that's what your thread title should be

Crocodile Hunter

@ Gyrocop and DS.....

Sig by Apokolypz

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    what is it with some of the new people we have joining the forum these days where the hell are they comming from..the gutter cause thats what I think about your rant pal it's rubbish..until a game is released and actually been played like keldog stated shut your mouth and think of other ways to welcome yourself to the forum cause so far people think your a jerk.
    /thread lol

LLWS 2010|The Price is Right : Decades|Trine 2|Rock Band 2|Monopoly Streets|Assassins Creed 2|NFS Shift|Family Game Night & 3|Dante's Inferno|Sonic Generations|Madden 10&11|Little Big Planet|Arkham Asylum|Toy Story 3|Heavy Rain|Infamous| Fallout 3|Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands|GoW 1,2,3 & Origins Collection|Borderlands|CoD [email protected]|Mw2|Sly 1&2|Sonic's Genesis Collection|Jak: Precursor Legacy

Lvl 9 - Gold

I don't get why set it after MGS4 because I'm sure at the end of MGS4 Raiden stopped being a Cyborg. It would be more sense to set it inbetween MGS2 and 4 and find out how Raiden became a Cyborg. There's a big plot hole inbetween them games that should be filled.

Lvl 7 - Gold

So you're making this judgement based off the trailer alone? At least wait until the game is released before you talk all this shit about it. The name of the game is stupid, I'll give you that.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

PRO Member

OP idiot. It does look kind of lame tho and I'm a big MGS fan.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dividsmythe View Post
    OP idiot. It does look kind of lame tho and I'm a big MGS fan.
    OP idiot? what does this mean? OP is an idiot? OP what idiot? i think more people would take more notice of you if you actually made sense in your posts

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by parkerdip View Post
    I don't get why set it after MGS4 because I'm sure at the end of MGS4 Raiden stopped being a Cyborg. It would be more sense to set it inbetween MGS2 and 4 and find out how Raiden became a Cyborg. There's a big plot hole inbetween them games that should be filled.
    And that's one of the reasons that makes me believe this game won't be canon, which I like. Otherwise everything that happened to Raiden in MGS4 will be retconed.

Check Those Corners

OP idiot? what does this mean? OP is an idiot? OP what idiot? i think more people would take more notice of you if you actually made sense in your posts
    Whoa, you just said his post's dont make sense? All yours are are hating on games and consoles with no actual points in them. If you don't like the game, dont sit their saying how it is crap after you saw the *TRAILER*. Also, I nearly guarantee people like him WAY more than they like you.

The Bushiest Pig

Wow I guess you are the idiot. OP means Original Post so he's saying "The original post is an idiot".

Also, youre acting like what your saying is true but you only saw the TRAILER. You can't make a solid opinion based on it. He'll it's not even being fair to yourself, the game or the developers.

EDIT: Also, I bet if there is a game you're looking forward to and I said it sucks (of course based on the trailers like you do), you'd get mad.
    Last edited by Bushpig94; 03-11-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Platinum Procrastinator

While I don't feel the need to create a thread to bash an unreleased game, I do have to agree with the OP about how stupid the trailer makes the game look. Like Silent Assassin mentioned, the first trailer they released made the game look promising. Then they went back and changed the direction of the game and instead went for over the top action which I think looks ridiculous.

They've now made it so that Raiden can toss around Metal Gears? I mean he was always pretty tough due to his cybernetic enhancements, but this is just too much now. I bet the next game will be Raiden versus Asura from Asuara's Wrath.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast