can i connect ps3 slim to this moniter? please answer

This is a discussion on can i connect ps3 slim to this moniter? please answer within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; will my ps3 work if connected to a monitor (acer G205H limited Olympic edition it has a vga port a ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

can i connect ps3 slim to this moniter? please answer

will my ps3 work if connected to a monitor (acer G205H limited Olympic edition it has a vga port a dvi-d port audio-in port has built in speakers and of course a ac-port) with a hdmi to dvi cable my monitor is hdcp compatible anyone tried i already know that it does not carry sound but i already know how to connect sound so do not bother telling me about sound i already ordered the cable but just wanna know what to expect if anyone has tried it please tell me what happened and do not hesitate to leave your thoughts or suggestions here i don't care about the resolution too much the picture should just come properly on the monitor as long as it is at least 480p also add me on psn i have only a few friends psn:kratosssj411 thanks in advance please answer help appreciated.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Did you ever hear to put a point behind every sentence?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

AVGA computer monitor is a type of monitor that connects to a PC using a VGA cable. The Sony PlayStation 3 does not natively support connection to this type of monitor. However, you can purchase a VGA adapter and connect your PS3 to your monitor using either of the two types of video cables that particular console supports. Those cable types are HDMI cables and component video cables
    Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.
    playstation 3 controller

PRO Member

If it has an DVI port you can connect via a dvi to hdmi cable, I am currently using that as part of my setup of having my PS3 and PC to a single monitor that I can switch back and forth to when I need it.

Lvl 7 - Gold

you can as mentioned you will need a dvi to hdmi cable
    then for your sound you want to use the standard audio cable from ps3 and put that into an adapter connecting to your pc speakers