Really Good Girl Gamers

This is a discussion on Really Good Girl Gamers within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I posted the following story in the PPS group. I'm a very active member in the group and post there ...

MK Plat = Overrated

Really Good Girl Gamers

I posted the following story in the PPS group. I'm a very active member in the group and post there a lot. I thought maybe this story should be shared publicly to get any input on what everybody else thinks of it. At the very least, it's a story that some might find entertaining to read. Keep in mind that some of what I say pertains to those in the group that are familiar with my forum antics. Enjoy!

Tell me what you guys think of this. Most of you know I have been boosting the hell out of Riddick for the last eight days. I found this really good boosting partner. Not only are they good at boosting but, really damn good at FPS. I mean really good. Godly good. When we decide we are bored with boosting, and there are real games going on, they are first place EVERY time. Not only first place but usually they come out more than double the kills as second place. Yea, that good.

That being said, I'm a chatter box (go figure). We do the chat room invite thing through the PSN XMB thing. When I spend all of my gaming time and chatter as much as I do with one person, I get to know them. I was lead to believe that this person was a guy. I suppose I never really came out and asked what gender, however, this person intentionally lead me to believe that they were male. Last night I found out that this is not the case.

This came up because we have another booster that is with us that I know for a fact is male. So we chat like guys do. We both assumed that the godly one was male so we never censored our conversations. Out of the blue, the godly one says, "what would you guys think if I said I was a girl?" Both of our heads spun. Talking like guys for over a week in front of a girl. And, oh boy, let me tell ya, both me and the other guy are very vulgar. Very, very, very vulgar. Very...very...very.

Now I don't really care about playing with a girl. Also, I get why she intentionally kept it from us. I'm sure there are plenty of guys that would turn a perfectly good gaming relationship into a creep-a-thon. So yea, I get it. In the end, once we picked up our balls off the floor, we both agreed that we don't really give a shit and that it wasn't important. In fact, I think we both respected her even that much more. I mean, how many girls are in THIS group? I have no clue. How many girls are THAT good at any type of game? I'm sure there are plenty of girl gamers out there but, how many of them are godly at what they do? Not many would be my guess.

I suppose what I'm trying to get at here is, what do you guys think of this? Also, if there are any girls in here, and you feel like coming out in the open, please share your thoughts.

And guys, I swear to all that is humanity, I don't want to see any, "Oh she's probably fat." Or, "she's probably homely." Or any dumb shit like that. Let's be mature about this.

Game on....

I am not intrested in the gender of other players when playing online.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    Timeless, I believe you missed the point.

PRO Member

I don't see what's so shocking. I didn't think you had to be a guy to be good at video games... or anything else. Best pool player I've ever met was female. lol

WHO DAT!!!!

who cares if they are a girl; as long as they dont suck at games, they are good in my book and can play on my team

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    This^^

Boy or girl, man or woman give me you best!
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

MK Plat = Overrated

Is it just me? Was the story THAT boring that you didn't read through the whole thing? Or are comprehension levels here just that shallow? I could have swore that a girl being good at games was only half of this now pointless thread. I suppose the only person who learned anything here was myself. Got it.

MK Plat = Overrated

That got really annoying fast.