Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia teased for HD remake.

This is a discussion on Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia teased for HD remake. within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Sega teases Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia HD - Gematsu “Yes, definitely, but I can tell you what it’s going to ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia teased for HD remake.

Sega teases Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia HD - Gematsu

“Yes, definitely, but I can tell you what it’s going to be – it’s going to be Shenmue. And, well, Skies of Arcadia, as well.
    “Those are a couple of our most requested games. I can’t say ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ but wemay be working on them,” he teased.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

(with vita support on top)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

oooh! I have always wanted to play Skies of Arcadia, maybe this will give me my chance!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Never got into Shenmue that much but Skies was a brilliant game and I'd LOVE to see get the HD treatment so +1 on the PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEAESE PLEASE!!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    Never got into Shenmue that much but Skies was a brilliant game and I'd LOVE to see get the HD treatment so +1 on the PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEAESE PLEASE!!
    I never got the chance to play Shenmue, but after playing plenty of Yakuza and seeing plenty of Shenmue let's plays, I know it's my kind of game, so I'm hoping this is true so I can get my chance to play it :3

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'd like to see a Shenmue HD remake just because of the countless amount of people I've heard say how great it is.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 9 - Gold

With Jet Set Radio HD confirmed this only makes it sweeter. If they throw in Power Stone as well I'm gonna be the happiest dude ever.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

INTJ

never played shemune

guess this is the time to start

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

You mean i can have Sonic 1 and 2, Streets Of Rage 2, Golden Axe,Sega Bass Fishing, Daytona Usa, Jet Set Radio and!!!!! Shenmue AND SKIES OF FRIKKING ARCADIA ON THE SAME FRIKKING SYSTEM?????

I want it to happen so very very badly i almost feel ashamed to be this excited about a pair of decade plus old games, then again, i did so for MGS 2 in HD.

Kiwi Defender

Fuck yes! Now I only have to wonder whether it'll be an "HD remake" of the original Skies of Arcadia or of the GameCube port . I'll also take advantage of this and play Shenmue for the first time .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSonofvenom View Post
    You mean i can have Sonic 1 and 2, Streets Of Rage 2, Golden Axe,Sega Bass Fishing, Daytona Usa, Jet Set Radio and!!!!! Shenmue AND SKIES OF FRIKKING ARCADIA ON THE SAME FRIKKING SYSTEM?????

I want it to happen so very very badly i almost feel ashamed to be this excited about a pair of decade plus old games, then again, i did so for MGS 2 in HD.
    I'm hoping they bring archive dreamcast games to the Vita, that would be godly. And whilst they're at it, those Mega Drive games would fit beautifully on my Vita too Sega!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sega. Take my money. Just take it.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

I really hope Skies of Arcadia does well, it's an extremely underrated game.

I would love to see Sega get back into the business of making RPGs for consoles, and hopefully with sales and a positive enough reception a green light will go off, and they'll fill in a few more quality titles to a genre that has been extremely underwhelming for it's fans.

Betweens Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star IV, and Valkyria Chronicles, Sega has delivered in most major generations in delivering some of my most treasured gaming experiences of all time. It's good to hear that with this inclusion, people will have access to all three of those titles on this console.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

oh if this is a tease that is a lie by sega then this aint funny perhaps the rerelease of hd versions of shenmue 1 and 2 could finally get sega to give us shenmue 3...as a die hard shenmue yakuza fan I pray this maybe so.

Lvl 8 - Gold

It would be nice if they also remade Shenmue II. If enough people like it then they should make a III and finish the story!

Quote Originally Posted by drjackel666 View Post
    oh if this is a tease that is a lie by sega then this aint funny perhaps the rerelease of hd versions of shenmue 1 and 2 could finally get sega to give us shenmue 3...as a die hard shenmue yakuza fan I pray this maybe so.
    Damn 11 year old cliffhangers

Monica Rial #1 Fan

This news sounds....

INTJ

i hope this starts up a shemune 3 if i like the series.

too bad the plot is already leaked:

Lvl 7 - Gold

Are you guys sailors?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

After playing and completing the Dreamcast version I am dying to play it again and if it is HD and Trophy support than bonus. I am really glad Sega is releasing all there classic games again. I still have my Dreamcast but lazy me not wanting to hook it up would rather just turn on my PS3.

Monica Rial #1 Fan

God I love Shenmue. I even bought the Japanese version of the game, with my modded DC, and while I never finished that version it was interesting to see some of the differences. For example, in the Japanese version the soda machines dispense Coca Cola, while the U.S. version dispensed some phony brand.

Part 2 I bought the PAL version of, again my modded DC, and played that. Also picked up part 2 on the Xbox.

Of course Shenmue was originally supposed to be released on the Sega Saturn, and if you don't believe that, then check this out...

PRO Member

would like them both on ps3. I still own skies of arcadia on both dreamcast and gamecube.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast