Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Publishers Turn down Old-school tactical shooter Game because "Console gamers are too dumb"

This is a discussion on Publishers Turn down Old-school tactical shooter Game because "Console gamers are too dumb" within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I always love when publishers show their ignorance. As if the relative or implied intelligence of console gamers has anything ...

PRO Member

I always love when publishers show their ignorance. As if the relative or implied intelligence of console gamers has anything to do with whether or not a game will catch on...

I also love how people are now turning this into something that has merit.

You should support the kickstarter if you think its a good idea, if you actually believe any of this garbage or believe in a true difference between PC and console gamer's intelligence, get yourself sterilized now because you should not be procreating that stupidity.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Quartercircle Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalick View Post
    They're right; the majority of gamers are dumb. Look at the Call of Duty crowd. It's overrun with people that prove that correct.
    I'll have to agree with this. I'm not saying everyone who plays CoD is dumb. But I honestly beleive that the majority are. I think the communities in CoD and other big FPSs have given console gamers a 'bad name', so to speak.

But as Gauss just said, I don't think PC gamers are more intelligent, or better than console gamers. What I do think, is that people playing on the PC are sometimes more mature than players on consoles ie. there are probably more kids playing CoD on an Xbox/PS3 than on PC.

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

Lvl 7 - Gold

How do you explain all the Socom diehard gamers????
    You cannot generalize all the console gamers. Yeah most of them play non tactic shooters, but there are always people who like tactical shooters.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    I'll have to agree with this. I'm not saying everyone who plays CoD is dumb. But I honestly beleive that the majority are. I think the communities in CoD and other big FPSs have given console gamers a 'bad name', so to speak.

But as Gauss just said, I don't think PC gamers are more intelligent, or better than console gamers. What I do think, is that people playing on the PC are sometimes more mature than players on consoles ie. there are probably more kids playing CoD on an Xbox/PS3 than on PC.
    Agreed. You conveyed my sentiment a little better than I did.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    SWAT, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, I miss those games.
    i was never a fan of Ghost Recon myself, it was a bit too realistic for my liking, games are meant to be fun and not take themselves too seriously, i hate over complicated games and its not like i'm stupid i just can't be bothered with them.

Like Ryan said they would be better relasing things like that on PC.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just bumping this because I hope it gets made lol...

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Believe me, I know what trolling means. I do it every once in a while to make people mad on purpose.

I agree with you. The statement has some credibility sure, but it doesn't mean the statement is 100% true, thus making that generalization not only offensive, but like you said, dumb as shit. I'm perfectly fine with him making it a PC-only game and respect whatever reason he has, but some things just shouldn't be said, or typed in public for millions to hear/read and get offended to.
    Uh I think you misread it, that is what the game publishers are saying, not him...

Check Those Corners

I buy and play all the Call of Duty's (WHICH I LOVE), but I agree, people do buy games if they have the franchises title on it.

INTJ

They made a new video involving the kickstarter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12