Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What's a "Good" Platinum Count?

This is a discussion on What's a "Good" Platinum Count? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Like some others have said... Quality is greater than Quantity. I personally would rather have a few hard time consuming ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Like some others have said... Quality is greater than Quantity. I personally would rather have a few hard time consuming plats or if it's easy then it has to be a really good game (e.g Assassin's Creed II) than loads of easy ones from bad games. Kiddie plats are not necessarily bad if your collection is not filled with them or you have a good reason like you may have a son/daughter who likes to play these games and uses the same account so you got the trophies. And some of them appeal to adults too like Toy Story.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I agree with Kerwan and Parkerdip. Difficult plats are always more impressive than a large number of easy plats. But then a mix of both is impressive as well. Personally I don't really have a specific number of plats I'm shooting for. My real goal is to have the majority of the truly prestigious plats plats out there (SSF4, KOF13, WKC1 & 2, Vanquish, SO:TLO, and maybe someday even GT5).

Lvl 7 - Gold

Numbers mean nothing. I kind of laugh when I see a guy with 40 platinums, only to see they're made up of Terminator and Disney games. Makes me think they're overcompensating for something...

What's on the list is more important than how long the list is.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Lvl 4 - Silver

before this site, i would go on levels...i saw a 27 and a 31 across the way, and thought that was pretty respectable (i may have been a 7 or 9 then)

but when i got to this site, i cared more about plats (especially since i had none, and worked from november 2010 {originally thought march cuz i got here mar. 2011} to now to have the...i forgot, 11 plats i have today, close to a few others) and i guess a good way to rate is.....20 plats above yours, so you always have a goal to meet

which is good as a general goal
    cuz there are over 500 trophy games out there (and that's just retail games, i haven't sorted out the psn ones yet)... =]
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Legend...Nuff Said

Who cares? Have 0? Cool. Have 100? Cool. Just get the trophies you want and be happy with it. Besides, no one knows for sure 'how' people got their trophies, so that 300 plats your in awe with could have been hacked/bought/save data swapped, or who knows what else.
    My philosophy is plat the games I like, don't plat the games I don't like. Simple and easy.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

The Deathly Rhythm

Like 12-14 plats for me, ppl also friend me because I have 22 plats also lol
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Bringing the PAIN

Well as some may not have read i my post, I didn't say anything about respect or anything in my opinion. I said my outlook on people as "TROPHY COLLECTORS". All of the titles I gave are even backing that up. I agree that some people could care less... Thats good for them, it takes some hard work to hold a PPS like myself and plat EVERYTHING you play. Sometimes its not easy but its what I do.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I used to be interested in the number game. But after platting Terminator, and realizing how LITTLE fun that was, I stopped, and decided to only plat games I enjoy. I tend to enjoy difficult games, so my trophies tend to hold quality.
    As has been stated over and over again, its all about how you want to play the game. But my personal philosophy is that a good number of plats is one more than you currently have. And what is impressive, is when somebody has more than you do. Keeps you challenged, but not overwhelmed.

Props to Bladia for Sig!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Like others have said having many easy platinums is not as impressive as having rare platinums. I currently have 17 platinums and I could have more if I played easy games (Megamind, Terminator, Hannah Montana, Spare Parts, etc but I only play and try to plat games I enjoy.

You weak azz niggs

Who cares if you have easy plats or not? As long as you enjoy the game, that's all that matters, even though the vast majority of people with Hannah likely didn't enjoy the game lol I have 41 plats (and counting). I've enjoyed all of them for the most part.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Whatever amount you're happy with. It's not a competition unless you want it to be, and at this point, you'd probably lose.
    "Those who do not show respect will receive none in kind."

Lvl 7 - Gold

I would have to say 30+, I mean ofc 10+ is: ok cool a dedicated trophyhunter. But then again this thread was saying, "what count makes you go "whow, his dedicated." That for me is 30+

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Lvl 4 - Silver

Around 40-50 plats

PRO Member

I'd say around 30 is a decent amount. Nice balance between gaming and having a life

Lvl 4 - Silver

it all depends on you and what type of gamer you are. personally id like to keep my plats between 20-50 it shows what games your into and your dedication to hear that " ding" sound over 2000 times, anything over that is just too much in my opinion it makes make you look like a trophy whore to be honest just plat the games you enjoy even if there kiddie games or hard games, if you like or even love the game the plat will come in due time that's how it was for me and batman arkham city took me about 80 hours but i finally got it sad i dont have a reason to play it anymore oh well

platbar and sig by wadefan1

Lvl 6 - Silver

I only have 8, so I'd say that's a good number
    But I would like to platinum at least 90% of my games eventually.
    I'd say anywhere between 15-25 is a good number, not too excessive but as said, shows dedication..
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Who cares if you have easy plats or not? As long as you enjoy the game, that's all that matters, even though the vast majority of people with Hannah likely didn't enjoy the game lol I have 41 plats (and counting). I've enjoyed all of them for the most part.
    This. I completely agree with Grimy. It's all about having fun!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i will say 15 - ish but it all depends on the platinum themselves 20 platinums like Hannah Montana, terminator, or any pixars cant compare with a having any like disgaea 3, disgae 4, demon souls, dark souls or white knight ll those are hardcore platinums in my opinion

All credit goes to Bladia for the awesome sig and Thunderstick for plat-bar many Thanks
    Little Big Planet P4P or H4H Leave comment

Vive La Révelation!

Ohhh I'd say about 14 wait a second I only have 13..
    Avy & Signature by the Legend, Bladia.

Gotham's Reckoning

For me it is quality over quantity. Having only 10 plats but those plats being the likes of Mirrors Edge or GTA 4 is far more impressive than having 100 plats but all of them being whore plats.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast