Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What's a "Good" Platinum Count?

This is a discussion on What's a "Good" Platinum Count? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Well i would say it depends on how long the person has been hunting trophies, and how much time they ...

PRO Member

Well i would say it depends on how long the person has been hunting trophies, and how much time they have to do it in
    Of course the quality of the plats are more important than how many they have

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    Okay at a gamer bar in Raleigh so my count of 171 with a job, gf, and life how do I rate?
    having a job: 9
    having gf: 9
    having a life: 9

Final Tally: 9-9-9

see bodi, it all works out

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 6 - Silver

Most of my real life gamer friends don't have any plats. A couple of them work in the gaming industry so they simply don't have the time to plat. They have to bust thru the games and get on to the next one. So with that said, I'd say around 10 plats is impressive. I can tell then that you go for the plats you love and not for the "eliteness" of just having a plat.

Regional Manager of War

I usually go for a "hard plat" every time a milestone is within reach but I always make sure that the game is fun because that's why we play these video games for fun. Also to say I never "whored" myself out to a easy terrible game like Terminator will be lie because the trophies were tempting. Alot of people also tend to forget there are alot of easy fun games out there like Sly, Jak, Prince of Persia, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, God of War, Borderlands, Uncharted, and many more. What if someone has fun playing games like Cloudy, Up, and Megamind, who are we to judge anyone else's taste in games. To answer the question 0 plats is fine because majority of gamers do not care about trophies and only play what they truly enjoy without ever caring for the trophy list.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Id say (like some others) quality over quantity and even then like some others are saying it doesnt nor should it really matter how many plats you have and people shouldnt really base there opinions of others on the amount of plats people have.Its gaming and the main thing is to have fun and enjoy and like some one else said so long as you enjoy the game thats great and the trophys are a great little bonus on top.Dont get me wrong,i love collecting trophys but the game itself has to be enjoyable also

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 7 - Gold

i say it depends on what type of platinums you, if they are too easy you could have 100, but if they are hard even 1 or 2 are good

Lvl 6 - Silver

I also wanted to add that I have no respect for people who cheat to get their plat. There's a cheat in Jak 2 & 3 to get all the orbs. That's the one trophy keeping me from a plat in Jak 2. But I won't use the cheat because if I didn't earn it properly, it doesn't mean anything to me. The cheat is there and I may be making it harder on myself by not using it but I'll certain consider myself a better gamer if I do get it by doing all the challenges compared to someone who didn't.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by emosgirl View Post
    I also wanted to add that I have no respect for people who cheat to get their plat. There's a cheat in Jak 2 & 3 to get all the orbs. That's the one trophy keeping me from a plat in Jak 2. But I won't use the cheat because if I didn't earn it properly, it doesn't mean anything to me. The cheat is there and I may be making it harder on myself by not using it but I'll certain consider myself a better gamer if I do get it by doing all the challenges compared to someone who didn't.
    Sometimes there's people that don't have the time or patience for certain trophies. I know someone that's trying to get his last LBP 2 trophy that requires him to spend 24 hours in create mode. I heard you can't leave the game on overnight either, since you always have to be mashing buttons and doing nothing. It's Crazy! In my opinion if someone cheats on certain trophies like that then i wouldn't think differently of them because the game developers brought it onto themselves. I know i wouldn't spend 24 hours on 1 insignificant trophy since i got better things to do with my time like school, work, extra curricular activities and games. Nevertheless you are right in a way.
    Anyways a good platinum count would be 0. Why? Because platinums should not "Make" the player. The only reason why i platinum games in the first place is because i grew up playing older games like spyro, god of war, final fantasy, crash bandicoot etc that would always have awesome extras, skins, and would always give me that "rewarding feel" if i completed it 100%. There's my 2 cents.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Quality>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quanity
    You can have 100 kiddy and piss easy plats, or you can have 5 of the toughest plats on the PS3. The latter is in every way superior, I can tell you now.
    This is the second time I've seen you use "piss easy plats." So awesome.

OT - I like what we do at PPS. 10 s minimum. I think 10 is a good number. Our newest member, Trunks, has only 10 but, they are of quality as well. He has some easy s and some crazy difficult ones. I think there has to be a balance if you want to be taken seriously as a plat hunter. I think a respectable count would be 1-5, hard to easy plats.

Taking that into consideration, there are those out there that love trophy/plat hunting but really like kiddy games. If you look at my list, you'll see Chaotic. Super kiddy game. I have a friend in Canada who loves kiddy games and considers himself a trophy hunter. He sent me a copy of that game just so I would do the MP trophies with him. He's that hardcore about it. However, he also has some respectable s. It's all about balance.

First and foremost, you have to enjoy what you play.

United Military Gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenicide_X View Post
    Just wondering what you think a good or high Platinum count is? Like when you look at someones profile, what Platinum count would make you think wow, their pretty hardcore. For me it would probably be anything over 20 Platinums. I don't care to much about my own, i only have 28 Platinums, but I look at peoples sometimes and just think whoah...now thats dedication!
    I just seened someones plat collection and he has 113 plats, can't remember his name right now but dayum.....

United Military Gamers - like us on Facebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123