Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

This is a discussion on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Fuck, I'd forgot how hard this game was, I'm only on the warrior difficulty and I'm getting my ass handed ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Fuck, I'd forgot how hard this game was, I'm only on the warrior difficulty and I'm getting my ass handed to me already lol. I haven't played in ages but I would like to get back into it... who knows, maybe even plat it - though at this rate, I can't see that happening...

I am wondering how many of you have attempted to trophy hunt on this game and either quit or succeeded in platinum? I know it's a hard, hard plat but there are a fair few of you who have it from what I have seen...

Also, is there any way to really practice on this game? I have literally just unlocked team missions, would this be a good place to practice? Or is it just a case of carry on playing levels, dying and learning from there? The only trouble is with this method is that I keep losing all my health replenishment items...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Plats-O'-War!!

Play through the levels with the weapons you feel the most comfortable with. I'm on Mentor, and it's rough dude. Don't start those Team Missions until you've gone through all the difficulties in the SP. "May the force be with you. Always."

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm all about the dragon sword, that is probs the easiest weapon to get to grips with... So I can try that. Ok then, i'll avoid the team missions for a while... Thanks man
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i have never went for the plat since i never cared for the franchise but with ninja gaiden 3 coming out in a few days i am hooked and will be ing that game. maybe ill go back and do ninja gaiden sigma 2 also

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

I haven't played the 2nd one, but I still own the first one and it's fkng brutal so good luck!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 5 - Silver

It took me a year & a half to plat, after I originally gave up on the Ch4 Statue fight, just play, both game & TMs, they will both help you improve, its all rinse, repeat with this game, you get better, or break controllers or both. When you do(if you do) your Master Ninja run,.....oh joy. If you dont all good, trust me with the difficulity of the game all the weapon counts, chick kills, & besides TMs -Master & Ultimate will come sooner than you think if you keep playing it.Have fun.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I tried completing all the co-op missions first, but didn't get very far since it has horrible connection issues. Surely in most of the co-op matches, you are bound to lag. Lag pretty much kills the chance for me to plat it. Although the single player trophies are quite easy to obtain, you just gotta play the game like 4 times.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Lag is an on/off issue with this game yes, sad but true, & i said the same thing first few times playing story & TMs, that I would never plat it, there are alot of vids on all the TMs that can give you ideas. But with TMs persistence is helpful, as you may actually run across a good connection, & you can use ai thru some of Mentor, both the Rachel twirl & her guns are helpful on a few also. With the twirl you need an exceptional Ryu tho.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I tried completing all the co-op missions first, but didn't get very far since it has horrible connection issues. Surely in most of the co-op matches, you are bound to lag. Lag pretty much kills the chance for me to plat it. Although the single player trophies are quite easy to obtain, you just gotta play the game like 4 times.
    Actually its more like seven, warrior, mentor, master, than chapter challenge for all four difficulties. As for the single player trophies being easy, sure there are 30+ easy trophies in the game but to get a gold trophy will take alot of effort and even a silver trophy like mentor will cause headaches to a first timer to the Gaiden series.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm going to purchase Ninja Gaiden 3. Is Sigma 2 must buy if i want to understand anything of the story/plot? If yes, is it a badass game or should i just go for NG3?
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    I'm going to purchase Ninja Gaiden 3. Is Sigma 2 must buy if i want to understand anything of the story/plot? If yes, is it a badass game or should i just go for NG3?
    Not really tbh, Ninja Gaiden's story is pretty weak imo, but the gameplay is a must and its the reason why the game is awesome. Its fast paced and precise combat with a large selection of weapons at your disposal.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    understand anything of the story/plot?

The Deathly Rhythm

I'm playing this game on Warrior Difficulty as we speak, and then I'm gonna do all Team Missions challenges, and I'm really good at the Ninja Gaiden games, I beat Sigma 1 on Very Hard difficulty, I can beat Sigma 2 on MN and get the plat!
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I got the plat 4 this in 56 days but i didnt play anything else at all,after mentor i thought i would tackle the team missions and i got that trophy after many many attempts but it would have been abit easier if i had done my master ninja before hand tho.Just keep playing this until u get it u learn how everything moves and attacks by the end of mentor so master ninja is not as hard good luck,also i nearly forgot iam seeing that recent people that have gotten the plat have done so in 1-2 days,is this a hack or some sort of glitch or something because alot of people now have done it u can tell by clicking on there name and seeing it has been done in 1-2 days,does anyone know about this???thanks

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    Not really tbh, Ninja Gaiden's story is pretty weak imo, but the gameplay is a must and its the reason why the game is awesome. Its fast paced and precise combat with a large selection of weapons at your disposal.
    Cool, thanks for the quick reply!
    -Feel free to add me on PSN (Kami_Gunn). Don't leave a blank message .

PRO Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    I got the plat 4 this in 56 days but i didnt play anything else at all,after mentor i thought i would tackle the team missions and i got that trophy after many many attempts but it would have been abit easier if i had done my master ninja before hand tho.Just keep playing this until u get it u learn how everything moves and attacks by the end of mentor so master ninja is not as hard good luck,also i nearly forgot iam seeing that recent people that have gotten the plat have done so in 1-2 days,is this a hack or some sort of glitch or something because alot of people now have done it u can tell by clicking on there name and seeing it has been done in 1-2 days,does anyone know about this???thanks
    they are probably using a hacked gamesave, because they don't have my awesome ninja skillz.

check my awesome plat list if you dare: CLICK ME!

Lvl 5 - Silver

in 1-2 days ...? yup HACKAGE,.......unless...?, aw hell no , thats a hackarosa

Lvl 8 - Gold

I put my trophy hunt on hold for this game. Its difficulty, but its not impossible. I'm on Master Ninja difficulty with the first female and damn, its hard. The female characters are really difficulty at this game, because they suck lol.