Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got YLOD

This is a discussion on Got YLOD within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by prarpin ^ This fucking statement right there, along with the rest of you who think this way, ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post

^ This fucking statement right there, along with the rest of you who think this way, is one of the biggest problems with America today. Nobody fixes anything themselves anymore. LAZY. That is the best word to describe this sorry ass generation. "Oh well. The engine on my car went out. Time to buy another car." "My minor piece of electronics (PS3) stopped working. Guess I'll buy another one." "My water heater doesn't work anymore. I'll pay somebody $1,000 to come replace it."

^ We should be seeing more of these comments instead of the former. Grow some pubic hair, let your other fucking testicle descend and become a goddamn man!
    get lost fucking dumbass it costs more than 100 dollars to fix it when you can get a brand new one for 200 and some of us aint broke like you
    bitch

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    get lost fucking dumbass it costs more than 100 dollars to fix it when you can get a brand new one for 200 and some of us aint broke like you
    bitch
    Your threads always end up in a heated conversation. Hahaha

There's always gotta be that dumbass troll that's got to be talking shit like they own the place.

MK Plat = Overrated

It's got nothing to do with money. It's got to do with being a man. Parts and tools will cost you no less than $40. Use your brain and balls and fix the thing. I'll keep the tone down and put it in a different perspective.

It's a paper weight now right? Nothing you can do but have somebody fix it, right? Or you can look it up on YouTube and find out what you need to do and what you need to get. If you attempt it and prevail, you have a brand new PS3. If you fail, you have some new tools and some knowledge.

This thread has been done so many times, you could have done a simple site search and found your answer. There. Not heated. Not a "troll" answer. Just one that will help you progress and learn something positive in life.

Lvl 6 - Silver

It's got nothing to do with money. It's got to do with being a man. Parts and tools will cost you no less than $40. Use your brain and balls and fix the thing. I'll keep the tone down and put it in a different perspective.

It's a paper weight now right? Nothing you can do but have somebody fix it, right? Or you can look it up on YouTube and find out what you need to do and what you need to get. If you attempt it and prevail, you have a brand new PS3. If you fail, you have some new tools and some knowledge.

This thread has been done so many times, you could have done a simple site search and found your answer. There. Not heated. Not a "troll" answer. Just one that will help you progress and learn something positive in life.
    didnt you read my other posts and what if this type of threads have been done before, youre not forced to open the thread and now you keep your tone down what happened to "being a man" like you said

MK Plat = Overrated

You kids get butt-hurt too easy. I screamed "BE A MAN." And you go crying and send oh-so-tasteful PMs. So I tone it down and give you the advise your parents should be giving you. Now you aren't satisfied with my "sensitive" response. I don't think there is any helping you.

Lvl 6 - Silver

You kids get butt-hurt too easy. I screamed "BE A MAN." And you go crying and send oh-so-tasteful PMs. So I tone it down and give you the advise your parents should be giving you. Now you aren't satisfied with my "sensitive" response. I'm sorry to tell you this, if you haven't already been told before, but you sir are a douche bag.

now move along mod wannabe

Bringing the PAIN

You kids get butt-hurt too easy. I screamed "BE A MAN." And you go crying and send oh-so-tasteful PMs. So I tone it down and give you the advise your parents should be giving you. Now you aren't satisfied with my "sensitive" response. I don't think there is any helping you.
    I sir... Must agree.

So your gonna throw away your old one when you could probably fix it and if not(since money is nothing to you Mr. Trump.) you spent a whole couple bucks to try right? It's not the fact that your lazy even. It's the fact your lazy AND wasteful. It's truly a shame so many people have your mindset mister "I gotz allz diz moneyz! I iz dah king!" and then insult people when you have no idea how much money they have or what they do. Don't bother growing balls, Just grow the fuck up and take your trolling self back to youtube huh?!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ok so having been in this same situation before I've got to comment!

I had a launch PS3 (Fat Obviously) that gave me the YLoD about 2 years ago now. I called Sony and they told me of a refurbish deal they had ( send them your 'Fat' they'll send you a 120G slim for $150 USD, so I said WTF! I did it got the new 120G slim (In the meantime I went and bought a 320G Slim with Uncharted 2) when I finally got the new 120G Slim from Sony I sold it for $250 and keep rocking my 320G Plus I got hooked on Uncharted! Great deal really!

But my original 'Fat' had the gel overheating issue that most of them end up with, I tried fixing it myself but thought the Sony program was a better deal.

Long story short my 320G Slim has been fricken sweet , no issues, lots of space for DLC and games. I lamented that I lost the PS2 backward compatibility but now I really don't miss it at all!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    I sir... Must agree.

So your gonna throw away your old one when you could probably fix it and if not(since money is nothing to you Mr. Trump.) you spent a whole couple bucks to try right? It's not the fact that your lazy even. It's the fact your lazy AND wasteful. It's truly a shame so many people have your mindset mister "I gotz allz diz moneyz! I iz dah king!" and then insult people when you have no idea how much money they have or what they do. Don't bother growing balls, Just grow the fuck up and take your trolling self back to youtube huh?!
    make that two morons ha ha you mad bro? want some moneey?

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    Ok so having been in this same situation before I've got to comment!

I had a launch PS3 (Fat Obviously) that gave me the YLoD about 2 years ago now. I called Sony and they told me of a refurbish deal they had ( send them your 'Fat' they'll send you a 120G for $150 USD, so I said WTF! I did it got the new 120G slim (In the meantime I went and bought a 320G Slim with Uncharted 2) when I finally got the new 120G Slim form Sony I sold it for $250 and keep rocking my 320G Plus I got hooked on Uncharted! Great deal really!

But my original 'Fat' had the gel overheating issue that most of them end up with, I tried fixing it myslef but thought the Sony program was a better deal.

Long story short my 320G Slim has been fricken sweet , no issues, lots of space for DLC and games. I lamented that I lost the PS2 backward compatibility but now I really don't miss it at all!
    yes bro an option is an option do whatever you want whatever you like aint nobody come and tell you what to do like they run the place they wouldnt say it to my face

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by AJL_LEYJA View Post
    make that two morons ha ha you mad bro? want some moneey?
    I want nor need anything from you. If you have no intention of taking anyones advice in here why make the thread? I am reporting to have this shut! Glad I could help!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 4 - Silver

Grow up boys... sound like a bunch of chicks clucking... I have to listen to enough of it from my women dont need to hear it on here..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I sir... Must agree.

The so called 'fix' for these old PS3's has been proven to not be permanent, thats why I went with the trade in program that ended up paying for my 320G Slim (essentially quintupling my space on units) (from 60G to 320g) fixng old electronics is seldom the 'way to go' as they generally break down again at some point in the future. Case in point: I've had several TV's fixed over the years and generally they needed another repair or such. (Why I bought a new HD LCD when my 52 inch needed a new part instead of reapairing it)

Lvl 6 - Silver

I want nor need anything from you. If you have no intention of taking anyones advice in here why make the thread? I am reporting to have this shut! Glad I could help!
    lmao really?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12