Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ninja Gaiden 3 is awful

This is a discussion on Ninja Gaiden 3 is awful within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Denaratuck So I'm guessing you've all read the entire article and have also played the game as ...

Change is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    So I'm guessing you've all read the entire article and have also played the game as well then? I'm so sick of the same old bullshit everyday. This guy/girl gave a game I never even played a score I don't think it deserves. Guess what, its their opinion after they've played the game. If you've played the game and think the score is off, good for you, but when you say it doesn't deserve x score when you haven't even played it or read the review, then I feel sorry for you...

I agree with you here. From what I read, the game is very repetitive and the difficulty is severely lacking compared to NGS2.
    I read the review, and I don't disagree/agree with the score at all (as you said, I have not played the game at all). I have no say. I was just stating that IGN shouldn't be trusted when it comes to reviews.

DON'T BLINK

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    thats what happens when you appeal to a wider audience

Riiight. Like you are gonna believe IGN after all the shit you spout about them. This is just you hating because it's cool to again.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

The reviewer makes valid points, it's a step down from its predecessor, plain and simple.

Stop being so quick to judge and immediately take to the "DONT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY, ITS IGNORANT!" path.

Besides, even if the game did get a low score, why let that affect your final decision? The new Silent Hill got a pretty bad score from IGN too, but after watching multiple videos, I think its definitely worth my time and money after all.

Remember people, reviews are opinions.
    Last edited by One; 03-19-2012 at 06:00 PM.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 6 - Silver

As most of you have said, can't judge until it's been played. But I'm hoping it's not that bad, 'cause I have sigma and sigma 2, loved them both. But at the same time, I rarely buy games brand new anyway so what do I care, as long as the trophies are attainable for the online ones when I finally do get it

- also, I agree that they have dumbed down the difficulty, NGS was sooo much harder than NGS2 to complete [ not plat, I'm not there yet...]
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Buy my book, Alteration

Wow. If he's right, it's almost as bad as Naughty Bear. And Naughty Bear was TERRIBLE.

I try to not base opinions like reviews on what I want. If it looks fun, why listen to some idiot wail about it with a review when I can give it my own opinion? They gave Uncharted 3 a 10, when at most it should've gotten a 9.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

NSFW

I can see where you're coming from with basing your opinion off of past reviews. However, the part that bothers me is the bold section. Just like my earlier rant about people stating game x deserves rating y without even playing them, another issue I have is when people state sites all have paid reviews. I have yet to see anybody provide any evidence to support this claim other than the Kane and Lynch (spelling?) fiasco years ago. Like Gauss points out whenever discussing the issue. If everyone is getting paid for their reviews, then why is there so much of a difference in the scores across the board for the same game on various review sites?
    But it is a possibility (and a big one at that), and I for one does not want to take that risk. For example (I know this is a minor thing, but) look at the Child of Eden review of both the Xbox 360 version and the PS3 version (here). It does not necessarily show any of the things I said, but it does show uneven between two parts (And they are both the same identically game). I'm not saying IGN is bad, but all the reputation about the things I said leads you to wonder, and therefore I do not find IGN to be trusted alone (until it's either proved good or bad), but I do agree, that what I said was uncalled for. I was just referring to the fact, that extreme biasism or filled checkbooks, may have been involved.

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Riiight. Like you are gonna believe IGN after all the shit you spout about them. This is just you hating because it's cool to again.
    already heard alot of people saying it's shit (only one weapon for example), this helps my argument.

The One and Only

The same company that gave CoD: MW3 a 9/10?

Meh, I don't read their reviews anymore, so whatever score they give I think otherwise.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

im still curious to know what IGN would rate RE ORC since i see reviews have gone into hiding
    i have always enjoyed the NG series but its too damn hard ill leave it to the professionals
    maybe one day i will plat both 2 and 3...one day
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Never believe any reviews any more besides user reviews, than Youtube the rest.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 9 - Gold

If you don't like NG3, just wait for the Sigma version. It'll have more... stuff. I guess...
    Yeah, that's the ticket.

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    The reviewer makes valid points, it's a step down from its predecessor, plain and simple.

Stop being so quick to judge and immediately take to the "DONT TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY, ITS IGNORANT!" path.

Besides, even if the game did get a low score, why let that affect your final decision? The new Silent Hill got a pretty bad score from IGN too, but after watching multiple videos, I think its definitely worth my time and money after all.

Remember people, reviews are opinions.
    I see what you did there.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

An old-fashioned cowboy

Out of 7 reviews so far the current Metascore is 60.
    Ninja Gaiden 3 Critic Reviews for PlayStation 3 at Metacritic.com

Also I don't know who does IGN's math but (5.0 + 4.0+ 5.5 + 2.5 + 2.0) does not equal 3.0 it equals 3.8

Get bent...

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Also I don't know who does IGN's math but (5.0 + 4.0+ 5.5 + 2.5 + 2.0) does not equal 3.0 it equals 3.8
    I don't think IGN uses their 'Overall' score as an average of the individual category scores.

It's meant as a separate score altogether (which is retarded, if you ask me).

I once saw an IGN game review that had 7's & 8's on the individual category scores, but somehow managed to get a 6.0 on the overall.
    What happens to CoD players when they try to play Dark Souls...

Formerly known as Tyrion619

PRO Member

Reading the IGN review, it does seem that the reviewer has made a subjective review, comparing the Ninja Gaiden 3 to other games in the franchise rather than an objective review, reviewing Ninja Gaiden 3 as a game in it's own right. With that said, the PS3 version (not enough reviews for the 360 version yet) currently has a metacritic score of 60 based on 7 reviews. Taking out the IGN review would make it 68.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    But it is a possibility (and a big one at that), and I for one does not want to take that risk. For example (I know this is a minor thing, but) look at the Child of Eden review of both the Xbox 360 version and the PS3 version (here). It does not necessarily show any of the things I said, but it does show uneven between two parts (And they are both the same identically game).
    The thing about Child of Eden is that it is the exact same game but played with 2 very different control schemes, Kinect vs Move with the option of playing with a standard controller on both platforms (which is not recomended). If you look, you'll find that the higher Xbox 360 review is pretty consistant accross the board because this game is more suited to Kinect than it is to Move. I know from experience that playing Child of Eden with Move instead of a standard controller makes a significant difference, but find myself wishing I had Kinect and the 360 version.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Game on....

I will give most games a chance and purchase it, if it looks intresting. The difference is when and how much i will pay for a game based on how much i want to play it.

PRO Member

I'm skipping this one for now but thats because i have so many games to play as it is and with average scores all around not in cluding ign;s lame score it's not a must have game for me...maybe it is for others and thats there decision like i always say play the game yourself and decide for yourself if you like it hell i love dynasty/samurai warriors games and am stoked for orochi warriors 3...and those games never score great but hell i have fun no matter wahter and so i suggest those who want the game to do the same and just decide for yourself.

MK Plat = Overrated

I agree with most here. Although IGN and I have never agreed on a game, that doesn't mean that they can't be right for once. I'm sure it snows in hell every 1,000 years or so.
    That being said, I don't usually purchase a game based any single reviewer's opinion. However, there is one. I love the reviews that Mark from CGR gives. He usually gives such an in depth review with a ton of game footage on each game he reviews. I don't think there has been a single game that he has reviewed that I disagreed with.
    Now, I'm not trying to wax the guy's pole or anything, I'm just saying that I think my taste in games happen to be similar.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Brace yourself all, one weapon with two new to come as DLC

Donīt buy it.
    Hand-bra Jeans

The exposure of the female's soft body. Whether you like it or not, being naked to the waist and the mismatch between the hard and thick jeans. The true essence is the union of girly and boyish styles.At the same time, the hand-bra forces even the current girls that lack shameful feelings to make an embarrassing pose. Depending on how it is seen, it also shows a form of eroticism by making it look like the girls are rubbing their own breasts.

Medaka Box

Plats-O'-War!!

So I'm guessing you've all read the entire article and have also played the game as well then? I'm so sick of the same old bullshit everyday. This guy/girl gave a game I never even played a score I don't think it deserves. Guess what, its their opinion after they've played the game. If you've played the game and think the score is off, good for you, but when you say it doesn't deserve x score when you haven't even played it or read the review, then I feel sorry for you...

I agree with you here. From what I read, the game is very repetitive and the difficulty is severely lacking compared to NGS2.
    Well, it looks like I'm eating crow tonight. Just canceled my order of NG3. I was at my local gamestop (which btw, I'm kool with everyone who works there) and they told me straight up "Don't play this. It's flat out shit." Shocked as I was, I wanted to try it out, luckily, they had the game in their PS3 display, and I tried it out for like 3 missions, no, No, NO!!!! They destroyed that game. NGS2 is way better than NG3. So upset that they turned it into a pile of crap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast