Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any good super-powered protagonist games?

This is a discussion on Any good super-powered protagonist games? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Mmm...I thought DCUO was pretty boring, I'd give it a try but I don't wanna have to download it again, ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Mmm...I thought DCUO was pretty boring, I'd give it a try but I don't wanna have to download it again, last time it took 30+ hours to be playable at all >.>
    Plus my HDD is almost full :c

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Mmm...I thought DCUO was pretty boring, I'd give it a try but I don't wanna have to download it again, last time it took 30+ hours to be playable at all >.>
    Plus my HDD is almost full :c
    How far did you actually get into the game? Besides the first Villain and Hero you create, the game doesn't really start till you hit 30 and move on to raids, duos, and alerts. Not to mention the Pvp is pretty intense.

But I won't lie. Theres a lot of daily stuff you have to do and grinding. It's not meant for people that can only play an hour or 2 a day.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    How far did you actually get into the game? Besides the first Villain and Hero you create, the game doesn't really start till you hit 30 and move on to raids, duos, and alerts. Not to mention the Pvp is pretty intense.

But I won't lie. Theres a lot of daily stuff you have to do and grinding. It's not meant for people that can only play an hour or 2 a day.
    I played for a bit, like up to level 8 or so. I didn't play for a while so I just deleted it. And in all honesty the only time I could play for more than 2 hours would be on the weekends and I use that time to play other stuff...
    But that's my problem, not the game's. I just can't get around to play MMORPGs seriously, I always try to go solo.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I played for a bit, like up to level 8 or so. I didn't play for a while so I just deleted it. And in all honesty the only time I could play for more than 2 hours would be on the weekends and I use that time to play other stuff...
    But that's my problem, not the game's. I just can't get around to play MMORPGs seriously, I always try to go solo.
    It's not an RPG, but it does require a shitload of time to reach end gear with a ton of skillpoints. I've been playing since October now, I'm almost fully Tier 3 geared out.... Now the Earth DLC just got released with T4 gear. The trophies for this new DLC will be extremely challenging....

And yah lvl 8, you barely scratched the game... I can see why you'd be bored of it, specially if you lack the time.

Indie Game Developer

I think I've seen several people already mention it, but Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was really good. I've heard mixed reviews about the second game, but it is probably really cheap and worth it now.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Lvl 7 - Gold

You can always try those Marvel Ultimate Alliance games. I've played the second part and didn't quite care for it but you'll never know if you'll dig 'em.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Crocodile Hunter

There is Spiderman Shattered Dimentions and something of time coming out soon. not sure what its called

Sig by Apokolypz

Regional Manager of War

No one has mentioned Prototype yet, that's a awesome game were the protagonist is super powered

INTJ

freedom force

pc only though

Fox
    Si vis bellum, para pacem

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Awesome91 View Post
    No one has mentioned Prototype yet, that's a awesome game were the protagonist is super powered
    He mentioned in the OP that he already owned it And didn't like it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Knights of the Old Republic.

PC/Original Xbox.

Honestly one of the best Star Wars games there is, with a great storyline that isn't weighed down by any of the fiction because it's set so far before any of the main canon. Good/Evil paths that you can take, that actually affect the outcome in a fairly meaningful way.

ReviewHaven PC Fund: $4.90 // $525.27 [ DONATE ]

PATREON \\ CURIOOS \\ BEHANCE \\ VENOMGRAPHICS \\ REVIEWHAVEN

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    He mentioned in the OP that he already owned it And didn't like it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Knights of the Old Republic.

PC/Original Xbox.

Honestly one of the best Star Wars games there is, with a great storyline that isn't weighed down by any of the fiction because it's set so far before any of the main canon. Good/Evil paths that you can take, that actually affect the outcome in a fairly meaningful way.
    lol thats what happens when I skim through the OP

Kiwi Defender

I was going to suggest Prototype, but the title says "good super-powered protagonist game", and this is just average. Plus, you already played it according to the OP .

I suggest TFU (first one, haven't played the sequel so I can't comment about it), and, if you do have a 360, Crackdown or Crackdown 2 (prefferably the second one, since I've been told it's better).

If you're willling to play older-gen games, I'd say Knights of the Old Republic. Have barely played it on Steam (thanks to Ryan), and I've had a blast. Can't wait to become a Jedi .

The Old Republic (the MMO) would also be a good suggestion, in case you've got a powerful PC and like MMOs.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    freedom force

pc only though
    *Facepalm*. Worst $5 I ever spent in my life when looking for a MP game back in the day.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    freedom force

pc only though
    One of my favourite games of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    *Facepalm*. Worst $5 I ever spent in my life when looking for a MP game back in the day.
    No way dude that game rocks.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 1 - Bronze

All i can say is that if you liked the feel of that game then you should try one of their other suckerpunch games like the sly series. Very fun and satisfying. I also got addicted to the infamous series and know how you feel.

Gotham's Reckoning

If you don't mind waiting until June, The Amazing Spiderman is getting a video game and from what I've seen, it looks a lot similar to the Spiderman 2 game but with HD graphics.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

crysis 2 your guy is so overpowered i thought the game was really good though

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    One of my favourite games of all time.

No way dude that game rocks.
    Lol. It was the prototype to bring out great games like Xmen Legends and Ultimate Alliance... But rocked? My brother and I quit playing the MP about 15mins in and I stopped playing the SP after the first few levels due to how boring and bad it was imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12