Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any good super-powered protagonist games?

This is a discussion on Any good super-powered protagonist games? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Hey... Just got inFamous 2 plat (after I committed not to pursue any more trophies at all...) cause I just ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Any good super-powered protagonist games?

Hey... Just got inFamous 2 plat (after I committed not to pursue any more trophies at all...) cause I just love infamous. I did get the game not too long after launch, but just now played the 2nd playthrough (good).

Anyways, maybe it's just how awesome inFamous is (both games) or maybe I'm just a sucker for superhero/villain games, but I really want some more.

So, any suggestions?

I have played Prototype (in fact, i bought both first inFamous and 1st prototype together, and played prototype then infamous) but after beating it once - I don't really feel like picking it up again, it's repetitive as fuck (literally).

After asking a few friends - they told me to get Crackdown for xbox, so I did. Now all I gotta do is get an xbox.

Lvl 6 - Silver

i don't think there's that many games like that, the closest i can recommend is Batman: Arkham City and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Lvl 5 - Silver

if you like anime try out the naruto games or you could always try batman eventhough he does use gadget and dont have a super power perse. also maybe try out rpg games that give you the option of being a mage or something similar
    PERFECT PLATINUM STREAK

Lvl 9 - Gold

Ehhh, you can try out the Jedi Knight series, they're for Pc and seriously the requirements are quite low, since the games are old. They're really fun, especially Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.
    Also you got Prototype 2 coming out soon, looks fun.

Other than that I really can't recall any similar adventure games, Bionic Commando is kinda like that I guess, Crackdown, Crisis games, and then a little less similar you got hack and slash games like Sengoku Basara, God of War and Devil May Cry.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Crocodile Hunter

there is spiderman i guess....

Sig by Apokolypz

Level 5 Esper

DC Universe Online ~ you can be a superhero or a supervillain
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Lvl 7 - Gold

you can try dragonball aswell

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    i don't think there's that many games like that, the closest i can recommend is Batman: Arkham City and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.
    I disliked Arkham Asylum, so I'm not gonna get arkham city, cause people say it's more of the same. But thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by saumiyan View Post
    if you like anime try out the naruto games or you could always try batman eventhough he does use gadget and dont have a super power perse. also maybe try out rpg games that give you the option of being a mage or something similar
    Well I don't dislike anime, but I'm not a fan of naruto, and if I learned anything from Budokai Tenkaichi games it's that - they're pure fanservice. Dont really wanna play any RPG's atm. Argh.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    Ehhh, you can try out the Jedi Knight series, they're for Pc and seriously the requirements are quite low, since the games are old. They're really fun, especially Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.
    Also you got Prototype 2 coming out soon, looks fun.

Other than that I really can't recall any similar adventure games, Bionic Commando is kinda like that I guess, Crackdown, Crisis games, and then a little less similar you got hack and slash games like Sengoku Basara, God of War and Devil May Cry.
    Yeah, waiting on prototype 2 atm, hoping they fixed the repetitiveness man.

About GoW/DMC and Star Wars games - I meant something more or less set in current times... Basically I want more inFamous atm >.<

Crysis - yeah, gotta look into those games, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    there is spiderman i guess....
    I totally forgot about spiderman! I remember Spiderman 2 was pure win on ps2. Spiderman 3 however sucked donkey balls from a straw >.< Are there open world spiderman games on PS3? Gonna look into it, right now! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    Thanks but no.... just no. I just recently got off from playing WoW for 6 years. I really REALLY don't need any more MMO's in my life.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by goldberg_malta View Post
    you can try dragonball aswell
    Which game specifically? I'm looking for open world or more constrictive, yet still action/adventure. I'm aware of Tenkaichi series, and I gave up on those after Raging Blast disappointed me.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Frost425 View Post
    Bingo. The ultimate Superhero/Villain game out right now with a bad ass story to follow the MMO. Not to mention, it's F2P(Free to play).
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

Lvl 4 - Silver

About open world Spider-Man games, there is Web Of Shadows. I enjoyed that a lot. No trophy support though, but I can see you're not necessarily looking for that, so... It can't be all that expensive either. It came before Shattered Dimensions and Edge Of Time. The plot has a lot to do with the symbiotes, so if you're a big fan of Venom, like me, you'll love it. As for the free-roaming, it's awesome. But then again, it always is in Spidey games.

Local Drunk

What about Infamous Festival Of Blood?

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 6 - Silver

there's always infamous festival of blood its short but pretty fun

Me & Ming @ The Stash

Although they're not sandbox games, Wolverine & Force Unleashed games are pretty good hack n slash superhero games. I've read Green Lantern & Captain America are also pretty good, but I haven't played either yet.

Awesomeness thanks to:Thunder for platbar | Bladia for sig | Sigs & Beyond

Lvl 6 - Silver

Captain America would be ok if you liked Batman AA, But you didn't.

Green lanter kinda plays like God of War, but it has co-op if you have a friend/girlfriend whatever

Iron Man 2 I like more that the average person. The controlls feel weird at first but you get used to them

Wolverine/x-men origins - I am currently playing this, it's a basic hack and slash at heart. But for a movie game (like the others listed above) its got a good story that adds in addition to teh movie and it is pretty long. And requires 2 playthrus to plat.

Spider man shattered dimensions I couldn't finish because I could not stand Spider Mans smart mouth every two seconds. He has something smart assey to say about everything. and that is the whole point I never finished the game.

I would highly recomend the star wars tfu series (2 more than 1) Has ranged force attacks as well up close combat. its not an open world but it is pretty fun. just too short.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Lvl 7 - Gold

DC Universe! free and great fun

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Retired

Stay tuned for inFAMOUS 3.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Force unleashed

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    Captain America would be ok if you liked Batman AA, But you didn't.

Green lanter kinda plays like God of War, but it has co-op if you have a friend/girlfriend whatever

Iron Man 2 I like more that the average person. The controlls feel weird at first but you get used to them

Wolverine/x-men origins - I am currently playing this, it's a basic hack and slash at heart. But for a movie game (like the others listed above) its got a good story that adds in addition to teh movie and it is pretty long. And requires 2 playthrus to plat.

Spider man shattered dimensions I couldn't finish because I could not stand Spider Mans smart mouth every two seconds. He has something smart assey to say about everything. and that is the whole point I never finished the game.

I would highly recomend the star wars tfu series (2 more than 1) Has ranged force attacks as well up close combat. its not an open world but it is pretty fun. just too short.
    Part of Spidey's charm is that he IS such a smartass. But more importantly, even though the OP has already dismissed The Force Unleashed, how can you possibly say the second is better than the first? Take the story alone. It's absolutely terrible, whereas the story in the first game is one of that game's strongest points.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I agree that Wolverine is a good game featuring a super-powered protagonist. It's very bloody and features decapitations by the truckload - this is what the Wolverine film should have been.

I've also heard that Captain America is a decent game, though I've yet to play it myself.

I wouldn't really recommend Iron Man 2, and apparently Thor is a pretty bad game too. Haven't played any of the PS3 Spidey games, or the Hulk game. I'm intrigued by X-Men Destiny, although many people rated it quite negatively...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast