Soul Reaver coming back

This is a discussion on Soul Reaver coming back within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Report: Soul Reaver Reboot in the Works - TBA News at IGN According to VG247 , a Soul Reaver reboot ...

PRO Member

Soul Reaver coming back

Report: Soul Reaver Reboot in the Works - TBA News at IGN

According to VG247, a Soul Reaver reboot is being developed by Crystal Dynamics.

Facts are thin on the ground, but it claims that the game will be a "full reworking of the vampire action classic" and will have "a new art direction".

So far there are five games in the Legacy of Kain series, focussing on two protaonists. The Blood Omen games centre on Kain, a murdered noble who tracks down his killers, while the Soul Reaver games follow a vampire turned wraith called Raziel. The characters were united in the most recent game in the series, Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

It's unclear whether the reboot will focus on Kain, Raziel, or a new character, though the use of "Soul Reaver" specifically implies that Raziel will feature heavily in the mooted project.

The series has been dormant for almost ten years.
    Not sure how I feel about it since Amy Hennig won't be involved, but this series has 3 stellar titles and I was kind of upset at how Defiance ended given that the series hasn't had a follow-up title.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

PRO Member

Oh wow. I remember those games. They were great for the times. I'll reserve judgement till some more info is out
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Nope, nothing

If they do actually bring this out, which will no doubt be confirmed sometime soon if it is, I will definitely have it on my radar

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Used to love these games, would be a deffo for me if its happening

Lvl 6 - Silver

As it's Crystal Dynamics making this, they WILL fuck it up. LOK series was one of the greatest series I have ever played, and yet I guarantee CD will find some way to fucking butcher it like they did the Tomb Raider series. They'll make it look shit-hot though, I'll give them that... Soul Reaver's FMV was amazing, some of the best I've seen, I'd say it matches up to some of the movies from todays games, so I'd love to see a current gen reworking of that.
    But still, point remains, they'll fuck it in the ass by giving awful enemy AI, terrible controls, shocking camera and thousands of glitches.
    RIP Legacy of Kain.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 8 - Gold

I haven't played Defiance but I'm looking forward to another Soul Reaver game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

No. I played it once before! I no like this game!

Regional Manager of War

I loved the first game on the PS1 but wasn't a huge fan of the PS2 Souls Reaver game, hopefully this one is better.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Soul Reaver was the first game I got for the PS2. Not a bad game, just got very repetative having to suck souls up every 5 seconds. Would welcome a reboot though.

PRO Member

A reboot could either ruin the series or bring back the fans it once had..we'll have to wait and see though.

MK Plat = Overrated

I loved the series. Unfortunately, I never got to play Defiance. My favorite was Legacy of Cain, the first installment. It would be awesome if they just came out with a remastered collection. Although, another installment would be cool if they don't mess it up.

Platinum Procrastinator

If this is true then hopefully they don't mess it up like a lot of people are expecting them to. I remember watching a friend play a few of them back on the Playstation but I never tried them myself.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!