Computer Problems!!!!

This is a discussion on Computer Problems!!!! within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Thought i would post in this section as it has more viewers than PC section Ok this ad popped up ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Computer Problems!!!!

Thought i would post in this section as it has more viewers than PC section

Ok this ad popped up so i closed it and then suddenly computer screen went blue and an error report came up saying your computer has an unexpected shutdown etc etc. SO i thought ok just a small problem, computer restarts itself obv.

Then i go on youtube vid, vid is playing and bam vid goes green and blue error report comes again, but at the bottom it says that the AMD drivers have crashed but then rebooted??????

ANy suggestions

Im thinking i need to reinstall drivers

First where do i find them currently and secondly where do i find the drivers on internet to redownload?

I have an Dell XPS 8300 Windows 7 ?

Sig By Apokolypz

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Go to Dell Official Site - The Power To Do More | Dell and click "Support"

Here's the driver they provide for the XPS 8300 -- Radeon HD 5450 -- Drivers and Downloads | Dell [United States]

Lvl 7 - Gold

First thing to do is run a virus scan. After that run a software called MalwareByte's. It checks for malware/adware/etc.
    Also, try to download "TDSS Killer." It is made by KasperSky, it shows if you have a rootkit or not. After that if you still have a problem, message me I will try to help futher if you don't have the problem solved already.I had the same problem, had Trojan Agent3's on my computer.
    Currently Playing:|Mass Effect 2/Insanity Run|

|Thanks Alison for the Signature.| My Youtube.

illegal in 9 countries

Blue screen of death indicates hardware driver failure rather than viral infection.

It's always a good idea to keep your security up to date, but the pop-up ad is pure coincidence.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    Blue screen of death indicates hardware driver failure rather than viral infection.

It's always a good idea to keep your security up to date, but the pop-up ad is pure coincidence.
    That's what I was thinking too.

Just in case OP needs a recommendation for AV, I suggest Comodo. It's free and beats the shit out of every AV I've ever used.