Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 307

List of PlayS3 Games That Only Require Offline Trophies to Earn Platinum

This is a discussion on List of PlayS3 Games That Only Require Offline Trophies to Earn Platinum within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak No one in their right mind can afford 6 ps3's and 6 copies of the same ...

  1. #81
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    No one in their right mind can afford 6 ps3's and 6 copies of the same game unless they are rich, so I'm not adding it to the list.
    If you purchased a ps3 on release day, you can easily afford 3+ ps3's. Specially if you buy used, but either way. It's still a game that can be platinumed without online so it belongs on the list. No exceptions.

    I own 4 ps3's and besides the first 80gb model and the first slim. I paid next to nothing for my other ps3's. But so can anyone that actually spends a few hours looking around being patient.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

  2. #82
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    If you purchased a ps3 on release day, you can easily afford 3+ ps3's. Specially if you buy used, but either way. It's still a game that can be platinumed without online so it belongs on the list. No exceptions.
    Lol, that's the thing I never bought mine on released day. Alright I'll add it lol.



  3. #83
    Lvl 10 - Platinum


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    Reputation
    13

    This is great i hate online trophies IMO, because of recent games that i have played that require online.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

  4. #84
    Lvl 5 - Silver
    iraqoz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    328
    Reputation
    15

    Great thread should definitly be sticked.

    I suggest removing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 from the list, even if you added a note it will only contribute to confuse trophy-hunter/collectors who dont know the game IMO.
    Quote of the week:
    "For a man to conquer himself is the first and noblest of all victories." - Plato

  5. #85
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    I updated the list and now added PSN games, so it's retail and PSN games with offline trophies only on the list.

    Games added to the list:

    - Alien Breed: Impact
    - Alien Breed 2: Assault
    - Call of Duty Classic
    - Crysis
    - Dungeon Defenders
    - Ferrari: The Race Experience
    - Greg Hastings Paintball 2
    - Obaku
    - Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
    - Record of Agarest War
    - Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
    - Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
    - Spare Parts
    - Trine
    - Trine 2
    - Wizardy: Labyrinth of Lost Souls



  6. #86
    PRO Member
    Javro_07's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dalton,Georgia
    Posts
    673
    Reputation
    55

    Dead Nation(PSN game) and Superstars V8 Racing(PSN.not sure if it's retail also) should be added to list.

    DN has 2 trophies that require co-op but the trophy guide says they can be gotten thru splitscreen.

    You do a great job updating this thread btw.

    Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

  7. #87
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    363
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Dead Nation(PSN game) and Superstars V8 Racing(PSN.not sure if it's retail also) should be added to list.

    DN has 2 trophies that require co-op but the trophy guide says they can be gotten thru splitscreen.

    You do a great job updating this thread btw.
    Confirm, I got the Dead Nation plat completely offline (but need a 2nd controller).

    Other offline platinums:
    - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
    - Katamari Forever Forgot there is a single bronze where you have to view online rankings 5 times. However you do NOT have to play any games online. the 30 co-op or battle games can be done with a 2nd controller.
    - Okabu PSN Download [edit: already on the list as Obaku - incorrect spelling]
    - Wipeout 2 Requires a 2nd controller
    Last edited by Aipher; 02-07-2012 at 02:43 AM.

  8. #88
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Dead Nation(PSN game) and Superstars V8 Racing(PSN.not sure if it's retail also) should be added to list.

    DN has 2 trophies that require co-op but the trophy guide says they can be gotten thru splitscreen.
    I totally forgot that Dead Nation had splitscreen. Thanks for reminding me! Just added it to the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    Other offline platinums:
    - Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
    - Katamari Forever Forgot there is a single bronze where you have to view online rankings 5 times. However you do NOT have to play any games online. the 30 co-op or battle games can be done with a 2nd controller.
    - Okabu PSN Download [edit: already on the list as Obaku - incorrect spelling]
    - Wipeout 2 Requires a 2nd controller
    I added Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends and Wipeout 2. I also fixed the misspelling of Okabu. Thanks!



  9. #89
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    I'd like to add
    Jak and Daxter Collection: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Jak and Daxter Collection: Jak II
    Jak and Daxter Collection: Jak III

  10. #90
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrey View Post
    I'd like to add
    Jak and Daxter Collection: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    Jak and Daxter Collection: Jak II
    Jak and Daxter Collection: Jak III
    Added!



  11. #91
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Fixed up the list by making it more cleaner and easier to see each games by sections. I also added the links to each game that will take you directly to their forums, instead of going back to the main page of this site and clicking on the letters and clicking on the game you want to see. It's more easier to click on the game title on this list if you are curious on platinum difficulty and the trophies list of the games.



  12. #92
    You weak azz niggs
    grimydawg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (USA)
    Posts
    531
    Reputation
    52

    Take off Ninja Gaiden 2. There is no it may be harder because the A.I. is a dumb ass. It's impossible because of that. Also add Rock Band 3 to your list. That can be done offline.
    Last edited by grimydawg; 02-07-2012 at 11:27 PM.



  13. #93
    Royal Flush X2
    omnislash's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,190
    Reputation
    200

    Like others who have the plat to NGS2 have said, it's not near impossible, it is impossible with the A.I and that is a fact. Take NGS2 off this list but other wise nice job on the list you made.

  14. #94
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lake district, cumbria
    Posts
    9
    Reputation
    0

    Thanks for this list it is a real gem. Good to finally know what all the offline trophy games are.

  15. #95
    Lvl 9 - Gold
    Minarum's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Your mom's bed, aka Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,102
    Reputation
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Javro_07 View Post
    Dead Nation(PSN game) and Superstars V8 Racing(PSN.not sure if it's retail also) should be added to list.

    DN has 2 trophies that require co-op but the trophy guide says they can be gotten thru splitscreen.

    You do a great job updating this thread btw.
    DN has 1 online trophy that requires you to be online to update your stats for your country. Contributor. So if you have 0 online access, you can not get the plat.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

  16. #96
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Since everyone says it's impossible to get platinum on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 alone, it's taken off the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Also add Rock Band 3 to your list. That can be done offline.
    Just added Rock Band 3 to the list. Thanks!



  17. #97
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    363
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    DN has 1 online trophy that requires you to be online to update your stats for your country. Contributor. So if you have 0 online access, you can not get the plat.
    That's true, but being a PSN only game means you have to be online to get the game anyway. With 0 online access, it's impossible to get the game in the first place.

    In that case any PSN exclusive game should be disqualified because a connection is mandatory. Maybe add a special note is sufficient for DN or make a special section for PSN downloadable games only.

    OP's call really, I know this is a non-online trophy only list, but in essence it wouldn't hurt to encompass games with a single trophy for being online, that has no mandatory sustained online play.

  18. #98
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    That's true, but being a PSN only game means you have to be online to get the game anyway. With 0 online access, it's impossible to get the game in the first place.

    In that case any PSN exclusive game should be disqualified because a connection is mandatory. Maybe add a special note is sufficient for DN or make a special section for PSN downloadable games only.

    OP's call really, I know this is a non-online trophy only list, but in essence it wouldn't hurt to encompass games with a single trophy for being online, that has no mandatory sustained online play.
    That's why I put (PSN Download) besides a game title. That way gamers would know if they have to download the game or not. Plus this list is also for people who haves internet, but don't like online trophies at all also.



  19. #99
    Resident PHD
    dr_mayus's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    3,803
    Reputation
    459

    It should also be pointed out that if you didn't have Internet, you probably couldn't check this list...just saying.

    AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

  20. #100
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    363
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    That's why I put (PSN Download) besides a game title. That way gamers would know if they have to download the game or not. Plus this list is also for people who haves internet, but don't like online trophies at all also.
    I know the point of the (PSN Download)

    In the case of DN there is an online trophy as Minarum says, but not like other standard online trophies. It's just playing a game by yourself in single player and simply uploading the score after completing the level (it's automatic, and only have to do it once).

    In that sense I think it's an acceptable exception since no real online play is involved, which is the main issue people have with online trophies. The randomness and dependency on other people to get a trophy for yourself is the root of hatred for online trophies. Not to mention standard online trophies are synonymous with time consumption.

    In regards to people referring to the list, there are also those who wouldn't mind this sort of trophy even though it is attained by being online. Reason being it requires no extra effort, and you know they have a connection since they already have the game.

    Anyway, those are just my thoughts, in the end it's up to you

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO