Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

List of PlayS3 Games That Only Require Offline Trophies to Earn Platinum

This is a discussion on List of PlayS3 Games That Only Require Offline Trophies to Earn Platinum within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Minarum DN has 1 online trophy that requires you to be online to update your stats for ...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    DN has 1 online trophy that requires you to be online to update your stats for your country. Contributor. So if you have 0 online access, you can not get the plat.
    Yea your right.

I'll triple check next time before I post.

Sig and Avy made by djunglist
    My Trophy Checklist

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    I know the point of the (PSN Download)

In the case of DN there is an online trophy as Minarum says, but not like other standard online trophies. It's just playing a game by yourself in single player and simply uploading the score after completing the level (it's automatic, and only have to do it once).

In that sense I think it's an acceptable exception since no real online play is involved, which is the main issue people have with online trophies. The randomness and dependency on other people to get a trophy for yourself is the root of hatred for online trophies. Not to mention standard online trophies are synonymous with time consumption.

In regards to people referring to the list, there are also those who wouldn't mind this sort of trophy even though it is attained by being online. Reason being it requires no extra effort, and you know they have a connection since they already have the game.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, in the end it's up to you
    The list is about whether you can achieve the platinum through offline mode. And as easy and dumb as the trophy is, you can not unless you are online.

Now take the case of where I have every game dl'ed onto my ps3 and I go over to my father in law's house for the week. He has no internet where he lives due to how high on a hill he lives, and he refuses to pay $6,000 to get a cable line run to his house from 70 feet away. I can't sign in to SEN unless I'm using my 3g connection off my phone, or his 4g connection. Without those, I can not earn the plat. Which is the point of the thread.
    August 2011 Trophy Competition Winner

PRO Member

Great thread, thanks! I wanted my next game to have 0 onine trophies

Sig by Smashguy

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

The list is about whether you can achieve the platinum through offline mode. And as easy and dumb as the trophy is, you can not unless you are online.

Now take the case of where I have every game dl'ed onto my ps3 and I go over to my father in law's house for the week. He has no internet where he lives due to how high on a hill he lives, and he refuses to pay $6,000 to get a cable line run to his house from 70 feet away. I can't sign in to SEN unless I'm using my 3g connection off my phone, or his 4g connection. Without those, I can not earn the plat. Which is the point of the thread.
    I completely understand what you are saying, no worries. I'm just saying it can be added for those who are NOT in a situation where you take your PS3 to a high hill with absolutely no internet connection at all. Which is why I am suggesting a special note or perhaps a separate list, for maybe a 'minimal effort online' plat.

For example on the flipside, some people have a usable internet connection on their PS3, but just hate playing online. They would completely overlook a game that has a single trophy requiring them to be online while they play normally.

As I have stated previously this is entirely optional and dependent on the OP if she would like to do that or not. I'm just saying there are people who are daunted by the fact they will heavily invested in online play, thus turn to SP only games. The whole point of my posting is just in good nature to provide the best info for anyone searching for it.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    I completely understand what you are saying, no worries. I'm just saying it can be added for those who are NOT in a situation where you take your PS3 to a high hill with absolutely no internet connection at all. Which is why I am suggesting a special note or perhaps a separate list, for maybe a 'minimal effort online' plat.

For example on the flipside, some people have a usable internet connection on their PS3, but just hate playing online. They would completely overlook a game that has a single trophy requiring them to be online while they play normally.

As I have stated previously this is entirely optional and dependent on the OP if she would like to do that or not. I'm just saying there are people who are daunted by the fact they will heavily invested in online play, thus turn to SP only games. The whole point of my posting is just in good nature to provide the best info for anyone searching for it.
    I'll agree with that.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Nice thread. Some of these games I didnt realize that they were single player offline.

DON'T BLINK

Skyrim (patched of course)

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

lol - you said SEN

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by d3m0nd00d View Post
    lol - you said SEN
    And? It's not PSN anymore o.O

You weak azz niggs

Add Gran Turismo 5. That can be done offline

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by grimydawg View Post
    Add Gran Turismo 5. That can be done offline
    You need to upload a photo online don't you?

You weak azz niggs

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Well you do have to be online with that one and the track one too actually. I did those so long ago I forgot about them

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    yeah you do need to do that, so you cant do this without a psn account.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Great list. It is incredibly helpful. It's nice to be able to immerse yourself in a game without having to worry about earning trophies on what tend to be broken and/or depopulated multiplayer modes.

I also really like Aipher's idea about having a new list with games that have only a few, easily achievable online trophies, like Borderlands or Uncharted II, although with how much time and effort these lists must take, I'll understand if no one jumps to make an entirely new one

Lvl 10 - Platinum

yeah multiplayer trophies are a bitch, does anyone know if the bfbc servers have been shut down permanently?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Fantastic idea - and very well researched. I tip my hat to you Sir!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

This is absolutely fantastic

Lvl 7 - Gold

Nice, nice!!! Very handy indeed. Gonna make use of this, hopefully this gets updated once in a while.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Great thread. I am currently so annoyed with competitive online trophies that I could *bleep*.

A few online trophies that make you sample the online offerings is fine. But making you (as an example) beat online "pros" 5 times in a row to get a game complete is just frustrating.

Yes, I'd like to see games on this list that have "friendly" online trophies.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

yes i have to get 10002 kills online in bfbc its so annoying

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast