Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 307

List of PlayS3 Games That Only Require Offline Trophies to Earn Platinum

This is a discussion on List of PlayS3 Games That Only Require Offline Trophies to Earn Platinum within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Aipher A few new ones: Game of Thrones Men in Black: Alien Crisis (There is multiplayer, but ...

  1. #161
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    A few new ones:

    Game of Thrones
    Men in Black: Alien Crisis (There is multiplayer, but looks like all trophies can be obtained offline - need confirmation)
    Ratchet & Clank
    Rune Factory Oceans
    The Walking Dead (PSN download)


    Also spotted some typos in the list:

    Asura's Warth : Asura's Wrath
    Guitar Hero - Van Helen : Guitar Hero - Van Halen
    Added:

    - Game of Thrones
    - Ratchet & Clank
    - Rune Factory: Oceans
    - The Walking Dead

    Didn't Add:

    - Men in Black: Alien Crisis

    I need confirmation also if there are online trophies or not. It seems like the trophy "Duelist" is an online trophy, but I could be wrong. It says "Complete all the Competitive maps in V.R. Missions", so I'm not adding it yet till I get confirmation.

    Fixed:

    -
    The typos lol

    Thanks for the help!



  2. #162
    PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!
    Chaotically-Epic's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mainly gaming on PC now.
    Posts
    2,905
    Reputation
    72

    Yay!, my voice was heard!
    Thread is officially.. official.

    Signature by DaRe_xLw





  3. #163
    Lvl 10 - Platinum


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    Reputation
    13

    Yay thats awesome, its sucha great thread!
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

  4. #164
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    363
    Reputation
    33

    Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    Didn't Add:
    - Men in Black: Alien Crisis
    I need confirmation also if there are online trophies or not. It seems like the trophy "Duelist" is an online trophy, but I could be wrong. It says "Complete all the Competitive maps in V.R. Missions", so I'm not adding it yet till I get confirmation.
    Good idea, will have to wait and see what those competitive maps really mean

    Another possible one:
    Dragon's Dogma - There is an online element for pawns (uploading/downloading), however it still needs confirmation if these trophies need to be done online, as the descriptions are a little vague:
    Foreign Recruit - Enlisted a pawn to your party from beyond the rift
    Philanthropist - Gave 50 presents


    In the meantime, offline plats:
    - Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (PSN download except for limited disc release in UK only)
    Has split screen co-op, but no co-op trophy, so only 1 controller needed also.
    - Ratchet & Clank 2

  5. #165
    Lvl 3 - Bronze
    AstaSyneri's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Münster, Germany
    Posts
    126
    Reputation
    3

    Great Thread/Original Post.
    Upcoming offline game: XCOM: Enemy Unknown. I'd be surprised if it contained online trophies.

  6. #166
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    CheapJuggler's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    411
    Reputation
    11

    Great to see this got a sticky finally... Nice work Mimi

  7. #167
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Rev6:8's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Reputation
    0

    Love ur guide!!! Hate the whole online thing just kills the platinum. Here are a couple u can add Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow!!

  8. #168
    Lvl 10 - Platinum


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    Reputation
    13

    This thread is so awesome, if i had only saw this when i chose to play games like bfbc or bfbc 2 or fwsa, dammit!
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

  9. #169
    ლ(ಠдಠლ)
    Aipher's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    363
    Reputation
    33

    Confirmed offline platinums:

    - Dragon's Dogma
    - Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (PSN Download except for limited disc release in UK only)
    - Ratchet & Clank 2
    - Men in Black: Alien Crisis (2 controllers needed for competitive V.R. missions)

    Was going to say Lollipop Chainsaw too, but it looks like you have to upload your scores to a global leaderboard.

  10. #170
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, I'm pretty sure.

    Here's the list: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...ophy-list.html

  11. #171
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    Rev6:8's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    Reputation
    0

    U could also included the 1st Bioshock, u don't need the DLC the get the platinum!

  12. #172
    Retired
    Undrey's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Afterlife Sahara Desert
    Posts
    2,271
    Reputation
    84

    I'm pretty sure Madagascar 3: The Video Game has no online trophies.

    Trophy list
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...ophy-list.html

  13. #173
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Games Added To The List:

    - Doctor Who: The Enternity Clock
    - Dragon's Dogman
    - Madagascar 3: The Video Game
    - Men in Black: Alien Crisis
    - Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

    Quote Originally Posted by Aipher View Post
    Confirmed offline platinums:

    - Dragon's Dogma
    - Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (PSN Download except for limited disc release in UK only)
    - Ratchet & Clank 2
    - Men in Black: Alien Crisis (2 controllers needed for competitive V.R. missions)

    Was going to say Lollipop Chainsaw too, but it looks like you have to upload your scores to a global leaderboard.
    Thanks! Added it to the list!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, I'm pretty sure.

    Here's the list: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...ophy-list.html
    Thanks! Added it to the list!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev6:8 View Post
    U could also included the 1st Bioshock, u don't need the DLC the get the platinum!
    Bioshock has been on the list for a very long time already lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    I'm pretty sure Madagascar 3: The Video Game has no online trophies.

    Trophy list
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/pl...ophy-list.html
    Thanks! Added it to the list!



  14. #174
    PRO Member
    10000 Days's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    103
    Reputation
    11

    Great thread MimiPRGameFreak! I remember msging u about no internet (my username was AGENT_P6 back then; i changed it after the site had the big data loss or whatever.) Anyway, ya super helpful.

    This may have been mentioned but the thread's too long to check so ill just throw it out there and if its a repeat post ill delete.
    Dead Space Extraction is Move compatible, but unless im mistaken u have 3 controller config options, 2 of which only require one controller.

    1: Motion controller
    2: Dualshock controller
    3: Motion + "Nunchuck" Navigation Controller

    In the in game pause menu, under the "how to play" option is where you will see tutorials for each of these three controller configs.

    To my knowledge a navigation controller is universally (works with any move compatible game) capable of being swapped out for a dualshock. ie in your right hand you could have a motion, and in left hand u could choose either navigation controller or hold the dualshock on the left half with ur left hand since the navigation uses L1 and L2 rather than R1 or R2.

    Anyhow, deadspace extraction does not require 2 controllers and even if ur using move, u could play with ONLY the motion controller, or ONLY the dualshock. If using the motion controller the psEye cam is required of course.

    Lastly, note that Dead Space Extraction seems to NOT be tied to a activation key as far as i know. So if u have no internet and want to play Dead Space Extraction, u could most likely buy a used copy of the limited edition and not have to pay money for a activation key.

    Edit: that last paragraph was already explained in the OP, but i wanted to point out the absence of an activation key with the limited edition since EA is notorious for their activation keys
    Last edited by 10000 Days; 06-05-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Lil detail, no biggie XD
    Steaming pile of helpful tips


  15. #175
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    Great thread MimiPRGameFreak! I remember msging u about no internet (my username was AGENT_P6 back then; i changed it after the site had the big data loss or whatever.) Anyway, ya super helpful.

    This may have been mentioned but the thread's too long to check so ill just throw it out there and if its a repeat post ill delete.
    Dead Space Extraction is Move compatible, but unless im mistaken u have 3 controller config options, 2 of which only require one controller.

    1: Motion controller
    2: Dualshock controller
    3: Motion + "Nunchuck" Navigation Controller

    In the in game pause menu, under the "how to play" option is where you will see tutorials for each of these three controller configs.

    To my knowledge a navigation controller is universally (works with any move compatible game) capable of being swapped out for a dualshock. ie in your right hand you could have a motion, and in left hand u could choose either navigation controller or hold the dualshock on the left half with ur left hand since the navigation uses L1 and L2 rather than R1 or R2.

    Anyhow, deadspace extraction does not require 2 controllers and even if ur using move, u could play with ONLY the motion controller, or ONLY the dualshock. If using the motion controller the psEye cam is required of course.

    Lastly, note that Dead Space Extraction seems to NOT be tied to a activation key as far as i know. So if u have no internet and want to play Dead Space Extraction, u could most likely buy a used copy of the limited edition and not have to pay money for a activation key.

    Edit: that last paragraph was already explained in the OP, but i wanted to point out the absence of an activation key with the limited edition since EA is notorious for their activation keys
    Thanks! Yeah I remember. I also offer to help you on Resident Evil 5 with Professional mode even though I already have platinum trophy.

    This hasn't been mentioned at all. I added the Move Controller Compatible on the list for Dead Space: Extraction.

    Now I put requires 2 dual shock controllers cause you need 2 of them in order to get that offline Co-Op trophy where you have to play a mission with someone. Like myself I only have 1 dual shock controller and I won't be able to get platinum until I buy another controller or borrow one. I don't have the Move or Nunchuck controller, so I'm still require to buy another controller.

    I know you don't need an activation key if you buy the limited edition. I meant to those who wants to only buy Dead Space: Extraction and not Dead Space 2 that they can buy it off the PS Store and download it without buying Dead Space 2.



  16. #176
    PRO Member
    10000 Days's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    103
    Reputation
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    requires 2 dual shock controllers cause you need 2 of them in order to get that offline Co-Op trophy where you have to play a mission with someone.
    My bad, I overlooked that trophy and misunderstood why u put "needs 2 controllers". You had it right before I piped in lol. Again, great thread I went about 3 years without internet so I know how frustrating it can be for a trophy hunter, always having to google trophy lists and search everywhere. Now people can just bookmark this thread if it applies to them and have a comprehensive list all centralized on a single web page
    Steaming pile of helpful tips


  17. #177
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    My bad, I overlooked that trophy and misunderstood why u put "needs 2 controllers". You had it right before I piped in lol. Again, great thread I went about 3 years without internet so I know how frustrating it can be for a trophy hunter, always having to google trophy lists and search everywhere. Now people can just bookmark this thread if it applies to them and have a comprehensive list all centralized on a single web page
    Lol, it's no problem. Yeah I went without internet for a couple of months. Well actually I never had internet except for dial up. I basically stole internet from my neighbors until they moved away. It is frustrating to look for games with offline platinum completely, so I did the whole work and made this thread.



  18. #178
    Lvl 10 - Platinum


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    Reputation
    13

    That's mad, lol. So you were a platinum hunter, without internet. You have decent internet now, your neighbours are gone?
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

  19. #179
    The Girl Gamer
    MimiPRGameFreak's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    536
    Reputation
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by curryboy14 View Post
    That's mad, lol. So you were a platinum hunter, without internet. You have decent internet now, your neighbours are gone?
    Yeah I was without internet. Since I only have dial up internet (my dad didn't want to upgrade due to family problems), I couldn't connect on my PS3. Luckily my neighbor didn't have their wifi password protected so I used their internet to get all the online trophies and to sync my trophies. Of course their internet disappear and didn't have internet at all for about 3 to 4 months myself, so I'm guessing they moved away since it hasn't came back at all. Good thing I was able to get all of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood online trophies by the time the internet disappear. I decided to look for games that are offline trophies only and made this list since you can't find a good full list at all. I'd still buy games that haves online trophy and said to myself I would get all the offline trophies and when I do get internet back, I quickly get all the online trophies as fast as I can. I finally got DSL and able to play online Christmas of last year. Now I have internet, but I still update this list cause I'm sure there are other gamers who doesn't have internet at all like I used too or just hate online trophies completely.



  20. #180
    Lvl 10 - Platinum


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by MimiPRGameFreak View Post
    Yeah I was without internet. Since I only have dial up internet (my dad didn't want to upgrade due to family problems), I couldn't connect on my PS3. Luckily my neighbor didn't have their wifi password protected so I used their internet to get all the online trophies and to sync my trophies. Of course their internet disappear and didn't have internet at all for about 3 to 4 months myself, so I'm guessing they moved away since it hasn't came back at all. Good thing I was able to get all of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood online trophies by the time the internet disappear. I decided to look for games that are offline trophies only and made this list since you can't find a good full list at all. I'd still buy games that haves online trophy and said to myself I would get all the offline trophies and when I do get internet back, I quickly get all the online trophies as fast as I can. I finally got DSL and able to play online Christmas of last year. Now I have internet, but I still update this list cause I'm sure there are other gamers who doesn't have internet at all like I used too or just hate online trophies completely.
    Yeah its great now, because sometimes my internet goes down, but i focus on online trophies first, so if internet goes down or game servers goes down i will already have the trophies, cause offline can be acheived wheneevr.
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO