Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resident designers says horror doesnt sell no more...

This is a discussion on Resident designers says horror doesnt sell no more... within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Resident evil designers are leading futher towards action based games after stating horror doesnt sell no more ..what do you ...

PRO Member

Resident designers says horror doesnt sell no more...

Resident evil designers are leading futher towards action based games after stating horror doesnt sell no more ..what do you say is it true has the horror in resident evil died for good?
    Resident Evil Series Needs More Action - Games News at IGN

Lvl 9 - Gold

I guess they don't really listen to their fans. Didn't they see that everybody was saying that RE5 was total crap because it wasn't scary? That was what it was keeping the series alive. Now it'll just turn into some generic third person shooter with unscary zombies.
    Platbar by Wadefan1

PRO Member

I agree the only fun I had on re5 was coop if they could make a scary re game with coop that would be awesome.

Revelations 19:16

I think dead space leads these modern day games in survival horror. I liked RE5, and in the link/statement it still says "the numbered resident evils will still have some of the traditional aspects."

Now, if they went full speed on what they did with operation: racoon city, then they have just lost a "western" player that they think they are trying to appease.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

PRO Member

I feel they need to bring the horror back. RE5 was good, but not survival-horror at all.

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    I think dead space leads these modern day games in survival horror.
    I definitely would agree with you on that. Main reason why I love those games!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Check Those Corners

They are extremely dumb. RE5 with the lights off scared the shit out of me with no one else home.

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    They are extremely dumb. RE5 with the lights off scared the shit out of me with no one else home.
    Lol really? Dead space had that effect on me, not RE5 so much. I mean, RE5 had its moments, but i think more of the survival horror aspect died with RE4.

RE2 scared the shit out of me, lol, that dam tyrant that came bursting through the walls at the most quiet times!
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by djthaiboxer View Post
    L

RE2 scared the shit out of me, lol, that dam tyrant that came bursting through the walls at the most quiet times!
    Yea that big guy which then is changed to nemesis doing the same thing in re3 that was harsh i think code veronica was on the right track for ammo was limited and made you use your knife or run like hell most of the time...

Local Drunk

Only because Resident Evil 5 sucked so much. Bring back the horror and see how it sells. It needs to be scarier than Dead Space.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

The One and Only

Looks like their wrong. Did they look at Dead Space?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Only because Resident Evil 5 sucked so much. Bring back the horror and see how it sells. It needs to be scarier than Dead Space.
    Scarier than Dead Space? I've never shit my pants so much and I've barely touched it.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 6 - Silver

no way i want another resident evil that will scare the crap outta me like the first resident evil did

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sounds like they are just tired of doing scary games, or don't know HOW to make their games scary anymore.

Harvester of Souls

Capcom are bunch of idiots working up there now... Whoever original team was back in day of first Onimusha and RE 1-Code Veronica need get back in there and kick the other guys in the nuts.. And if they are doing it themselves, then looks to me like they need to get to kicking their own asses.

Original RE games were some favorite of all time.. then started going with new virus parasite thing and lost scariness and I slowly got out of it. More Action? The action is the boss fights and gunning down huge enemies that fucking knocked through a wall and is chasing you the whole game with no clue when it will strike next OR when that licker is going to bust from vent and attack from behind. Just the original epicness and sure the game needed to evolve somewhat, but not a complete revamp to a new genre of game. Just make a new game, bases slightly off RE characters if you must, but don't dick up the story anymore. . Quite depressing seeing how games are going now adays anyways.. but my fav series slowly ruining themselves. FML all got to say and they all need to go to hell.

Side note: Dead Space is still pretty fucking epic and is so badass for scary fucking appeal to it since we ain't getting a RE to do it for us.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

INTJ

hur dur whats wrong with going with a wider audience derp herp

this is the equivalent of what they are doing with hitman absolution.

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    Scarier than Dead Space? I've never shit my pants so much and I've barely touched it.
    Exactly then Resident Evil can get more fans and bring some old ones back. I've only played Dead Space for about an hour cause I couldn't handle anymore it scared me that much.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

INTJ

dead space is low tier horror

go play amnesia then tell me dead space is scary.

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    dead space is low tier horror

go play amnesia then tell me dead space is scary.
    I have to agree with this because I'm not a fan of the survival horror genre. Why because I am a coward but Dead Space doesn't scare me for some reason.

Lvl 8 - Gold

LOL, I've read this yesterday.

How does he know the survival horror market is small when Capcom hasn't made a survival horror game since RE0? I'm sure that if they made a RE game true to it's roots that it would sell extremely well. Just because Call of Duty is doing well doesn't mean that every game on the market should be an action game. What happens when said market is over saturated with action games, and there is no variety? It crashes. They shouldn't be looking up to COD with profits in mind. That'll just lead to watered down games (more than they are now) to appease trigger happy gamers and in turn the series will die.

The downfall of RE started with RE4. It's a good game, just not a good RE game. I guess this means RE will never go back to it's roots.

Game on....

Dead Space and Silent Hill are games that i think are scary. Resident evil has never been scary apart from maybe the first game. The music in the first resi game really set the atmosphere perfectly and made running through the mansion and exploring the rooms tense. Especially exploring the labs towards the end of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast