PS3 problems

This is a discussion on PS3 problems within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; I really think this time my ps3 is dead. Problem is when i turn it on, nothing will show up ...

Big Boss

PS3 problems

I really think this time my ps3 is dead. Problem is when i turn it on, nothing will show up on the TV. I've tried turning it on and off using a differrent TV using different cables to connect to my tv, but to no avail. This started after my ps3 froze and i turned it off because it wouldnt respond. Any ideas on any fix is it well and truly screwed? Its a fat ps3 60gb backwards compat model if that makes a difference.

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

The One and Only

YLOD is right around the corner, and the only suggestion I have for ya is to take your PS3 for repairs. Too bad you can't back up your saves.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hey man. The fat backward compatibles are known to have problems. I had a fat 80gb that lasted only a year. You can try resurrecting it (check out ps3 ylod fix part1 gilksy - YouTube) but this is only a temporary solution. If you do get it working get your disc out and backup your saves immediately. After that you might get a little life out of it but long term you need a slim PS3. They are designed much better. Sony rushed the design of the PS3 and quality suffered. I have 3 slims now and all work fine.

PRO Member

Hmm that is strange that nothing shows up on the television. Maybe try vacuming your PS3 out. Maybe the dust is what caused it to overheat.

Sig by Bladia

Big Boss

I took my disc out already, i won't be able get my saves off the thing if i can't see what i'm doing on the screen on it. It won't get ylod cause i can't see so i can't play First i need to know if i can fix the display settings so it'll show the picture on my tele, ive tried the reset display settings by holding the power button too but no worky

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by connman88 View Post
    I took my disc out already, i won't be able get my saves off the thing if i can't see what i'm doing on the screen on it. It won't get ylod cause i can't see so i can't play First i need to know if i can fix the display settings so it'll show the picture on my tele, ive tried the reset display settings by holding the power button too but no worky
    Is there another TV available for you to use? Try one if so and see it if works there.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Big Boss

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Is there another TV available for you to use? Try one if so and see it if works there.
    Tried it on both my Tvs even with a scart and a component cable still nothing, i'll probably have to clean it like matt said.

MK Plat = Overrated

If you're PS3 is turning on but not displaying any image, you might want to take it to another PS3 an hook it up to each other via the ethernet ports. Then try to access the HDD with the working one so you can backup all of you files before fiddling with it. If the working PS3 cannot access the HDD of you fat one, you will have to either take it in to a repair shop or try and do it yourself. I always suggest doing it yourself just for the fact that you may pay somebody to work on it and they may only fix it temporarily and you're out $100. I suggest using YouTube as much as possible. That is how I figured out how to fix my PS3.

PRO Member

Professional PS3 Repairs and Apple Phone Repairs - Gophermods LLC They have done miracles on some of my friends fatties, I have 2 as well.
    If you need, i have a discount code that you can use. visit their page and get to know them.
    Good luck.
    PM if you need the code anyone.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

My suggestion is buy a new ps3

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by connman88 View Post
    I really think this time my ps3 is dead. Problem is when i turn it on, nothing will show up on the TV. I've tried turning it on and off using a differrent TV using different cables to connect to my tv, but to no avail. This started after my ps3 froze and i turned it off because it wouldnt respond. Any ideas on any fix is it well and truly screwed? Its a fat ps3 60gb backwards compat model if that makes a difference.
    I'm gonna say that it's possible that it's not YLOD, only because this happened once to me and I have a slim 160gb model. I went to go turn on the PS3 and no picture would show, no matter how much I tried to fiddle around with the cables. So I just let it be for the remainder of that day and the next day it was fine. The only thing I could suggest is to do what I did, leave it alone for a bit and then try it out again later to see if it works.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Big Boss

Well cleaning it didn't work, think anyone could link me a good video for me to use? or else i'll just have to try and get the saves off and buy a new one

PRO Member

Did you try the video reset? If you hold the power button when turning it on, it should beep again after a few seconds and the video/audio screen should come up. Give that a try.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Big Boss

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Did you try the video reset? If you hold the power button when turning it on, it should beep again after a few seconds and the video/audio screen should come up. Give that a try.
    Tried it, didn't work

PRO Member

Shit. That's no good then. When I had this problem, that ended up fixing it(80GB Fatty). Good luck man.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Big Boss

Nothing worked, Sony were of little help aswell and a cost of 110 to repair it, isn't worth it in my opinion for a 60gb phat ps3. So should i get a new one?

MK Plat = Overrated

Crack that bitch open! I bet your video connectors inside the PS3 are either dusty or shorting out due to overheating. Reflow that bitch! Remember to back up your data on another PS3 though (if it's still turning on). Otherwise you can just go out an buy yourself a new one if you have the funds and say to hell with your game saves. Or buy a new one and fix the old one in your spare time.