Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pax East 2012 Thread - April 6th to 8th

This is a discussion on Pax East 2012 Thread - April 6th to 8th within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ps360 seattle is the god throne of gaming i mean valve hq is right next to there ...

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    seattle is the god throne of gaming

i mean valve hq is right next to there in bellvue.
    Well it does take place in the summertime, I might have some chance to making it there.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

O_o

An insider, aye? Can't wait to hear some news.

INTJ

INTJ

ok so it's 3:30 am in the morning in boston, cant seem to sleep anymore, and i think my 3DS just got Randy Pitchford's Street pass while not leaving the hotel room (Edit: Looked up info on him and everything fits (His birthday is the same as the mii's and same type of face that he has in images.) I actually got his street pass.)

welcome to pax i guess
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-06-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Saints Row IV

Damn, i cant go there but i would enjoy going to the Ubisoft booth
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

INTJ

heard the ubisoft booth will be givin away t-shirts and shit

The Pc Gaming area will be givin away tons of beta keys for games like DOTA 2, Diablo 3 and such.

#cutformesa

If you want to pick me up a beta invite for Firefall, I'd love you forever. Either way, have some fun while you're there; I've always wanted to go to an event like this. Closest I ever came was playing Halo 3: ODST when they did that promo tour thing in an old GM truck.

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

INTJ

There's no beta invites for anything here (EDIT: There's actually beta invites to torchlight 2 and diablo 3, but it involves getting in a gigantic line to get one key so not worth it)

Also to get LoL skins i have to get in a very long line, for a game i hate.

Day two of pax

Heres the best decor of pax

http://www.imgur.com/FOHzD.jpg

Edit:

I just got one sivor skin thanks to people giving them out. Ill give it to the guy that asked later
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.

INTJ

Day 3 of Pax.

played diablo 3 and got a beta key for it (2 Actually out of pure luck but i sent one off to someone already and i activated mine), Played imo best game at pax, and saw assassins creed 3 gameplay (amazing. It looks like a completely new game almost if it wasn't for the usual assassins creed stuff.)

still trying to compete for this fruit ninja kinect contest, if i win i get a custom painted fruit ninja kinect xbox (almost had it today but i blew it because of one fucking bomb).

Nope, nothing

Day 3 of Pax.

played diablo 3 and got a beta key for it (2 Actually out of pure luck but i sent one off to someone already and i activated mine), Played imo best game at pax, and saw assassins creed 3 gameplay (amazing. It looks like a completely new game almost if it wasn't for the usual assassins creed stuff.)

still trying to compete for this fruit ninja kinect contest, if i win i get a custom painted fruit ninja kinect xbox (almost had it today but i blew it because of one fucking bomb).
    What are your honest opinions of Diablo III?

Kiwi Defender

and saw assassins creed 3 gameplay (amazing. It looks like a completely new game almost if it wasn't for the usual assassins creed stuff.)
    What does it have that makes it stand out?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

No Prey 2?

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    What are your honest opinions of Diablo III?
    the controls are easily the best thing about it. It's seriously the best control scheme in a while. not to mention the massive amount of budget that was obviously thrown into lore shit (every journal and thing you pick up thats readable is read by a voice actor. Everything that is said is voice acted (including stuff your character says and various pedestrians)), Just a ton of post-production quality really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    What does it have that makes it stand out?

The demo they showed us takes place at the battle of bunker hill, you can climb trees (and the trees actually look like trees, no parkour tree-objects), over hundreds of soldiers shooting at the us soldiers (and you) at once making tons of noise when it hits the rocks and ground. There's multiple paths now in story missions (You can take a stealth route or a action route for example, it isn't obvious what path goes where though.) a bit of parkouring in trees you found a small british patrol group and then hanged one of them in the trees (yes, hanged, with rope) , then used another as a human shield as they all shot at him. While they reloaded they were all taken out easily since connor is built to be constantly moving no matter what. There's also these new stealth areas. There's places like bushes and other places you think you can hide in that (if you move slowly) you can remain undetected no matter what. There's also running assassinations, Rock climbing, and more stuff i forgot probably.

if i pre-order the game at pax i get a exclusive t-shirt (looks cool but i dunno if it's worth it).

also i got a inflatable tomahawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Creditdue View Post
    No Prey 2?

not seen a thing about it.

also played borderlands 2 on the first day (Borderlands-quality awesome. Played co-op as Siren) and Aliens colonial marines multiplayer (the game is awesome), other fun things.

also they are doing this bioshock infinite promotion here where if you wear this stovepipe hat they give out you have a chance to acquire a limited edition invitation (out of 200) to go to the westin hotel and have a bigger chance to put your face and motion capture animations in the game. (I didn't sign a nda and heard it/ seen the limited edition shit from a guy who won, sue me 2k)

you also get a rare version of the cardboard stovepipe hat (also numbered).
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-08-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Kiwi Defender

The demo they showed us takes place at the battle of bunker hill, you can climb trees (and the trees actually look like trees, no parkour tree-objects), over hundreds of soldiers shooting at the us soldiers (and you) at once making tons of noise when it hits the rocks and ground. There's multiple paths now in story missions (You can take a stealth route or a action route for example, it isn't obvious what path goes where though.) a bit of parkouring in trees you found a small british patrol group and then hanged one of them in the trees (yes, hanged, with rope) , then used another as a human shield as they all shot at him. While they reloaded they were all taken out easily since connor is built to be constantly moving no matter what. There's also these new stealth areas. There's places like bushes and other places you think you can hide in that (if you move slowly) you can remain undetected no matter what. There's also running assassinations, Rock climbing, and more stuff i forgot probably.
    Well, I'll be damned. Those two and a half years it spent in development seem to have been worth it.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

INTJ

oh yea i forgot, the hud is completely rebuilt

the weapon choices and minimap are on the bottom and flipped now with a blue/white color scheme. no more black parts really.

also get some exclusive diablo 3 shit here for in-game use

http://reveal.diablo3.com

edit:

oh cool, some guy managed to get pictures out of the pax east booth (the compression makes the game look terrible-ish but the gameplay footage is amazing)

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/04/...ed-images.html

also reminds me there's actual crouching in the game too.
    Last edited by Ps360; 04-08-2012 at 12:50 AM.

INTJ

now that pax east is done i can easily say my favorite game of the whole convention is this

literally spent a whole hour playing this.

Nope, nothing

now that pax east is done i can easily say my favorite game of the whole convention is this

literally spent a whole hour playing this.
    That does look pretty damn fun

Is that your favourite from everything you saw, or just what you played?

INTJ

Favorite moments from pax east:

-discovered the card game Meta game, got the game and the expansion.

-Assassins creed 3.

-Aliens colonial marines

-The showdown effect

-finally got all 3 mega64 volumes and the 2012 convention dvd, they actually signed it for me when i asked.

-tribes ascend cardboard masks. best idea ever.

- Talked to alot of devs and stuff for games like fruit ninja and even randy pitchford from gearbox. they both are really nice people.

-free things

-Star Command, played a demo and it's like a fine blend of The Sims/Tycoon games/and combat. theres no free to play bullshit about it since you have to pay for it.

things i hated:

-Sony was a no show, i am guessing they have no games

-Valve was a no show, that was unexpected, but they had CS:GO Demos littered across pax east at booths and the PC Freeplay area, so whatever

-Blizzard was a no show, not that it was a bad thing, i just find it weird when their game is close to release.

-didn't really feel as big as last year

-all hopes and dreams destroyed from playing secret world

-cards against humanity was sold out before i managed to buy it. Their message when sold out was a piece of paper above their section saying "Cards against humanity is sold out forever. Fuck off"

-other things

Nope, nothing

-all hopes and dreams destroyed from playing secret world
    The game is bad?

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    The game is bad?
    i couldn't even attack (I pressed every key on the keyboard and mouse)

i asked a funcom dev guy who walked by and fixed a computer next to me for help but just blew me off

i took all the beta keys i could so no one can experience the crushing pain of disappointment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12