Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pax East 2012 Thread - April 6th to 8th

This is a discussion on Pax East 2012 Thread - April 6th to 8th within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Pax east is a gaming convention where Gamers go to to play/look at upcoming stuff and get free things. Pax ...

INTJ

Pax East 2012 Thread - April 6th to 8th

Pax east is a gaming convention where Gamers go to to play/look at upcoming stuff and get free things.

Pax east 2012 will take place around April 6th to April 8th.

Every major Game company is usually there. EA, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo are all there. Along with small store vendors who sell weird stuff and indie gamer companies. There's also a completely seperate section for tabletop games too.

Maps:
    http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/pax/resources/...2_Expo_Map.pdf

Events:
    PAX East - Boston, MA April 6-8, 2012

People that will be at the concert:

Supercommuter

Minibosses

Metroid Metal

Protomen

The list of indie games being shown at the boston indie showcase:

PAX East - Boston, MA April 6-8, 2012

I will be going, so if you need me to do something ill do it (maybe), i have a 3 day pass so i can do alot there (Might rush to the rockstar booth first thing because valve apparently doesn't have one this year).

edit:

if your going to ask me to get leauge of legends skins please don't. i already had a ton of people ask me.
    Last edited by Ps360; 03-29-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Indie Game Developer

I'm going this year too, only Saturday though. I didn't see too many good panels on Saturday though. Not sure what I'll be doing, but I'll be around.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

INTJ

I'll probably be stalking the big game booths followed by indie games.

Plats-O'-War!!

Damn, it's in Boston huh? , I may end up going myself.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Damn, it's in Boston huh? , I may end up going myself.
    the three day passes and saturday passes are sold out

you have to go either on friday or sunday

PRO Member

Although unlikely I'd love to hear that episode 3 & 4 of Penny Arcade's: On the Rainslick Precipace of Darkness is going back into development! I read the "ending" to the story on the penny arcade website, and it wasn't bad, but definately doesn't hold a candle to the laughs inspired by the PSN games themselves. Again I know it'll be unlikely, in fact highly improbable, but would definately be excited...

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

INTJ

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES PAX EAST LINEUP* Ubisoft has... – On The Level Gaming

Ubisoft has announced the titles that it’s bringing to PAX East (April 6-April 8): Assassin’s Creed 3, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and several iOS titles.

Attendees have a chance to view exclusive gameplay footage for Assassin’s Creed 3, while Far Cry fans can get a tribal design inspired by Far Cry 3 tattooed on themselves by Suze of Hourglass Tattoo Parlor. If you don’t want to get inked, Ubisoft will also have a mohawk station setup on Saturday and Sunday.

Here’s a list of the playable titles:

Far Cry 3
    Mad Riders
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier
    Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Online
    I Am Alive
    Babel Rising (iOS)
    Monster Burner (iOS)
    MotoHeroz (iOS)
    Prince of Persia Classic HD (iOS)

INTJ

Borderlands 2 will be at PAX East! (Update) -Destructoid

[Update: 2K has informed us that Borderlands 2 will have a presence at PAX East, but it's not necessarily going to be playable. 2K Games will be issuing an official statement detailing exactly what of Borderlands 2 fans will be able to check out. Sorry for the confusion.]

Borderlands 2 will be at the 2K booth next week!

Additionally, Spec Ops: The Line will be playable and 2K will be holding theater style presentations for XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Civilization V: Gods & Kings at their booth. Plus, Gearbox is hosting a panel discussing their upcoming lineup on April 8 at 4:30PM in the Manticore Theater.

Can't make it to PAX East and want that Borderlands 2 fix? We have a hands-on preview and interview on Borderlands 2 hitting the site early next week!

http://www.destructoid.com/harmonix-...t-224718.phtml

Eagle-eyed fans may have already spotted this, but tucked away in Harmonix's PAX East panel description is confirmation that the Rock Band makers are set to have a brand new game on display at the show next week:

The panel will include gameplay examples from internal prototypes, honest discussion of our design process successes and failures, insight into how we create and test our games in development, and a synopsis of the design history of a title on public display for the very first time at the Harmonix booth.
    What could the new game be?! My journalism senses are telling me it's a rhythm game of some sort. I'm like, 57% sure of it! We'll know for sure early next week, and PAX goers can find out more at the Harmonix panel starting at 10:30AM on Saturday in the Manticore Theatre.

http://www.destructoid.com/pax-get-b...h-224675.phtml

Yes, bacon bracelets. It's not real bacon, but it will make you 100% cooler than everyone else. And constantly hungry. Probably.

Other than the coolest piece of swag, Uber Entertainment will be showcasing Super MNC at their PAX East booth this year. There will be daily tournaments where winners will get stuff like access to the beta, shirts, beanies and more.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is going to be a constant stench of bacon coming out of the Uber booth, either.

http://www.destructoid.com/check-out...t-224619.phtml

Remember Firefall? That game I've been talking about for what seems like forever? Well, Red5 is going to be at PAX East showing it off for attendees. It will be the first public demo of the invite-only beta. Anyone who shows up to play will get permanent invites to the free-to-play open world FPS. That means you will get early access and have a leg-up when the game launches later this year.

So if you're in the area of the Boston Convention Center... and you already have tickets to PAX East, you should probably check it out. It was the talk of the con at PAX Prime, and I've had a great time with the game so far.

http://www.destructoid.com/twisted-p...--222464.phtml

Wanna go to PAX East but missed the boat on the three-day passes? Now's your chance! Our friends at Twisted Pixel are looking for eight gnarly gamers to chaperon their booth for the duration of the event, and you probably qualify!

The prerequisites are simple:
    Be 18
    Like their games
    Enjoy talking about their games with other gamers
    Assuming you fit the bill (and can manage your own travel arrangements), you can expect to spend about half of each day at the booth conversing with Twisted Pixel fans and pressing A to 'splode; the rest of the time is yours to spend however you'd like! In addition to the obvious perks (you're going to PAX for free!), you'll also receive:

An exhibitor badge, which gives you VIP access to the entire show
    A free copy of Twisted Pixel's next game (TBA)
    A free Twisted Pixel "Booth Chaperon" t-shirt
    Beverages and snacks (OMG maybe that means Mtn Dew!)
    That shirt alone makes this worth the minimal effort if you ask me, but I'm a sucker for swag. If this sounds like a gig you might be into, click here for more info! Good luck, future booth babes and bros!

INTJ

WB bringing Lollipop Chainsaw, Witcher 2 and more to PAX -Destructoid

It was last PAX East where Lollipop Chainsaw debuted to the masses and it's going to be this PAX East where we get just one more last look before the release this June. The game has come a long way since last PAX and I can't wait for the final product.

That's not all! Warner Bros will also have Mortal Kombat for the PlayStation Vita, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition, The Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons & Dragon Online: Menace of the Underdark expansion pack all at the show.

Square Enix announces PAX East lineup, includes Hitman: Absolution panel | Regina Leader-Post

PAX East attendees are invited to preview and play the following Square Enix titles:

Sleeping Dogs™ – the free-roaming, undercover thriller set in Hong Kong’s Triad underworld will feature a playable demo that encapsulates the game’s combat, narrative, driving and open world elements.

THEATRHYTHM™ FINAL FANTASY® – the first-ever music-themed title that commemorates the FINAL FANTASY franchise’s 25th anniversary merges rhythm and role-playing game genres.
    Quantum Conundrum™ – show attendees will be among the first members of the community to playthe first-person environmental puzzle game from Airtight Games and Kim Swift, co-creator of Portal.

HEROES OF RUIN™ – visitors who demo the epic action-adventure title for Nintendo 3DS™ system can receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win their very own Nintendo 3DS™ system; those who upload photos of themselves with hero weaponry props (available at booth) to their own Facebook page can earn another raffle ticket for the drawing.

WAKFU® – the recently launched MMORPG from Ankama Studios offers attendees the chance to demo 12 available classes. Upon request, the first 1,500 visitors will receive an exclusive PAX East in-game item, as well as two weeks of free premium game time. Fans will also be eligible to spin the WAKFU Prize Wheel for a chance to win branded merchandise.

Risen 2: Dark Waters™ – player decisions will help shape their world in the next installment of Deep Silver’s open world RPG. Featuring a swashbuckling pirate theme, a hands-on demo awaits intrepid buccaneers at the Square Enix booth.

Additionally, Square Enix will host an exclusive evening panel, featuring a gameplay demo and Q&A session with IO Interactive for the much-anticipated fifth entry in the classic HITMAN® franchise, HITMAN: ABSOLUTION™. Panel details include:

Speaker: Roberto Marchesi (Art Director, IO Interactive)
    Day / Time / Location: Saturday, April 7, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Manticore Theater

now i can determine if hitman absolution is truly 100% shit.

No Matter What

I want to see some Max Payne 3 & Aliens Colonial Marines, that is all..

.... OK maybe some Bioshock or Assassin's Creed 3...

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Why is PAX so close to E3?

Signature by DaRe_xLw

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Why is PAX so close to E3?
    because pax is the kool kids club while e3 is the circlejerk convention

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    because pax is the kool kids club while e3 is the circlejerk convention
    lol alright then.
    It Just made me think what could possibly be different (new / reveals / coverage etc) between the two over that time span.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

The One and Only

Damn you East Coast

Oh well, at least the West Coast has E3.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Chuck Norris Approved.

Ps360 far as I know Trendy the makers of Dungeon Defenders will be there. See if you can gather any info they may have and let me/us know. Thanks.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Damn you East Coast

Well... At least you actually HAVE a convention... I can just sit and stall here in Denmark.

If I were going to Pax East, I would probably go to the small booth for Indie games and Small studio games as that hipster I am .

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Well... At least you actually HAVE a convention... I can just sit and stall here in Denmark.

If I were going to Pax East, I would probably go to the small booth for Indie games and Small studio games as that hipster I am .
    It's just as bad if you can't go to the popular conventions that's about 30 minutes away from your house because of school.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

INTJ

Damn you East Coast

there's also a west coast Pax.

PAX Prime

Every August in seattle.

as i said, Pax is the kool kids klub

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    there's also a west coast Pax.

PAX Prime

Every August in seattle.
    Meh, Seattle isn't any better. At least I live relatively nearby where E3 is. :/

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

INTJ

Meh, Seattle isn't any better. At least I live relatively nearby where E3 is. :/
    seattle is the god throne of gaming

i mean valve hq is right next to there in bellvue.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...e&ved=0CAkQ_BI

i may go to pax prime this year too, dunno.

If i do im totally emailing valve and askin them for a tour (yea they do tours if you ask).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast