Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do you love trophies?

This is a discussion on Why do you love trophies? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Just curious why everyone loves trophies. I'll start it off . . . I love trophies because it helps me ...

Synthwave <3

Why do you love trophies?

Just curious why everyone loves trophies. I'll start it off . . . I love trophies because it helps me get to know games better. If there weren't trophies I might not discover certain parts of a game and miss out on something. I also enjoy having something that I can show off to fellow gamers so they can see what games I've played and which ones I took the time to Platinum or 100%. I think some of the most rewarding trophies I've unlocked were rare ones that took a lot of practice and time to get. I guess one of the final things that I enjoy is hearing the "bing!" go off when a trophy unlocks. That's music to my ears!

Now it's your turn. Why do you love trophies?

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

Lvl 3 - Bronze

actually i dont really care about trophies but its a nice way to see how your progress in a game.

Gotham's Reckoning

Here are some my reasons why I enjoy trophy hunting (I say some because there are bound to be reasons for me liking trophy hunting that I can't think of off the top of my head):

1. Extends the life of a game
    2. Lets me do stuff that I otherwise would never have bothered with before such as easter egg trophies.
    3. Makes a fun game even more enjoyable.
    4. Gives me a feeling of accomplishment especially if it is a rare plat.

And lastly..

5. Because I like hearing the unforgettable "ding" sound when a trophy pops .

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Here are some my reasons why I enjoy trophy hunting (I say some because there are bound to be reasons for me liking trophy hunting that I can't think of off the top of my head):

2. Lets me do stuff that I otherwise would never have bothered with before such as easter egg trophies.

And lastly..

Dat .

Platinum Procrastinator

And lastly..

I agree with that somewhat. However, there are often times when I hate trophies because they make me do something I would never do like go for 10,000 kills online in Resistance 2 or find "x" number of items is certain games for no reason.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

A plat a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I agree with that somewhat. However, there are often times when I hate trophies because they make me do something I would never do like go for 10,000 kills online in Resistance 2 or find "x" number of items is certain games for no reason.
    I hear ya! R2 was a prime example of that! However those trophies are "do-able" albeit long and grinding.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sense of fulfillment, something to strive for and well some evil power inside me who makes me go after those fucking collectables or insane long playthroughs over 3 times. I'm a screwed up boy!

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

PRO Member

I guess i would say that i like to be able to see the things i have done. I can remember playing the precursor legacy and trying to find everything, now that it has trophies i can go back and do it but this time i will have a record that i can prove to my friends i found everything. On some games i hate certain trophies like everyone else but most of all i can i am a level 13 gamer so that is an accomplishment i have proof to show. Yes i wake up at night sometimes hearing that Ding in my dreams like everyone else, but im not addicted to it or anything i just like it a lot?

This _ _ _ _ is getting Serious!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Like its been said, It's all about the DING! And the self reassurance of accomplishment.

Game on....

Yes, for example i am playing Soul Calibur V and one of the trophies requires over 87,600 m in total movement distance in battle. Which is a pure grind, even using the tips on youtube to help, it is still a grind.

Lvl 4 - Silver

1st of all I get the feeling of accomplishment from it.
    2nd I feel that if I get the trophy then I have done that the game development team have intended for me to do( in most cases).
    3rd It nearly always expands the gameplay for me. Of course in some few cases it shortens it but the expanding over comes the shortening
    4th it helps me try out new games. Since in most games the trophies help show you the way through story mode I at least know I'm doing something right if I have no idea what I'm doing. also if I don't like the game then the one or two trophies I have earned at least make the money a bit more worth while.
    5th Showing other players that I have played certain games and that in some cases I can do what they couldn't (or they could do what I couldn't)
    6th (finally) the ding sounds epic

However I don't like stupid trophies like Bling Brigade in Wipeout HD where you will just never do the trophy unless you Boost it. Collectables can also Annoying but provided it isn't like 10 hours with a guide or you would find most of them just by playing the game
    Last edited by Doomlor0; 03-27-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: More to say

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have to get 100% in all my games, or else it will keep bothering me, and that ding sound has to be in my top 5 favorite sounds of all time.

PRO Member

And lastly..

I definitely agree with this.

This is also a good point.

It really all boils down to having fun with my games, I mean why play it if you don't have fun? Of course, there is also a fulfilling sense of accomplishment by doing the requirements to earn a platinum which is nice too

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 6 - Silver

for me it prolongs the enjoyment of a game.... challenges I can obtain post stomping the game... keeps it fun... without trophies I wouldn't have done what I've done on the games I've platted... like playing through 3d Dot Game Heroes more than once... or maxing out the Giga Sword... also.. I'm a braggart ... I like showing off how good I am at something..

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by sieg_valentine View Post
    actually i dont really care about trophies but its a nice way to see how your progress in a game.
    i shall use this quote as a reply.

worlds biggest welch fan

I like trophy's because it keeps track of when you got it and how many people have accomplished them and of course the Ding sound the sound of success.

game it up Ps3 for life.

nevets over and out.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

Beast Incarnate

And lastly..

This. Except number 5 would definitely be number 1

Saints Row IV

1) It extends game life
    2)I'll learn and do things i never knew
    3)I has an extremely amazing ding sound
    Epic avatar by PixieOfDarkness!
    Epic signature by spanishstoat

Click on my Signature to check my website

WHO DAT!!!!

i have always played the game on the hardest difficulties possible. With the trophy system, all my accomplishments are now recorded. Also with trophies, i tend to get the full experience out of the game and my money's worth. In lieu of beating it and being done. And last and definately the greatest thing about trophies is the sound PLUUURRRING! and after a long or hard grind, that sound is second best sound in the world. the only better sound is the ones our women(or men depending) make!!

The One and Only

I used to love trophies because the game I was collecting trophies from were fun, and just collecting trophies in general was fun to do. After a while I lost interest in it, but I only go for trophies for games if I like it. Game enjoyment goes before trophies for me.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast