Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Electronic Arts is the worst company in america

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts is the worst company in america within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Worst, No Most hated, Maybe...

In2
    January MOTM

Worst, No
    Most hated, Maybe

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    I don't see them developing games, so how can they be responsible for destroy the games, and not the devs?
    forced time schedules (YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THIS GAME BY THIS DATE OR ELSE) and ripping content out of the game to market them as dlc.

PRO Member

I don't necessarily hate EA, but I do agree that some of their business practices are beyond shady.
    An example of this would be if someone purchased Skate 3 (new mind you) it comes with an online pass, which is now invalid because EA determined that people should have bought the game closer to release. But if someone bought the game at launch and did not redeem their online pass packaged within the game it is invalid because they didn't redeem it soon enough. My gripe is some people (such as myself) do not immediately start games, so that they won't have alot of open games, that they don't consider complete distracting them, and therefore bounce back and forth between games. So they backlog the title, EA is making those people pay an extra $10 for the "right" to use their online servers when in fact they paid for that "right" initially (and even those who bought the game later are still putting money in EA's pocket, therefore I'm not sure what their reasoning is behind invalidating said online pass)

Worst company though...? yea probably not...

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    forced time schedules (YOU HAVE TO RELEASE THIS GAME BY THIS DATE OR ELSE) and ripping content out of the game to market them as dlc.
    You've got no prove whatsoever of that, though. It's nothing but speculation on your part.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Closing this account

when it comes to EA non-american version of certain games, they kinda suck donkey balls. how can you publish a game and have it work correctly if you only buy the us version. i cant use my online pass on none of my asian version games. wth?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Lol I believe that title!

Quartercircle Forward.

They do make great games but what I really hate are the online passes That's the only thing I can really complain about..

Sigs & Beyond [Requests].
    Want a Sig/Banner/Avatar? Click here!

Giftage
    Thanks Guys! <3

deviantART
    Awesome Sig Gifted by Prosthetic. Epic avatar by Kid420247.

-My Soul Calibur V Match Thread!-

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    EA Black Box makes Need for Speed games.

EA Sports make Madden games.

That's the only two examples I can some up with off the top of my head, so they can be responsible for ruining games.
    EA Sports is the publishing brand for Madden games. They're made by Tiburon, which is one of EA's first-party studios.

Similarly, Black Box Games was an independent studio before being purchased by EA. Black Box still makes the Need for Speed games, they just have an EA in front of their name nowadays. Also...Need for Speed Hot Pursuit was made by Criterion.

Regardless, I dislike EA's policy of shutting down game servers, particularly EA Sports, who will never get another cent from me. It's always pissed me off that games moved away from local in-game servers to remote publisher-controlled servers for multiplayer gaming.

INTJ

You've got no prove whatsoever of that, though. It's nothing but speculation on your part.

happened to halo 2 (i know ea didn't publish it, just using it as a example of what publishers do).

bungie even said so. it's why it had a terrible cliffhanger. Everything that was going to be in halo 2 got put into halo 3.

also mass effect 3 is victim of the dlc issue.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyW318 View Post
    EA is the most a******ish company ever and i hope they win. But why are Sony and Best Buy even on the list?
    Since it's user voted, I'm sure Sony is voted for by Xbox fan boys and people still boohooing over the PSN hack. Then there's those disgruntled about online passes and other issues Sony has control over.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

#cutformesa

Anyone else enjoying the fact that this is a Facebook poll, and Facebook is one of the nominated finalist companies?

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by D1mech View Post
    They do make great games but what I really hate are the online passes That's the only thing I can really complain about..
    i agree with you. at least am not the only one that feels the same about online passes.

MK Plat = Overrated

Some are missing the point here. It has nothing to do with what they produce/publish. It has to do with business practices. I do believe that EA doesn't deserve to win. WalMart has that one in the bag. However, they do deserve a top five nomination. They started the whole online pass which is now spreading to other gaming companies. Shutting down servers two years (or even less in some cases) is inexcusable. Pulling pieces out of games to make them into DLCs or to force a sequel is an abomination. I wish you people would stop supporting them, however, I know that isn't going to happen.

I, for one, will never support EA again. I have one of their games, Brutal Legends, of which I didn't even know was published by EA. Fortunately, from what I've been told, it is Double Fine that runs the online. As shitty as the BL online is, I'm happy EA isn't running it. Never will I support a company like EA or those who follow their business practices, such as Mortal Kombat's Ed Poon....I mean Boon. FUCK YOU EA!

Lvl 7 - Gold

only thing i like about EA is that they publish great games nothing else lol

PRO Member

The actual article:

http://consumerist.com/2012/03/the-8...ite-bunch.html

It'd be surprising if EA, Best Buy or Sony win. Then again, new and oldfags will rig the results.
    Sony and Best Buy have already lost. As has Apple and Netflix.

The 8 companies left in the voting:

- EA
    - Paypal
    - Walmart
    - Ticketmaster
    - Comcast
    - AT&T
    - Facebook
    - Bank of America

Honestly, Bank of America SHOULD WIN THIS

There is not a company on this planet worse than Bank of America in regards to the criteria being considered (PR/Customer Service)

happened to halo 2 (i know ea didn't publish it, just using it as a example of what publishers do).

bungie even said so. it's why it had a terrible cliffhanger. Everything that was going to be in halo 2 got put into halo 3.
    I have friends who work out in Cali as Game Devs... One of them has worked for EA.

They do this.

Of course its not as bad as you are making it out to be, the reality is at a certain point in time you actually have to release a game.

Those schedules vary from game to game. Working on a Madden game is COMPLETELY different from working on a new IP or even something like Mass Effect/Dead Space.

also mass effect 3 is victim of the dlc issue.
    Not all of the From Ashes DLC is on the disc.

You posted that guide awhile back that was removed, but if you actually change that file... What you get isn't From Ashes.

only ones i can think of in recent memory were bf3, mass effect, and mirrors edge.
    And Dead Space...

And Bulletstorm...
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by In2 View Post
    Worst, No
    Most hated, Maybe
    My username is AizawaYuuichi, and this is my favorite post in the thread.

Local Drunk

I don't hate EA at all. I enjoy their games, although I don't like all this online pass crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    Anyone else enjoying the fact that this is a Facebook poll, and Facebook is one of the nominated finalist companies?
    Ha ha yeah.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

EA publishes great games but they turned into business way more it is needed.
    What we could expect from them is beside beeing a major company in the game development industry, a company which put the gamers before the profits..

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    If EA did not publish awesome games, I would never buy a game from them ever again!
    No shit, that's like saying if they never released another game, you'd never buy a new EA game

--

EA hate is old, way old, and way off now

The main problem for me was the way they handle sports games, this is now (From what I can tell anyway) completely different, with significant changes coming in each year (again with the EA sports games that I play) and the only people complaining about them making them into yearly franchises, are the people that don't play them. They cater for the audience that they have, and give the customer what they want.

They have produced some of the best games of this generation, and some of the biggest surprises. There I said it.

The only downsides I see, are the online passes which make me avoid renting their games, and inevitably buying them reduced, meaning I miss out on the experience when it first comes out. And the removal of online servers is a bit weak, especially for games without a sequel

Worst company in america? I think not

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Curb View Post
    I am. Because we all know a Facebook poll is the epitome of a fair, unbiased way to take the temperature of society.

(/sarcasm)

Are you telling me the New York Times didn't have one of their famous, "unbiased" polling units available to handle this one?
    (this space intentionally left blank)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast