Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Electronic Arts is the worst company in america

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts is the worst company in america within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree You haven't dealt with Time Warner then. I would gladly go back to Comcast if I ...

derezzed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-In-A-Tree View Post
    You haven't dealt with Time Warner then.
    I would gladly go back to Comcast if I could just to get away from Time Warner.

Not saying Comcast is great or anything.....just nowhere near as bad as TWC. Still waiting for the NFL Network......
    Spending most of my life in Comcast land, I couldn't be happier with TWC. I would rather go back to not having cable than deal with that Comcast shiat again.

That being said, if Walmart doesn't win, then there's some major butthurt rigging going on in this bracket.

Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.
    Self-Indulgence|How to Ban|ExDesigns

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

i rarely have any EA games maybe 2 or 3 tops, never really been into there titles
    now that i think about it i wonder which company i have games from most..ill be right back
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 9 - Gold

I bet Capcom is on the list too
    Damn DLC

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Plat. Blackjack Warrior

NYC, NY ( Or where the Navy sends me :-D)

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_leyenda View Post
    I bet Capcom is on the list too
    Damn DLC
    Oh i'm pretty sure they are SOMEWHERE, lol. Really don't like how this company can't get enough of revised versions Street Fighter 2 & MvC 3 games. Why can't they make Megaman for a change?

Playing: Final Fantasy 14
    Latest /100%: Saint Rows 4
    Next Platinum/100% Goal: FF 14 (going to a LONG haul...)
    CLAN/GUILD: KUPO KNIGHTS - SARGATANAS SERVER
    LINK: http://kupoknights.guildwork.com/

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka View Post
    That being said, if Walmart doesn't win, then there's some major butthurt rigging going on in this bracket.
    Bank of America makes Walmart look like Valve.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Bank of America makes Walmart look like Valve.
    Gauss, I agree with you that BofA is a piece of shit. I opened up a checking account with the once about 10 years ago....maybe more. It lasted three weeks. So yes, I know how bad they are. Where I don't agree with you is how you can think in any way they are worse than WlMart. I'll give you some prime examples of why WalMart is the world's biggest piece of shit company. They endorse pollution, child endangerment, anti-American manufacturing, child labor, poor employee treatment, destruction of small business.... and the list goes on. BofA just has crappy customer service.

Also, I cannot believe you are defending EA. They are the biggest pieces of shit ever. They have to be the WalMart equivalent of gaming. It's sad that people like you continue to encourage their horrific business practices.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post

The 8 companies left in the voting:

- EA
    - Paypal
    - Walmart
    - Ticketmaster
    - Comcast
    - AT&T
    - Facebook
    - Bank of America

Honestly, Bank of America SHOULD WIN THIS

Bank of america won too many times And is inducted into the hall of fame.

let the new guy win

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    let the new guy win
    lol.

All of those companies are pretty awful, personally I think Walmart is the worst followed by BoA then AT&T right after that.

I don't mind EA, I enjoy the games I purchase that they made... and they are generally new so I don't have to worry about Online Passes and whatnot...
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

Kiwi Defender

let the new guy win
    If Bank of America deserves to win, it should, regardless of there being new challengers.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Let me rephrase my statement. It's not their games that make them one of the worst...it's their ideas, which are good for them, not for gamers. (i.e. shutting down servers, online passes, etc.)

I'm not saying I agree/disagree with those points, just that's probably why they're up there.
    EA is trying to get residuals on used games by putting an on-line pass required so if you want to play on-line then pay for it cause those servers are not cheap and that's another reason why companies close some servers. If the game is dying based on community playing on-line or it's a couple years old then they will close them. I just feel if they close the servers on games that have platinum trophies that you should still be able to get the plat even if the servers are closed and instead just have the plat but show that it's not 100%.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    BofA just has crappy customer service.
    They also were one of the spearhead banks that started the economic downturn by adopting the predatory lending practices and being a full-force adopter behind Clinton and Fannie Mae's vision of 100% financing.

They take advantage of their borrowers through their lending practices, to the point where many of their mortgages (if you go direct to them) allow them to foreclose on you before even the mortgage says its ok by preventing you from suing them. This has been a major problem in FL in particular, as they have foreclosed on houses before issuing mandated 30-day warnings. They also were accused by the State of Arizona of defrauding homeowners through fraudulent re-financing options.

Oh yeah, they also defrauded various schools and hospitals in the US by selling them bonds that were technically fraudulent/illegal. They actually settled with the US Government to avoid being shut down as a result of this (mind you they paid back only about 15% of the damage they caused).

They also invest alot of money in non-clean energy sources and then lie on documents trying to claim credits for clean energy investment credits (i.e. they invested in coal wholesale and didn't verify it was "clean coal" ventures, then tried to claim clean energy investment credits)...

To say BoA just has crappy customer service is just plain blind...

I know full well what Walmart does, and you also forgot to mention that their CEO makes more money per hour than any entire store he owns.. Heck he makes more in an hour than most of his employees do in a year.

BoA is still worse.

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    Also, I cannot believe you are defending EA. They are the biggest pieces of shit ever. They have to be the WalMart equivalent of gaming. It's sad that people like you continue to encourage their horrific business practices.
    I don't remember defending EA... Atleast not in the sense that they are a good company.

There is a difference between me saying that they are a good company or don't do anything wrong (which I didn't say) and me saying they aren't as bad as the other 7 companies on this list, publish some good games, employ alot of the same poor employee relation practices the rest of the industry does (reality check: Game developers work 60+ hour work weeks during development no matter who they work for), and holding people accountable for their accusations.

There is a big gray area here, companies don't exist in extremes. They aren't either best. company. ever or out to eat babies, rape your mother, and steal your money.

Let me be clear: They are a bad company, they aren't in the same class as Walmart, BoA, Comcast, AT&T, etc though. Comparing them to Walmart is beyond over-reactionary. EA is just a pretty typical "bad company," they do quite a few good things but they fuck up royally frequently, they don't really do a whole lot that has any lasting damage and they don't do damage that extends beyond their industry like Walmart, BoA, Facebook, Paypal, etc.

I'd actually argue that EA is the best company of the 8 on this list, now thats like being the healthiest morbidly obese person, but I'd argue them and Ticketmaster are the 2 best companies on this list.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.

INTJ

EA has beaten comcast (EA had 66% of the votes)

they are now in the top 4 worst companies in america

Tomorrow at noon is when you can vote AT&T vs EA.

i really wanna see how well EA squirms when they win this.

piece of shit company even offered a fucking BF3 Shortcut addon. they can go fuck themselfs.

DON'T BLINK

Just look now, they doing anything? You honestly think a facebook poll is gonna make them go "Holy SHIT! Guys, we've been doing it wrong all along! We repent!." Get the fuck out of here.

This poll has as much chance of them doing anything about it as a website devoted to lowering gas prices.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    Just look now, they doing anything? You honestly think a facebook poll is gonna make them go "Holy SHIT! Guys, we've been doing it wrong all along! We repent!." Get the fuck out of here.

they banned someone off the EA forums for posting about it

they care.

http://consumerist.com/2012/03/menti...violation.html

the Consumerist is a massive blog. this isn't just some tiny poll, companies that are put on there try to deliberately sabotage the standings so they will lose in the polls.

PRO Member

Interesting update...thanks for that.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

INTJ

oh and some added fun here's every metacritic account ea uses to bombard user scores for their games

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Why isn't Activsion on there, they're on the same level as EA. I hope Activision didn't bribe whoever created that picture.
    <3 Girls Generation/SNSD!!!

PRO Member

they banned someone off the EA forums for posting about it

they care.

Mentioning Worst Company In America In EA Forum Is Apparently A Terms Of Service Violation - The Consumerist

the Consumerist is a massive blog. this isn't just some tiny poll, companies that are put on there try to deliberately sabotage the standings so they will lose in the polls.
    Big differences behind some mod on EA forums banning someone and the actual company caring

I'm interested as to why paypal are up there? Am I missing something?

Eat My PewPew Lasers! >.<

piece of shit company even offered a fucking BF3 Shortcut addon. they can go fuck themselfs.
    I have to agree with this...
    It's just a flesh wound.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koimia View Post
    This poll has as much chance of them doing anything about it as a website devoted to lowering gas prices.
    Wouldn't go that far, this blog is a bit... militant and over-reactionary... but make no mistake this blog is one of the biggest consumer advocacy sites on the web.

I am sure EA doesn't care about alot of stuff, but trust me when I say they know about this blog.

oh and some added fun here's every metacritic account ea uses to bombard user scores for their games

Toggle Spoiler

Do you have any proof these are EA accounts and not just fanboys? Just by clicking the first few dozen it seems to me like you just picked everybody who reviewed ME3, gave it a 10, and only had ME3 in their review history.

More to the point, why does this surprise you? You think EA haters don't do the same thing? No, I'm not saying 4chan or reddit or some other site, I am saying there are plenty of sites out there and people out there who care so fucking much about keeping down EA they would do the same.

Fanboys are fanboys for a reason, they aren't rational whether they are pro or anti something.

User reviews on Metacritic are untrustable and unreliable. PERIOD.

Without verification that the user owns the product, I don't want to read their thoughts.

ME3 is littered with just as many 2 sentence 0/1 reviews as it is 9/10 reviews from people who only have 1 game in their review history. Same goes for DA2, Halo, CoD, Gears, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedo2007 View Post
    Why isn't Activsion on there, they're on the same level as EA. I hope Activision didn't bribe whoever created that picture.
    Activision does more damage to gaming as a whole, but I'm not sure if they are worse from a customer service standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    I'm interested as to why paypal are up there? Am I missing something?
    My guess is its their claims dispute process and their fees for handling money.

Their fees have gotten pretty significant, particularly when you get meaningless attachments to your account (like getting "verified").

Their claims dispute process has become a joke as well.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast