Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Electronic Arts is the worst company in america

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts is the worst company in america within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by Curse Big differences behind some mod on EA forums banning someone and the actual company caring I'm ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    Big differences behind some mod on EA forums banning someone and the actual company caring

I'm interested as to why paypal are up there? Am I missing something?
    Paypal is absolutely the worst company I have ever done business with. There are horror stories out there. They make it a practice to freeze money on accounts without reason, because their TOS says they can, and they collect interest on it as you wait to use the funds you rightfully own. They also always side with the buyer on just about every transaction that comes into dispute, regardless of if the seller is in the right. They act like they are above the law, and in many cases, they are as they exploit a loophole to act like a bank without actually being a bank, as that would put restrictions that would kill many of their evil ways. Their customer service on certain issues is very condescending and will shout over you, telling you to "go **** yourself" (without using those exact words, of course). They forward you on to collection agencies and threaten lawsuits on negative balance which you cannot fight even when it is their mistake, unless you spend enough money to take it to court, which is often never cost efficient between travel and/or court expenses. They have often charged credit cards and bank accounts without authorization, basically robbing users.

If you're an online merchant or get paid for services via Paypal, odds are you have had to get a rape kit at the hospital at least once in your dealings with them. If not, you eventually will.

Just google around about Paypal and you will see why they are a real piece of shit. PayPal Complaints, PayPal Customer Service & eBay Suspension Complaints is a great site to check out for a quick glance.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Check Those Corners

I thought Electronic Arts was from canada? Anyways, this doesnt come as a suprise to me as they screw the gamers first chance they get. Only EA games I get are the Maddens, and thats about it.

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CallmeNasty View Post
    I thought Electronic Arts was from canada? Anyways, this doesnt come as a suprise to me as they screw the gamers first chance they get. Only EA games I get are the Maddens, and thats about it.
    their headquarters was always redwood california.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

walmart is the worst. i work full time as customer service and its pretty bad. first of all, i was hired as part time, then i was told i would have to be full time becasue we didnt have enough staff (its a brand new walmart). then i was working about 7 hours of over time every pay period but it was ok cuz more money for me right. now we dont get paid overtime so im screwed out of $200-300 per payday. im working 9 hour shifts 5 -6 days a week dealing with assholes who want to fight me over 20 cents.
    one lady i work with had to change her availability 5 times before she could get one saturday off. walmart is THE worst company

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by rnrism1111 View Post
    now we dont get paid overtime so im screwed out of $200-300 per payday. i
    There's no way that's from corporate; it has to be your branch management. You should give your employee 800 number a call.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by rnrism1111 View Post
    im screwed out of $200-300 per payday. im working 9 hour shifts 5 -6 days a week dealing with assholes who want to fight me over 20 cents.
    Thats illegal in all 50 states in the US for full-time, hourly paid staff.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Oh yeah, that's right, I live in South America so I don't even know most of these companies....
    People say Gamestop is bad but over here videogame stores are even worse. I'd LOVE to have a Gamestop around.

In any case I just hope EA learns something from this list.

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm genuinely curious why Comcast is up there? Around here, we have Comcast or Frontier (and I guess, Qwest cable and the satellite providers), and Frontier is obviously trying to get out of the cable television market, as new accounts come with a non-waivable $500 installation fee.
    And I personally keep jumping between internet deals whenever my contract period expires so I don't end up getting raped with price increases. But at least in my experience, Comcast is no worse than any other cable/internet company. I guess I could just have it pretty good in my region, since I'm in a test market, so they play nice here. But really, aside from this poll, I've never heard anything bad about them besides "OMG, so expensive!"

Lvl 6 - Silver

EA does publsh some truly excellent games but the experience is often sullied by terrible server connections / lag, glitchy play and many of the things lisated or linked to above.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 3 - Bronze

EA wasn't always like this

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post
    EA wasn't always like this
    Indeed, they used to be worse.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Just saw Payal on there.. I HATE Paypal, always holding your cash or taking fee's along w/ eBay or other random crap like random investigations which then freezes up your funds for long periods of time. They are by far annoying. EA is pretty bad & greedy. They do things for themselves, simple as that. Let that be for uncalled for DLC like the whole BF3 / BC2 kit unlocks, online passes, controlling other developers / companies (rushing, trying to end em, buy em out etc) or poor support (servers & so on).

Signature by DaRe_xLw

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Burn EA! BURN!

Signature by DaRe_xLw

MK Plat = Overrated

Wow, EA and BofA beat out WalMart? Amazing. I thought for sure that WalMart had it in the bag. I hope EA gets it. "Burn in hell you piece of shit." - Gomey from Breaking Bad.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotically-Epic View Post
    Burn EA! BURN!
    So I've just checked your trophies and a good 1/3 are EA games

What were you saying?

No Matter What

Quote Originally Posted by Curse View Post
    So I've just checked your trophies and a good 1/3 are EA games

What were you saying?
    EA in whole is a bad company, doesn't mean they don't publish good games.

"But now in the end I understand that it made be stronger."

Happy Tree Friends
    Come here for some bloody fun

Classic Rap Fans
    The hangout for fans of the Golden Era.

ExDesigns
    A prime spot for quality GFX

|Sig by Dare|

Lvl 3 - Bronze

ea sucks if u ask me

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shady Death View Post
    EA in whole is a bad company, doesn't mean they don't publish good games.
    Yes but nobodys reasoning is anything current, just people stuck in the past saying the exact same stereotypical bullshit, yawn

INTJ

reminder to vote for EA

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast