Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Electronic Arts is the worst company in america

This is a discussion on Electronic Arts is the worst company in america within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by wandarer I'm ignorant? I've looked a your trophy list. Looks like you have a few EA games. ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by wandarer View Post
    I'm ignorant? I've looked a your trophy list. Looks like you have a few EA games. Who is ignorant now?
    Those games ain't mine, borrowed them from a friend for a try. I'm never spending my own money on an EA game.Ever.

INTJ

The Voters Have Spoken: EA Is Your Worst Company In America For 2012! - The Consumerist

Whether it's on a console, a PC, a smartphone or tablet, hundreds of millions of people play video games every day. Yet most mainstream media covers the industry the same way it treats adult dodge ball leagues and cat fashion shows (both noble ventures, but neither of them multi-billion dollar industries). And the only time you hear legislators discuss video games is when some politician decries them as the death knell for all things righteous in the world (hint: they're not). Now, after years of being ignored and relegated to steerage, game-players have voted to send a message to Electronic Arts and the gaming business as a whole: Stop treating your loyal customers like crap.

After more than 250,000 votes, Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank.

To those who might sneer at something as "non-essential" as a video game company winning the Worst Company In America vote: It's that exact kind of attitude that allows people to ignore the complaints as companies like EA to nickel and dime consumers to death.

For years, while movies and music became more affordable and publishers piled on bonus content — or multiple modes of delivery — as added value to entice customers to buy, video games have continued to be priced like premium goods.

There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date. It's one thing to support a game with new content that is worth the price. It's another to put out an inferior — and occasionally broken — product with the mindset of "ah, we'll fix it later and make some money for doing so."

New, independent game companies do pop up all the time, but the cost of entering the market has historically been too expensive, making these indie innovators prime targets for acquisition by mega-publishers like EA. Our hope is that the growth of app-based gaming and downloadable games will continue to make it easier for developers to get their products out without the backing of companies that don't care a lick about the people who fork over their cash.

Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA.

Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

Thanks again to everyone who voted. See you all again in about 49 weeks!

EA Won with 64% of the vote.

http://kotaku.com/5899092/worst-comp...asnt-nominated

Game publisher Electronic Arts, which won The Consumerist's reader-voted 'Worst Company in America' contest today, did not take its victory sitting down.

In a statement to Kotaku, EA Senior Director of Corporate Communications John Reseburg said:

We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.
    Reseburg also said the Human Rights Campaign is currently circulating a position to support the publisher's "decision to have developers include same-sex relationships in recent games including Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3." He also brought up the fact that EA-owned BioWare made it to the finals of the 'Best Developer' contest run by gaming site The Escapist.

The One and Only

W...T...F...

Those who voted should not ever get a game that's affiliated with EA if they're going to diss the whole company like that. EA is now officially underrated.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

you clearly haven't seen origin and their shortcut dlc packs. along with nickel and diming everything extra.

Revelations 19:16

Quote Originally Posted by One View Post
    They publish great games. Don't deny it.
    Its true...and we all still buy them no matter how shitty the company is. Just like gas prices, we all bitch about it, but fill up anyway.
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    you clearly haven't seen origin and their shortcut dlc packs. along with nickel and diming everything extra.
    Does that mean people need to pay for it to play the game (except the Online Pass)?

No really, do they?

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

INTJ

EA Responds To Worst Company Win By Name-Dropping Past Worst Company Winners - The Consumerist

Usually when we announce the winner of the annual Worst Company In America tournament, the victor chooses to quietly reflect on their triumph rather than make a public comment. But not this year's champ, Electronic Arts, which has responded to being voted the WCIA winner by hinting that it's not as bad as other companies.

In a statement to Kotaku.com, an EA rep says:

We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.
    Perhaps three out of four of those companies weren't nominated this year because they've already won. BP took home the Golden Poo last year. AIG won in 2009, and Halliburton was crowned the champ back in our first ever tournament in 2006.

Lvl 4 - Silver

ooo so what. if your dumb enough to give your nickels and dimes away to them then its your fault. people are so impatient these days to get the latest crap out that they dont wait to read reviews or other peoples thoughts but go right in and buy or pre order it believing any old hype out there that they read and then turn round and bitch coz they got burnt. you have the choice. know the facts before you buy and it will make life so much easier
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Game on....

EA shit, it's in the game.

Kiwi Defender

Yeap, totally fixed. Thanks new and oldfags alike, for ruining yet another online poll lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Is MTV classed as a company? because if anyone should be shot into space with a helmet full of bees it's the people who allowed Jersey Shore, Teen Mom and Generically shite comedy programs no one else would option to reach the airwaves.

Also, whichever company published The Hunger Games.

On topic, EA really are far from awful, Strange how a certain super company that hock slightly improved products onto witless numpties twice a year didn't win but then those witless numpties probably voted for everything else.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Monsanto, as far as I'm concerned, are still the biggest bunch of ****s. EA is a f'ing joke, but Monsanto is something else

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

MK Plat = Overrated

This doesn't change my opinion at all. I hated them before the pole, I'll continue to hate them. WalMart should have won this. At least with EA you can avoid their games. With WalMart, they suck up all the jobs in small towns then treat their employees like crap. They are also the largest supporter of Communist China. WalMart needs to go just like the growth of that terrible nation needs to go.

Resident PHD

So I guess Child labour and sweat shops are better than a bad ending and dlc.

Good to know where America's priorities lie.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post

child labor in the US?

INTJ

gotta pull out some penn and teller again

Kiwi Defender

You can't completely blame the US for this, though. Many people from around the world voted against EA just for the hell of it (plus of 4chan's love for rigging polls).

Also, most people blame ME3's ending on BioWare, not EA.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

MK Plat = Overrated

If you think just Americans voted on this pole then you are foolish. Anybody that has access to the WWW can vote. So no, it has nothing to do with American priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackListHunta View Post
    child labor in the US?
    WalMart supports China = Child Labor

Damn I got 'ed all over the place on this one.

PRO Member

64% wow thats like a landslide win or lose if you look at the award they got heh.

Huge Gaming Backlog

I wouldn't say there the worst but they have released one of the worst games I have ever played, Army of Two. Then again they have released one of the best games I have played, Battlefield 3.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast