Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Why do you like PS3trophies.com more than other similar sites?

This is a discussion on Why do you like PS3trophies.com more than other similar sites? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Originally Posted by bnecker717 1. I like the way the site looks. I've seen some other sites out there that ...

Stay golden, Ponyboy

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    1. I like the way the site looks. I've seen some other sites out there that are similar and they look dated to me. This site looks modern and user-friendly. That's always something important to me.

2. I like the system this site has for trophy guides. For example, when I want to make a trophy guide all I have to do is call the guide on the Trophy Guide Calling Thread. It doesn't take very long before one of the moderators replies to the post and a wiki is setup. The moderators are also very helpful with any questions or problems that you may have.

3. I like how the trophy guides look. Some sites look more forum-ish with their trophy guides, but this one looks more polished and is more user-friendly. At the top of the guide there are links to each trophy. This makes it a lot easier and faster to get to the trophy description you are looking for.

4. The trophy guides are straightforward. Once your wiki is setup you will have a basic framework to work off of. To add a description all you need to do is click edit by the corresponding trophy. It's also very easy to add pictures, videos, links, spoiler tags, etc.
    These are pretty much all the reasons I chose .com over that horrible awful .org site

I also love the people on the forums here
    Avatar by TheGeneral09 | Platcard by RavenScythe
    My Trophy Checklist

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

Just as bnecker's points, it's all there. The site is user-friendly, easy to navigate, it has the best community, the moderators are awesome. Really? This is just the best site.

95.37% Completion

Currently Playing

Sonic Unleashed
    Payday 2

Recently Finished

Call of Duty: Classic
    Crysis 3

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick8095 View Post
    I know i'll probably get a lot of hate from this, but I actually prefer ps3trophies. org over this site. Don't get me wrong I like ps3trophies.com, but I think ps3 trophies .org is better IMO. It's easier to set up boosting sessions, more people use that site, and overall it is the better site for trophy guides and forums IMO. I signed up on the Demon's Souls boosting thread for help on this site and I was ignored while other people were helped out. I then asked someone 2 times if they could help and I never got an answer. I then went over to ps3trophies .org and people helped me out right away. In my 1 of my posts on the Demon's Souls boosting thread I said I was no longer boosting, and i thanked the people who helped me out with some items in Demon's Souls over at ps3trophies. org - cheeseyqueso, and OmegaDenmad. My post was deleted just for mentioning ps3trophies. org. This post will probably get deleted as well for voicing my opinion. We'll see
    Gonna start here. The few people that could boost that game here were either busy OR you didn't contact them as OP stated. For me to help you were too high SL and sent PSN messages which I don't like and so ofcourse you got ignored there. Just didn't come at the right time. Sorry that was such a hassle for you, but it happens that way sometimes. This site has had a lack of dedicated members and lost a large number with the reset. Nothing against you for preferring that site to here, as different people and different experiences.

But on to why I prefer this site now . Not quite what it used to be, but still always like it here cause of the community. Lots of great and helpful people around this site always willing to help if they can and have a bit of patience. . Happy to know most of my good companions made over the last couple years are still around or least come around some what.

Staff is still alright too and we have some excellent ones and some never really see doing much, but way it goes sometimes.

Lots of great guide writers here and artists and some jokers that keep it entertaining .

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

MK Plat = Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Blazikiller View Post
    Just as bnecker's points, it's all there. The site is user-friendly, easy to navigate, it has the best community, the moderators are awesome. Really? This is just the best site.
    You know, I have to disagree with you on this. The Mods here are super biased. They are extremely fast to closing threads that they either don't care about or get personally annoyed with. That is like 6th grade behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick8095 View Post
    I know i'll probably get a lot of hate from this, but I actually prefer ps3trophies. org over this site. Don't get me wrong I like ps3trophies.com, but I think ps3 trophies .org is better IMO. It's easier to set up boosting sessions, more people use that site, and overall it is the better site for trophy guides and forums IMO. I signed up on the Demon's Souls boosting thread for help on this site and I was ignored while other people were helped out. I then asked someone 2 times if they could help and I never got an answer. I then went over to ps3trophies .org and people helped me out right away. In my 1 of my posts on the Demon's Souls boosting thread I said I was no longer boosting, and i thanked the people who helped me out with some items in Demon's Souls over at ps3trophies. org - cheeseyqueso, and OmegaDenmad. My post was deleted just for mentioning ps3trophies. org. This post will probably get deleted as well for voicing my opinion. We'll see
    I do agree with you on some points here. The guides on .org are written much better than here. Also, there are way more users on .org so boosting is much better. However, it doesn't really help me much since most of the users on .org are in the EU while I'm in the USA. It's a little difficult to arrange times when you are six hours apart. Also, I found just as many flaky people on .org as I did here. Where my experience goes way off course with yours is the community. That is where .com shines for me.

The mods suck here. The trophy guides are so so. It's all about the community. There are too many cool people here that like to game, goof off, and just have a good time.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Gonna start here. The few people that could boost that game here were either busy OR you didn't contact them as OP stated. For me to help you were too high SL and sent PSN messages which I don't like and so ofcourse you got ignored there. Just didn't come at the right time. Sorry that was such a hassle for you, but it happens that way sometimes. This site has had a lack of dedicated members and lost a large number with the reset. Nothing against you for preferring that site to here, as different people and different experiences.

But on to why I prefer this site now . Not quite what it used to be, but still always like it here cause of the community. Lots of great and helpful people around this site always willing to help if they can and have a bit of patience. . Happy to know most of my good companions made over the last couple years are still around or least come around some what.

Staff is still alright too and we have some excellent ones and some never really see doing much, but way it goes sometimes.

Lots of great guide writers here and artists and some jokers that keep it entertaining .
    No worries it's cool. I got someone to help with the some of the items i needed and i got the platinum. No longer playing the game anymore anyways so it doesn't matter to me .

Notorious K.I.D.

What it comes down to for me is the community. And I don't just mean the people I get along with. I wouldn't trade my "enemies" here for friends on any other site. Whether it be my fellow GGA members or those that hate us and what we stand for, I wouldn't trade any of you guys. I've been here since before the reset, back when the rivalries were fast and furious, and i plan on sticking around to see what comes next. All I ask is that none of you ever change, this has become a second home for me.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    • The people here are real friendly.
    ya right.

дурак

I feel more comfortable here. I know how far I can push people and who not to mess with so much. But I rarely use the trophy guides here unless I'm really stuck on something. Other than that I never use guides to begin with.

I've met many great people on this site, and to be honest, I have no time to be a member of two separate trophy forums.

The other reason is because I went to .org, they aren't very nice people. Kind of a site full of douchebags but whatever.

Overall this place feels like home.

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    You know, I have to disagree with you on this. The Mods here are super biased. They are extremely fast to closing threads that they either don't care about or get personally annoyed with. That is like 6th grade behavior.
    I'm gonna have to agree with this. Apologies to the mods here who I admire, but it is true.

Not to mention if you pay enough attention, there are enough cliques around here that stick together and vote for each other in MotM and shit like that, even though they really did nothing to better the community. Or at least it used to be like that, before the reboot. Not so much anymore, but it is still there.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

People are friendly and the forums occasionally make me laugh. Guides come in handy although I find myself going to another site for those (sorry, it's a condensed thang!). This site is also easy to navigate, looks good and most importantly RELIABLE.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    ya right.
    Friendly to people who don't pay for all their platinum trophies

Local Drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Friendly to people who don't pay for all their platinum trophies
    Lol, exactly mate.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Hack the Planet!!

Everyone loves going to the zoo. The tigers and monkeys. ( for example )

I started coming here for the guides, but stayed bcuz Ive met some really cool ppl.

WHO DAT!!!!

it is straight up one major thing....THE PEOPLE.....the people that moderate and provide all the helpful gaming info that make this site so awewome....and you know who u are! THANKS

PRO Member

It looks more fresh and people don't take themselves to seriously! I still .org but its not as good.

The Stereotype Killer

Honestly I've never joined .org and really don't have any intention to. I'm more than satisfied with this site. I just joined at the beginning of April, but I've already got a number of friends/people I enjoy talking to. It's quite nice. So yeah I'll have to agree with countless others that the people on here really make so much of a difference.

I also really like the guides. Although I don't have millions of plats, I still enjoy being able to look at all the potential trophies I could get and how to obtain them.
    Overall I just enjoy this site completely.
    Twitter: Stereotypekillr
    Xbone: Stereotypekillr

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsoldier36 View Post
    ya right.

The reason why people trolled you is because you were full of shit telling others to get harder plats when I know for a fact you haven't earned a single trophy yourself. You bought it to yourself just like your trophies

Anyways back on topic, the community is why I have stayed here and not branch off to Slyprofiles or .org

The Deathly Rhythm

I'm here because I love the fourms and the guides, I would of never plated half of my game because of this website
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

No Game No Life

The reason why I'm active here is because of the community. I got to meet a lot of friends here. Friends from the good old IoS and GGA shop, friends from PPS and friends that I met because of our interests in different genre of games.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Game on....

This site kicks serious ass!! Need i say more?

That Southern B****

Quote Originally Posted by bnecker717 View Post
    I'll start things off. I like PS3trophies.com more than other similar sites (no offense) because:

1. I like the way the site looks. I've seen some other sites out there that are similar and they look dated to me. This site looks modern and user-friendly. That's always something important to me.

2. I like the system this site has for trophy guides. For example, when I want to make a trophy guide all I have to do is call the guide on the Trophy Guide Calling Thread. It doesn't take very long before one of the moderators replies to the post and a wiki is setup. The moderators are also very helpful with any questions or problems that you may have.

3. I like how the trophy guides look. Some sites look more forum-ish with their trophy guides, but this one looks more polished and is more user-friendly. At the top of the guide there are links to each trophy. This makes it a lot easier and faster to get to the trophy description you are looking for.

4. The trophy guides are straightforward. Once your wiki is setup you will have a basic framework to work off of. To add a description all you need to do is click edit by the corresponding trophy. It's also very easy to add pictures, videos, links, spoiler tags, etc.

5. The moderators are friendly and quick to respond to your questions. So far I've never had to wait more than 24 hours for someone from this site to reply to one of my questions. (Thanks so much guys!)

I'm sure there are many more reasons, but I can't think of them all right now.

What are your reasons?
    All the reasons listed plus

1-Boosting lists and the boosting option on the game's trophy page make finding someone to boost with much much easier
    2-Syncing trophies makes it easier to see what is left
    3-Trophy pages are awesome
    4-Bears repeating: Site is user friendly!
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast