Headset trouble

This is a discussion on Headset trouble within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; So I finally caved and bought a headset. It's only a 9.99 piece of shit, but it had good reviews. ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Headset trouble

So I finally caved and bought a headset. It's only a 9.99 piece of shit, but it had good reviews. It's the Gioteck EX-01.

Just wondering are headsets meant to sometimes drop out so you can't hear anything? I have never used one before so I have no idea if this is normal. Basically one minute I can hear people and they can hear me, and sometimes half way through a conversation I would drop out [like a phone call with no signal? probably the best way I can describe it].I have read that this particular headset might have trouble with wireless net, but wired isn't an option for me.

I know I should have probably invested in a *better* more expensive headset, but I didn't, so I will have to make do.... Any suggestions for this or is this just a dud and I should send it back for a new one...

Thanks guys
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

PRO Member

My old bluetooth that I sed to use did this, but my new headset does not so idk. Maybe it just depends on what you are using.

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

How far do you sit from the PS3? If it's too far, you could experience signal drops from the headset where everything would fall silent (like a dropped call). Try moving a little closer and see if that fixes it. Bluetooth typically boasts a 30 ft. range but, in most cases falls short of that.

There shouldn't be a wireless signal conflict as this headset is Bluetooth. While both technologies work roughly over the same bandwidth range they transmit/receive data very differently. It's very rare for a BT signal to be interrupted by a WiFi signal.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'm about 6ft away. But I have tried to get closer, and it didn't really work any different..
    And yeah good point, just remember reading about people saying they had problems with it.
    Anything else I can try?
    Thanks btw
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    [

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    I'm about 6ft away. But I have tried to get closer, and it didn't really work any different..
    And yeah good point, just remember reading about people saying they had problems with it.
    Anything else I can try?
    Thanks btw

Well, there goes that thought lol. You are plenty close for it to work flawlessly. You may try changing the band in your wireless router. Most have the ability to specify the frequency or, at least, channel it operates at. Some even have the ability to auto-scan for the best one. That might be worth a try.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'll have a look and reply at some point, thanks man.
    [

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    I'll have a look and reply at some point, thanks man.
    Any news on this? Have you been able to get it working?

If you still need help, post the model of your wireless router and we can get you some instructions on how to change those frequency settings.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Sorry man I forgot about this thread. Essentially it works enough for me to get a few games out of it, and then will go blank, and then go back to being quiet again. I guess I can live with this. I'm not sure whether it is other peoples headsets having trouble too when I am playing, as I have heard a few people say that they've cut out or whatever. I'll make do with it, it's not unbearable. Thanks for the help though mate, it is appreciated. (+rep )
    [

PRO Member

You bet man