Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Does Not Getting The Platinum Trophy Bother You?

This is a discussion on Does Not Getting The Platinum Trophy Bother You? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; Doesn't matter to me. Getting as many trophies as I can makes me happy. If I can get the Platinum, ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Doesn't matter to me. Getting as many trophies as I can makes me happy. If I can get the Platinum, then I'm even happier.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Sometimes.

- If there are multiplayer trophies that I don't want to get, and that stops me from the Platinum, I get a little agitated. A good example would be Far Cry 2. The multiplayer is terrible, so I will not put in the time and dedication for them. If not for crappy multiplayer, I would Platinum that game...eventually, because the whole game kind of stinks.

- If it's a game whose servers are offline, like LOTR Conquest, I get hotter than an asphalt street on a July afternoon. If the servers weren't down, I'd have the Platinum. I would also still casually play, because that was a fun game. It was like medieval fantasy Star Wars Battlefront.

MY PLATINUM CARD ONLY ANIMATES IF YOU'RE USING FIREFOX, AS IT'S AN ANIMATED PNG FILE

Retired...

Even, I'm at 91% right now for this game, Gran Turismo 5 because of Vettel's challenge!

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Not having Crysis 2 plat is bothering me as I can't get it as a result of a glitched trophy. Fuck Crytek

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

ლ(ಠдಠლ)

Used to bother me, not so much now. I try to at least complete the game first and go from there if I can be bothered to plat or not.

Closing this account

nope because being perfect is a self image issue that i dont have but if you legitimately have OCD then that is a totally different topic.

Local Drunk

I'm never going to plat Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe because I stuck at combos and I couldn't care less. There are more important things in life than trophies.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It doesn't bother me in the slightest If i'm enjoying the game i may try and get the plat, but if not then it doesn't bother me not having the plat as on a couple of games am only one trophy away from plating them but couldn't bring me self to play through the game again so shortly

Created by Prosthetic

From here on out Blank friend requests will not be acknowledged

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yeah, sometimes. like the trophy list for madden NFL 10. i got that trophy list when i bought the system. and i dont own the game. plus i hate football games so im never getting that plat,

Awesome signature made by Remus1997

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Only for games that I feel like I should be able to plat, and even then not for long.

PRO Member

Yeah I can say that it bothers me a little bit. Like I have been at 91% forever on Final Fantasy Xlll. The last trophy I need is the Treasure Hunter trophy which requires you to have every single weapon and accessory. I have alreadyput in over forty hours of grinding just for rare items and then another 30 for leveling up my characters. I am over 100 hours in the game clearly and I jut cannot take it anymore, so I pretty much just gave up. Oh yeah by the way, I have GT5 and it seems pretty much impossible.

Sig by Bladia

Regional Manager of War

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenicide_X View Post
    If there is a game that you don't think that you will ever Platinum, does it bother you? I don't know why but i find that it affects me that i don't want to play any of my other games because i can't get the Platinum on whichever game it is i can't do. I get put off and turned off all my other games because of this, i know i sound silly but i just can't get rid of the feeling of knowing i can't get the Platinum and it stops me playing all my other games. I even feel like going as far as creating a new account to erase the game i can't do out my Trophy Collection so it's not there anymore. I don't really want to create a new account but i just can't shake this feeling i keep getting. Has anyone else ever felt like this? Oh and by the way, the game that i know i will never Platinum is Gran Turismo 5.
    Your giving up to soon tbh because GT5 is not a quick plat or a easy one so keep trying. Also making a new account will not escape the fact that you gave up on a plat and allowed GT5 to beat you. It's not an easy game but not impossible either, most people take a whole year to get the plat and your giving up after 7 days! really...Anyways 48/51 games I played I really enjoyed except for Trivial Pursuit, Terminator Salvation, and detuned. From now on I only play games I know I will enjoy not matter how easy or hard it is to obtain the

Harvester of Souls

It doesn't bother me like that at all.. I just like gaming, but go for trophies to keep me playing certain ones. Also if I do a trophy guide i'll try for more of them and bothers me to not be able to get stuff only for sake of me needing to know how to lol.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 9 - Gold

It bothers me if i'm like 1 trophy away from platinum and that trophy is stopping me getting it like Call of Juarez I'm missing one multiplayer trophy

PRO Member

There are a couple reasons I might get upset at not obtaining a plat...the first would be online trophies. If I am unable to plat a game for the simple reason I can't do onlines it tends to bother me for a day or two. The second sort of coincides with the first, but if I can't get the online trophies because the server population is non-existent that tends to bother me as well.

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Mehh,it used to bother me but i try to stay away from games that have online trophys and thus prevent me from getting the plat.In this instance though,im playing SSX and the trophys are very acheivable but with AC:Brotherhood i thought they were sodding ridiculous and i didnt get the plat,so i was gutted but now id just rather enjoy the game i play but its always nice to get a plat

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

yes thats why im going back and cleaning up all the games that i dont have a for

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yes and no. Depends on the game.
    For example, I know I'll never Plat AC Brotherhood, UMvC3, etc; because of the online trophies, but it still kinda bothers me given that I already have/plan to get all the rest of the trophies.
    Games that I don't like or are too difficult (WipEout HD, GTAIV) I don't really mind.

Games like BioShock 2, Mass Effect 2, or Dead Space 2 in which I'm missing 3 or less Trophies but don't really wanna play again botherme to an extent. But I'm not playing a game again just to get a trophy...

NO blank Friend Requests will be accepted

PRO Member

As long as I finish the story in the game thats enough for me a platinum is just a after game bonus.

RPG Master

Getting the platinum is really one of my main goals of a game. Of course, I won't buy a game just for the platinum, I want to enjoy the experience foremost.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast