Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Does Not Getting The Platinum Trophy Bother You?

This is a discussion on Does Not Getting The Platinum Trophy Bother You? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; when i was a big time trophy whore it would bother me a lot. but now that i don't care ...

Prayer Warrior

when i was a big time trophy whore it would bother me a lot. but now that i don't care about trophies and only play for the fun of the game i could care less if i get one trophy. it's all about enjoying what the developing company spent so long on making just like it should be.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 6 - Silver

Nah, don't really care, I've made a conscious decision to try for the platinums for games that I want, and hopefully by the end of it, I will have at least 25 plats. However, what does bother me is having games with 0% that I will never play again but I have played once, such as Pain and Trash Panic. I really wish I could just delete these games from my trophy list...
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Lvl 4 - Silver

The only time I hate it is when online servers get shut down so they're unattainable. Otherwise it just shows I didn't really care enough to go for it.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 7 - Gold

No, i decide for myself when i've finished a game, i'm done when i'm done with it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i accidentliy deleted my save file for infamous 2 and was one away from plat and i was like fuck it, so i sent it back to gamefly, well months later it bothered me soo bad that i actually played it for the third time and platinum it

so it only bothers me if i did something wrong but not if i cant beat it

PRO Member

Well im lying if i say no but i find it annoying coz u spend time on it and in the end u couldnt unlocked thats bad but more importantly is to enjoy doing it so u can feel better after all is just virtual trophies xD

Lvl 7 - Gold

For me personnally is doesn't bother me if i don't get the
    I just enjoy my games and if i think it's possible and i'm feeling good about the game and are willing to put my time in it, i will try to get the

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Yes , that's FUCKING NBA 2k 10 (impossible platinum)
    Come to My Trophy Check List

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It does bother me when the trophies are not based on my skills, like the multiplayer trophies.
    That's why I tend to buy Single Player games...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yes if it's a game that is hard or one that I should easily be able to do but just can't. Like in AC brother hood I can't do it simply because no one chases after you any more and all I need is triple escape and extreme victory (only reason I can't get extreme victory is because I can't get triple escape or double escape any more.
    Another one that anoy's me is wipeout HD Bling brigade, Mostly because I did all the hard trophies and then I get stuck at one that never should be in the game in the first place
    But yes if I found the game fun then it does bother me

Lvl 7 - Gold

with some games it effect me but not that i dont play ps3 games

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Back before it would bother me but not so much now. I still aim to try and get the platinum but if i don't get it i don't mind as much i will eventually get it.

Game on....

What about those gamers who care about nothing else except getting platinum trophies and end up unable to get a plat on a certain game and find themselves in locked a padded room, screaming about trophy percentages. You don't hear about those gamers and i doubt they would be able to add to this thread to give it some balance.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nope, fuck the trophies

WHO DAT!!!!

if i go for te plat and dont get it due to some sort of glitch, it really bugs me. I had that problem w ME3 and was 2 trophies away from plat. game glitched twice and wiped my stats so i chucked it like a frisbee!!!! haha

That Southern B****

Not really. There are numerous reasons why i never plat'ed certain games. No second controller, PSN down, had too much trouble on the harder difficulty.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Didn't care about trophies in the beginning (used to be more of a PC gamer), but was hooked once I got my first platinum trophy. I don't really bother with DLC trophies unless I really love a particular game or series, but I find not having the platinum highly annoying.

I'm even considering creating a second account just for the sake of playing games such as Fear 2 and 3. Would be a waste not to play particular games just to maintain a clean platinum list. Currently feeling rather conflicted about this...

Favorite Plats: NGS2, NG3: RE
    Current Top 3 Favorite Series: BioShock, inFamous, Uncharted

Gotham's Reckoning

Yes it does, even not having 100% in a game really bothers me.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

Lvl 6 - Silver

Depends on the game. Mirror's Edge doesn't bother me at all because I just never had the time to play the same boards over and over and plat that.
    And I think that if you look at the Mirror's Edge trophies that i DO have, you will see that an effort was put in.

Now...The Force Unleased II....THAT bothers me. I still have two more challenges to do for that plat and it annoys the crap out of me.

Working through the Final Fantasy X trophy run.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a movie reference and I'm a guy.

What are you doing right now? thread

Lvl 1 - Bronze

It only bothers me if it is a game that I really like. Even then, I only bust my ass trying to plat a game for like 2 days and then move on.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast