Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Does Not Getting The Platinum Trophy Bother You?

This is a discussion on Does Not Getting The Platinum Trophy Bother You? within the General PS3 Discussion forum, part of the Everything PlayStation; No doesnt bother me at all. Trophies are just a plus, not a priority for me. Ever since i started ...

Revelations 19:16

No doesnt bother me at all. Trophies are just a plus, not a priority for me. Ever since i started gamefly, i usually dont even have the patience to shoot for a platinum before i've already sent off the game for another.

Now on the games that i've owned or plan on owning, yes, i'll probably attempt the platinum on those...
    "The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Depends. The game that has been bothering me is GTA IV. I 100% the story but couldn't take the time to finish the online trophies. (Been trying recently though)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

it did long ago but now it doesn't.

mainly because most of the games i haven't platinumed are because of multiplayer reasons.
    long ago i would've boosted whatever trophies necessary for the multiplayer trophies but now, i've less time to do so.

Looking for Grimy's n00bs

Quote Originally Posted by prarpin View Post
    It doesn't bother me because I always plat my games. I always play games for what they are first then go trophy hunting after the campaign is done. There is not a single game that I own or will ever own that will go unplatted....ever. I don't loose sleep over it either. I make sure I'm going to like the game a lot before I buy it so, me getting sick of a game before the plat is damn near impossible no matter how hard or easy it is.
    I'm sorry dude, but this statement made me laugh.

avatar and sig by the awesome kid420247

Plats-O'-War!!

Not at all. For a few games I play, I'll just beat it for the time being. Then, I'll come back for the if I decide to do so. If not, then oh well. I enjoyed the game, and that's what matters to me.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

just try your best i wouldn't worry about not platinuming every game as its slighlty unrealistic, work towards as many as you can but some games are just downright ridiculous, look at seriously 3.0 on gears 3, im a major achievement whore and a major gears players (got the original seriously), but i looked at that one and laughed knowing i'd never even attempt it lol

The Girl Gamer

I guess it bugs me a bit. I would love to have a perfect platinum streak, which I almost do have. I always play the games for fun first and go trophy hunting afterwards. Unless the game is old and have online trophies, then I go do the online trophies first since I hate online trophies, but the single player mode I do play it for fun and then play it again for the trophies. I actually quit on Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe since the kombo challenges are so hard to do. Didn't play that game for a year, but I thought to give it another shot since I wanted to get platinum on it. All I needed to do was practice and have some patience. Finally got platinum on that game. If I can't get platinum on a game, then it's fine with me. It's not like it's going to kill me or anything for not getting it.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Sometimes it does
    ★Greatness from small beginnings★

PRO Member

Heck yes! I've been working on Chronicles of Riddick forever now. I'm borderline insane when I see it

Legend...Nuff Said

Not really. Some games I don't care enough for it, or there is one trophy just not worth the time and effort.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For me, it's not getting 100% completion that bothers me. While that includes the platinum in most cases, it also includes games with DLC and games without a platinum.

On my account, I currently have 8 games that are not at 100%. 3 of them (Lost Planet 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Beatles Rock Band), I have no shot at getting the plat or the 100%. 3 of them (Ghostbusters, Mortal Kombat, LEGO Rock Band) are games I have a shot at 100%, but haven't achieved them yet. Then there's Uncharted 2, where I have the platinum, but not the 100%. The 8th is Resistance 3, which I'm about to start and am fairly confident I'll get the 100%.

While I'm proud of the fact I have 59 out of 67 games at 100%, those 8 stick out like a sore thumb.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345